Latin soul tunes like Tommy Navarro

Down Under Soul

13 hours ago, Michael V said:

Along with the gems above;The Rubies-Spanish Boy, Mongo Santamaria- We Got Latin Soul, El Pussycat ,  The Checkmates-Mastered The Art Of Love and many more Latin and Latinesque delights that I'm trying to think of!

Thanks for these tasters Michael. Its opening up my mind to a new genre.Steve

Social source share

Some great Latin influence soul records all good the ones posted, I suppose Ben E King with the Drifters and solo  circa 1960 -63 is a great example of this Genre all his stuff did it for me, A few British stars dipped their toes in this style early sixties Jimmy Justice etc and they turned out well produced sounds,

ML

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

always loved 'The Wanderers - You Can't Run Away from Me' great mid tempo track 🙂

You should also check out the Spanish  version / lyrics of Timi Yuro - It'll Never be Over For Me, I have a MP3 if you want one,  !Música hecha en el cielo!

Mal

Social source share

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden, and Tito Puente is great, if you want to shout somebody over, like 'Oy' or even 'Oi' in English, you say Oye Como Va, (Oi Hows it Going)... obviously I'm leaning Spanish...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

This one is a Leftfield one, aren't they all from me...    Might not have bugger all to do with Spanish, but Ive been looking for a reason to post, cause it's just a great version of Golden Brown and Count Five, kinda Mashed together... brand new and costs under a tenner...

Social source share

7 hours ago, Mal C said:

This one is a Leftfield one, aren't they all from me...    Might not have bugger all to do with Spanish, but Ive been looking for a reason to post, cause it's just a great version of Golden Brown and Count Five, kinda Mashed together... brand new and costs under a tenner...

My little brother would assassinate you for buying this.

Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 2
Social source share