Posted

Does anybody remember the paperbacks books in the 1970s,the titles were SKINHEAD, SUEDEHEAD, SKINHEAD GIRL. I think they were puffin published. They used to go around school so ended up pretty tatty, any info on these 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 402

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes,the front cover photo for 'Boot Boys'( 'Smoothies' too-which was just cropped from Boot Boys) was taken in Holmesdale Rd. outside Crystal Palace's ground,Selhurst Park; the graffiti was not done f

Does anybody remember the paperbacks books in the 1970s,the titles were SKINHEAD, SUEDEHEAD, SKINHEAD GIRL. I think they were puffin published. They used to go around school so ended up pretty tatty,

Yes , they were a series of books by Richard Allen , still plenty about on evil bay 

Posted Images

Posted

Hiya, I used to have all these books and related, skinhead escapes, trouble for skinhead, dragon skins, terrace terrors etc etc. Not great but at the time it was good to have em. A similar style book came out some years ago by Maxwell Murray called ' cracking up' which is more northern soul themed. I lent all mine out, never seen again. Joe Hawkins ruled but everyone fancied his bird Sally, cheers

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

New English Library ....still got a couple of ist issues

Also Smoothies and Boot Boys same run

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Yes,the front cover photo for 'Boot Boys'( 'Smoothies' too-which was just cropped from Boot Boys) was taken in Holmesdale Rd. outside Crystal Palace's ground,Selhurst Park; the graffiti was not done for the photo shoot;it was already there along with a mass of Palace and visiting teams' graffiti on that wall and was there up until about 76'/ 77' when the wall was demolished.I  remember it well-it said 'Holmesdale End Boot Boys' .I was a Holmesdale ender myself, but not a boot boy,I was literally just a boy! I walked past it most Palace home games in the early-mid 70's;great happy childhood memories.

These Richard Allen NEL books are hard to find in good condition-they are usually well-thumbed and with creased covers and spines from their time thrust in- and bent up in -school blazer pockets!

Edited by Michael V
Typographical error
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!