Elliot Small - I'm A Devil (Clean/distortion free copy

Patto

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
2 hours ago, Patto said:

After an original Copy please.Lots of these play with hiss and distortion but some do not .

Hi Patto, Hope you are well My Friend,

Was this ever pressed on Styrene as well as Vinyl, Discogs only shows as Vinyl,  no mention of Styrene, The Reason i asked was because the first copy i bought when they were first discovered i played was a minter which sounded great, but after a few spins the sound disintegrated rather quickly and from memory didn't like 'Back Cueing' which i stoped doing after ruining a few great intros to records. I bought another copy and binned the first one because it was unsellable and have just dug my Vinyl Copy out to play out of curiosity to see how it sounds now after years of play and sounds Spot On, Some of the decks we played records on back then was not the best and I refused to DJ at a few Venues that had a couple of Coins stuck on the top of the cartridges for extra weight unless they were removed 😱  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi Rick 

Thanks for the reply Top man.Yes im fine if being addicted to buying Rare Northern Soul records  is classed as fine lol.Hope your doing good yourself.As for the record i thought they were on vinyl not styrene but could be wrong.Its appears that almost everyone who has had this are not happy with the sound quality.But your vinyl copy plays well so that proves they are out there.Been after a good one to play out for several years now

Many Regards

PATTO

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi Patto,

I have a couple of copies of this. They are both original but from memory one of the labels is slightly darker green than the other. As for how they sound, again from memory Id say they were both poorly recorded prior to reaching the pressing plant and much of the distortion is inherent as both copies are pretty much unplayed. Having just moved house things are all over the place but I'd hope to lay my hands on them this weekend. I'll dig them out, give them a listen and let you know as to be honest it was never my favourite record.

Steve

• Up vote 2
Social source share

29 minutes ago, soulman said:

Hi Patto,

I have a couple of copies of this. They are both original but from memory one of the labels is slightly darker green than the other. As for how they sound, again from memory Id say they were both poorly recorded prior to reaching the pressing plant and much of the distortion is inherent as both copies are pretty much unplayed. Having just moved house things are all over the place but I'd hope to lay my hands on them this weekend. I'll dig them out, give them a listen and let you know as to be honest it was never my favourite record.

Steve

HI Steve i would appreciate it if you could let me have one of the spares pref the better player.Please let me know whenyou get chance

Social source share