James Lewis Manifesto Yellow original

Patto

Hi Guys

Always coming accross different opinions on this one.The copy i have is the Yellow label with Red Legend logo and black text on vinyl.The run out just has L1014A Scratched in and nothing else.Now researching Manships guide and others on the net there appears to be a counterfiet of the yellow issue but the give away is that in the wrong un the counterfeiter has scratched in ZTSC 148638.mine does not have this see attached pics.Would love to hear any other opinions on this minefield one and do i have an original yellow vinyl issue.

Thanks Patto20200901_162657.thumb.jpg.959a5c87dd6b4621434f95ca7f9ca53b.jpg20200901_162036.thumb.jpg.d70bce6637902e6a4bc764d388a34925.jpg

Social source share

I have a dog-rough copy of the demo of this format. It has the same markings as yours. So, I think they are proper copies. Also, I usually prefer Vinyl to Styrene. I've seen the green (styrene?) one on the JM auction which he said is the first issue/original. I'm not sure of the time gap between the green and yellow.

Manifesto.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks Bo nice to have the DJ copy.Manship also posted the yellow copy on You tube which he refers to as a genuine original copy.Im sure the green styrene was first but not much in it and different pressing plants.It appears the counterfeiter of the yellow issue tried to transfere thec ZTSC number found on the green Styrene copies onto his yellow Counterfeit.Therefore a real genuine yellow press must not have the ZTSC number,or at least thats how i see it.If anyone else has and info please post

Edited by Patto
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

of course those are original copies..its just that the green styrene orig is much rarer today..just different pressing plants..same scenario as say brothers of soul on boo or a dream by the creations on zodiac, & the soul majestics altog variations....  it was bootlegged  for the uk market at least three times as we know but dont let anyone tell you there arnt original yellow label vinyl copies out there

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

of course those are original copies..its just that the green styrene orig is much rarer today..just different pressing plants..same scenario as say brothers of soul on boo or a dream by the creations on zodiac, & the soul majestics altog variations....  it was bootlegged  for the uk market at least three times as we know but dont let anyone tell you there arnt original yellow label vinyl copies out there

Top man Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!