John Cooper Clarke Autobiography

Posted

Heads up to Cooper Clarke fans ,his autobiography comes out in October, pre order now on Amazon, Waterstones had some signed copies copies for pre order back in March not sure if these are still available 

image.png.a803a36caa8f8d8e021fb88fbfc15954.png

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 671

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all old freebasing topics are archieved and so while still present they do not show via the search ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the 45 of this ... the lyrics are different in places Andy

Heads up to Cooper Clarke fans ,his autobiography comes out in October, pre order now on Amazon, Waterstones had some signed copies copies for pre order back in March not sure if these are still avail

Posted Images

Posted
47 minutes ago, Thinksmart said:

I've heard him talk about how important the Twisted Wheel was to him, so envisage that may be in the book.

Didn't know that, will be interesting to see if he mentions it. Quite surprised to see the other week a book I have of his on sale in excess of £100, got it down off the shelf to find a minor spillage at some time had caused a few pages to be stuck together, thankfully nothing too serious. 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Cheers Twoshoes, Top Bloke and I am a Big Fan, Started a thread on here some time back and introduced a few people to him, and even a few very good Poets found off the back of it, I think the thread was 'Mad Man or Genius' (or something like that) 🕶️ Rick

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Cheers Twoshoes, Top Bloke and I am a Big Fan, Started a thread on here some time back and introduced a few people to him, and even a few very good Poets found off the back of it, I think the thread was 'Mad Man or Genius' (or something like that) 🕶️ Rick

I looked for the thread yesterday but couldn't find it, I mentioned on that thread I had an earlier version of one of his poems in a fanzine which is very much of its day. You will no doubt recognise the poem Rick. 

IMG-20200812-WA0004.jpeg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
28 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

earlier version of one of his poems in a fanzine which is very much of its day.

*To A Nameless Joe*

'Magic'

The mans a Poetic Genius * Thanks for that.... Rick

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
39 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

I looked for the thread yesterday but couldn't find it

Me Too, Looks like it has been taken down , Shame because it was full of great Photographs/Poems and clips that members put up that were very funny including my own favourite from the Great Dr. J. C. C.  "I Married A Monster From Outer Space" Class👍 🕶️

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Me Too, Looks like it has been taken down , Shame because it was full of great Photographs/Poems and clips that members put up that were very funny including my own favourite from the Great Dr. J. C. C.  "I Married A Monster From Outer Space" Class👍 🕶️

all old freebasing topics are archieved and so while still present they do not show via the search

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to find old topics 

go to your profile

your recent posts/actions show on the main profile page

if looking for older posts then hit the activity button on your profile page

then click on the right menu - the type of post you are looking for 

such as 'topic'

all topics you have started will then show as per

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/profile/10339-rick-scott/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

your JCC topic shows on page one

------------------------------------------

maybe next time  having problems  try asking in the support forum

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twoshoes said:

I looked for the thread yesterday but couldn't find it, I mentioned on that thread I had an earlier version of one of his poems in a fanzine which is very much of its day. You will no doubt recognise the poem Rick. 

IMG-20200812-WA0004.jpeg

I have the 45 of this ... the lyrics are different in places

Andy

DD5C8D02-7EF3-4325-B9DB-A2B26B8A6FEB.jpeg

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mike said:

maybe next time  having problems  try asking in the support forum

Thanks Mike, Sorry to be a Pain, Always seem to forget about that, Thank You... Rick

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

I have the 45 of this ... the lyrics are different in places

Never knew it came out on a 45, that is the later version I referred to in my post, is the record spoken word or with a musical backing? When he did it live the obvious happened when it came to the last line with full audience participation. I have two cd's of his plus a performances on a dvd , photo isn't the best.

IMG_20200826_224813[1].jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's a double groove 45 .. so has 2 tracks on the same side that run in parallel .. you have to hit the right groove to hear the desired version ... recorded live ... one groove ends with 'Twat' whilst the other has the noise of a cymbal replacing it .. so that's the 'Splat' version .. all a bit odd

Andy

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 27/08/2020 at 14:04, Andy Rix said:

It's a double groove 45 .. so has 2 tracks on the same side that run in parallel .. you have to hit the right groove to hear the desired version ... recorded live ... one groove ends with 'Twat' whilst the other has the noise of a cymbal replacing it .. so that's the 'Splat' version .. all a bit odd

Andy

Got it too, as you say a bit of an odd 45. It's a bit like the Knack 45 that has a never ending "ending"... a looped groove as the run out that basically doesn't run out. The fun of 45's eh!

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Tony Clarke, Howard Peters, Lewis Clarke, Johnny Robinson
    Record Wants by Dr Pickles on Tue 20 Feb 2007
    • 5 / 864