JMAuction - 19/08/2020 - Results

Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Okay, I got to say, I was really up for that Roosevelt Matthews record. Had a realistic limit, I guess, but, old Swede, I really didn't see that one coming.

'Guilty as charged' and suitable embarrassed - I had a limit of around £500.00, went to a cheeky £603.00, but then got carried away towards the end, thinking "Surely it can't go any higher!" and won it (Not really feeling the word 'won' being fitting) 

That said - I really really rate it, and if needs be I can always sell somat else to compensate.

An exhausted Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Len said:

'Guilty as charged' and suitable embarrassed - I had a limit of around £500.00, went to a cheeky £603.00, but then got carried away towards the end, thinking "Surely it can't go any higher!" and won it (Not really feeling the word 'won' being fitting) 

That said - I really really rate it, and if needs be I can always sell somat else to compensate.

You got me diggin.  Is a grower without a doubt but sorry not at that price 😕 well not for me mate.  Look forward to hearing you play it out hopefully sometime soon 🙏 

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

You got me diggin.  Is a grower without a doubt but sorry not at that price 😕 well not for me mate.  Look forward to hearing you play it out hopefully sometime soon 🙏 

Yes, praying that we will all be out soon mate.

I think I'll play the damn thing 3 times at The Bury Virtual All-nighter on 29th August! I'm looking at this purchase as a 50th Birthday pressy to me :wink:

I've bought high in this instance, I freely admit - But pleased I have it.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Len said:

'Guilty as charged' and suitable embarrassed 

§$%&?!

:boxing:

1 hour ago, Len said:

all good - congratulations

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Len said:

... but then got carried away towards the end, thinking "Surely it can't go any higher!" 

That's it, I know it all too well.
At some point the fingers no longer obey - you're so much in a tunnel - drooling, panting, the 10 colleagues hack will-less, stressed and panicky on the number keyboard.
update - update - update
Yeah, I won... YEAH ... BeerShower!

Just now, Zanetti said:

That's it, I know it all too well.
At some point the fingers no longer obey - you're so much in a tunnel - drooling, panting, the 10 colleagues hack will-less, stressed and panicky on the number keyboard.
update - update - update
Yeah, I won... YEAH ... BeerShower!

And then the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/diverses behind you...:thumbup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

47 minutes ago, Len said:

Yes, praying that we will all be out soon mate.

I think I'll play the damn thing 3 times at The Bury Virtual All-nighter on 29th August! I'm looking at this purchase as a 50th Birthday pressy to me :wink:

I've bought high in this instance, I freely admit - But pleased I have it.

Len - its a cracking tune, way over what I would ever pay for anything, tight southerner here!!  But If I did it would be one i'd be after.  I just have to cheat and stick the CD on now and then.  Even more annoyed i'm going on my hols on the 29th, still trying to work out how to escape the first night for a few hours!!!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Len said:

Not sure who played Roosevelt Matthews first, but my influence for wanting it was after hearing 'Mick 'n' Mo' play it (@Skegsoul)

So, a big thanks to them from me :wink:

Hi len such a great record, still my no1 and one we will never let go. Got a issue and demo copy. 

A record is only worth how bad you want it young man 👍 mick n Mo 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Skegsoul said:

Hi len such a great record, still my no1 and one we will never let go. Got a issue and demo copy. 

It’s a top top record I remember paying over the odds for it but it’s sensational.

sadly mine has gone now but enjoyed getting and havng it.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Skegsoul said:

Have had two issues one I let go to A Coney £150 earl of Doncaster still have the other rarer than the demos 

Social source share

Roosevelt..

I picked an issue up in a junk shop in Brighton mid 80's.. 10 whole new pence !!

I didn't know it and bought it purely for the fact it had a cover of Tighten Up on the flip.. Sooo glad I did !! It was Kev Draper who then informed me YGMDY had plays on The Scene

Same shop I also bought a flexi-disc of Johnny & The Self-Abusers.. for those unaware, they went on to become one of the UK's 'Super Groups'.. doesn't hurt to have diverse musical interests when it comes to buying collectable stuff

Edited by Ficklefingers
additional info
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Roosevelt..

I picked an issue up in a junk shop in Brighton mid 80's.. 10 whole new pence !!

I didn't know it and bought it purely for the fact it had a cover of Tighten Up on the flip.. Sooo glad I did !! It was Kev Draper who then informed me YGMDY had plays on The Scene

Same shop I also bought a flexi-disc of Johnny & The Self-Abusers.. for those unaware, they went on to become one of the UK's 'Super Groups'.. doesn't hurt to have diverse musical interests when it comes to buying collectable stuff

Johnny.  I'm very diverse with my musical tastes.  Soul. Northern , crossover,  modern, r n b, beat ballads, doo wop . Tamla,  Philly,  anything I've missed ? 🤣🤣🤣

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!