Volumes-Aint gonna give you up-Karen

Maybe the bidder didn't realise how Tim's auction works and submitted one giant "hail mary" bid. Whatever you bid is the amount you'll pay. Not like eBay or say JM auction which takes you just one increment above the second highest bidder. 

So, the second highest bidder on this could have been £1,800.

Just a thought and I maybe way off. If I was spending that sort of cash I'd take a bit of time to understand the system.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 29/08/2020 at 14:47, Baz Atkinson said:

It is a ludicrous amount of money for a played out oldie that in essence is not even rare ? Great record so played out but, just hope the buyer fully understood the bid system .  

Have to agree it isn't rare, stupid price really for a record that has had its day IMO, extremely over played.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Chalky said:

It has been around 1k in recent times, over priced at that IMO.  For it to suddenly rise almost four fold is just barmy.

Karl.  Its one of those records that as you know,  can be heard most places and has been around for a long time, not one that I have ever taken any interest in  whatsoever hence me saying £300 . 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Vadnochka said:

Adey Pearce - £12 on a sales list /tape ? - mid 90's - almost rang him about it but decided otherwise - got mine from JM for @ £30 - played it as an ender at the Brit on numerous occasions during that period. 

But £3k + madness - but that's how it's going

Yeah thats where mine came from, Adey Pearce.  He had a several copies. How many I don't know?

It was relatively unknown, apart from a few tape swoppers then!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!