Vocal ID on these 2>

Simon T

27 minutes ago, Simon T said:

Thanks Mick, what software did you use? I thought they must be docyored, but Ady C does have a male version acetate of Carla, unless he's playing it at the wrong speed!  I did have a CD of 'remixes' but they were shockingly bad attempts.

The male version that Ady's found is the original writer's demonstration recording , just the vocalist and a piano , it's on this set from the 100 Club On-liner in March , starts at 53:00 ... :)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Simon T said:

Thanks Mick, what software did you use? I thought they must be docyored, but Ady C does have a male version acetate of Carla, unless he's playing it at the wrong speed!  I did have a CD of 'remixes' but they were shockingly bad attempts.

Yes, I remember a guy selling awful CD's on eBay years ago of pitched up or down tracks, things like Frank Beverly, Jerry Williams, load of others, all done with no thought of the end result.

If the function us used with a bit of thought, it's good for fixing key errors.

Social source share

9 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

Yes, I remember a guy selling awful CD's on eBay years ago of pitched up or down tracks, things like Frank Beverly, Jerry Williams, load of others, all done with no thought of the end result.

If the function us used with a bit of thought, it's good for fixing key errors.

Virtual Dj, you could change the pitch/speed of the vocal whilst leaving the backing alone. Used to be free. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!