Anybody Like This,top Of The Range Soul

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Best tune ever played on Simon Bates spot - Liberator by Spear of Destiny. :huh:

Bizarre, he must have been a fan because I distinctly remember him also playing another S-O-D track on Our Tune - for some soldier fighting in the first Iraq war - the song was "Mickey" and it was bloody awful.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Got share this,and who remembers the radio program theme thats starts this get your snot rag out. :rolleyes:

Yes I remember that spot. It was sentimental sugar-coated claptrap! Peter Powell was it? The guy who couldn't tell a photograph of Limmie & Family Cookin' apart from Martha & The Vandellas (on a TV quiz show he hosted) I've never forgiven him for that - not that I needed any other reason to thoroughly DESPISE the majority of Radio One DJs! Smug, self-satisfied, gabbling, patronising, smarmy, cackling, talentless GITS...!!!

(Rant over)

Never knew it was a Chis Clark record though! Nearest Peter (Enoch) Powell got to playing any decent music probably! Ain't a patch on "our Brenda" of course, but still... :shades:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

MY F----N' GOD! Ha-Harr! WOW! That is by far, the WORST vocal I have EVER, EVER HEARD! (makes even ME sound like Bing Bleedin' Crosby!) It takes real talent to sing as badly as that! Come back Sid Vicious, all is forgiven! Dear oh dear! shades.gifexcl.pngthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngsad.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

(It's a spoof dub of course - even Blood Sweat and Tears' version wasn't THAT bad in reality) biggrin.png

Brilliant Matt - Do more!

Social source share

MY F----N' GOD! Ha-Harr! WOW! That is by far, the WORST vocal I have EVER, EVER HEARD! (makes even ME sound like Bing Bleedin' Crosby!) It takes real talent to sing as badly as that! Come back Sid Vicious, all is forgiven! Dear oh dear! :shades::excl::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:(:D:D:D:D

(It's a spoof dub of course - even Blood Sweat and Tears' version wasn't THAT bad in reality) :D

Brilliant Matt - Do more!

I`ve got a UK demo :rolleyes:

Social source share

Anyone got a sound file of the Brenda Holloway version?

I prefer the Blood Sweat and Tears version though... best if you listen with your eyes closed :shades:

Hope link works, my first.

Here's an even better version.... :rolleyes:

that second version's excellent! it was making my dog whine! top stuff , how d'you do that?

I never know that Simon bates theme was Chris Clark, I always thought it was from a Romeo & Juliet opera for some reason, f*** knows why.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

'Our Tune' A feature which started in 1980, heard at 11.00 on his morning programme; Simon would read out a listener's story about their relationship, but changed the names of the people. The story was read out with the background music 'Romeo & Juliet', from Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 film score.

I was right. Did Chris Clark use the bit from Romeo & juliet? Is this whole thing a wind up>? :rolleyes: , I'm right confused

Social source share

'Our Tune' A feature which started in 1980, heard at 11.00 on his morning programme; Simon would read out a listener's story about their relationship, but changed the names of the people. The story was read out with the background music 'Romeo & Juliet', from Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 film score.

I was right. Did Chris Clark use the bit from Romeo & juliet? Is this whole thing a wind up>? :unsure: , I'm right confused

No wind up,recorded exactly as on LP pictured in my avatar so your probberly right!!. rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert