Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is anyone else, especially in the NW, having problems getting ITV on freeview?  We haven't been able to get it for over a week now, 

I've heard it is a common problem but can't really get to the bottom of what the problem is and when/if it will be fixed,

Any info would be greatly appreciated 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

  •  Views 576

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try new aerial wire Pete from wall to tv.sorted mine out .mine was loose fitting couldn't get free view channels bought new lead retuned all on now . 

Pete's in Bolton eccles is his surname pal ps Corry been shite last 2 weeks Gary got married and Asian lass still in Nick but they are on to Geoff now atb yocky 

Posted

retune your TV mate , there was a notice on my TV to do this about ten days ago now , once I did this it was fine . Good luck .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Pete Eccles said:

Is anyone else, especially in the NW, having problems getting ITV on freeview?  We haven't been able to get it for over a week now, 

I've heard it is a common problem but can't really get to the bottom of what the problem is and when/if it will be fixed,

Any info would be greatly appreciated 

I presume you tried a re tune/ new install? Apparently, it's best to do it early morning, but I've no idea why. At least you'll know if it's a problem with signal strength if it's not showing on the channel list.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Simon T said:

I presume you tried a re tune/ new install? Apparently, it's best to do it early morning, but I've no idea why. At least you'll know if it's a problem with signal strength if it's not showing on the channel list.

I have retuned the TV several times including a factory settings reset, 

We are using a BT youview box, without actually having BT TV any more, for recordings, live pause and rewind etc, since I posted the first time I have retuned the box and ITV is now back on again, however it is still not available to view on the TV channel list, which is a much better quality if picture than on the BT box.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Pete Eccles said:

I have retuned the TV several times including a factory settings reset, 

We are using a BT youview box, without actually having BT TV any more, for recordings, live pause and rewind etc, since I posted the first time I have retuned the box and ITV is now back on again, however it is still not available to view on the TV channel list, which is a much better quality if picture than on the BT box.

You could try resetting the box; have a google - BT youview box reset - it looks like there different ways of doing it depending on the model

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 minutes ago, Simon T said:

You could try resetting the box; have a google - BT youview box reset - it looks like there different ways of doing it depending on the model

I mentioned this in the comment you have quoted, 

BT box retuned and all is well again, apart from I still can't get ITV on the TV channel list, the TV is less than a year old so I would like it to be fully working without the BT box 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Try new aerial wire Pete from wall to tv.sorted mine out .mine was loose fitting couldn't get free view channels bought new lead retuned all on now . 

  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Brevy said:

Try new aerial wire Pete from wall to tv.sorted mine out .mine was loose fitting couldn't get free view channels bought new lead retuned all on now . 

This confuses me Brevy (not difficult I know) the aerial goes to the set top box (BT) and then to the TV, ITV works on the box which suggests that the lead is ok ....but can't get it on the TV 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Pete Eccles said:

This confuses me Brevy (not difficult I know) the aerial goes to the set top box (BT) and then to the TV, ITV works on the box which suggests that the lead is ok ....but can't get it on the TV 

try putting the aerial directly in the TV and re-tune; ITV might be missing because to internal tuners aren't the best and might not be able to pick up a weak signal. You could try doing a 'manual' tune of missing channel(s)

Attach to re-tuned box to the TV via the SCART lead and select it with the 'input' button on TV remote & get ITV through the box's remote

You might need to adjust you aareial to 'point' to the nearest transmitter

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/tv/tv-transmitter-maps

you can check the box's channels by pressing the EPG button

Edited by Simon T
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Simon T said:

try putting the aerial directly in the TV and re-tune; ITV might be missing because to internal tuners aren't the best and might not be able to pick up a weak signal. You could try doing a 'manual' tune of missing channel(s)

Attach to re-tuned box to the TV via the SCART lead and select it with the 'input' button on TV remote & get ITV through the box's remote

You might need to adjust you aareial to 'point' to the nearest transmitter

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/tv/tv-transmitter-maps

you can check the box's channels by pressing the EPG button

No scart socket on TV Simon, aerial in loft, everything worked fine until a couple of weeks back, 

Other TVs can't find ITV either, but the BT box can 

All TVs on same aerial 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

@PeteEccles 

We are in Lymm......assuming you are in Eccles? Pretty close. 

We have got 2x BT boxes. One linked to BT line (lounge) and the other (kitchen) not.....just used as a Standalone Freeview through the aerial. 

Both boxes and TV getting ITV OK since retuning couple of weeks back. 

Sounds like your TV tuner maybe. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Pete's in Bolton eccles is his surname pal ps Corry been shite last 2 weeks Gary got married and Asian lass still in Nick but they are on to Geoff now atb yocky 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!

    Related Soul Music Links


    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.




    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.