1. 1. Which version...?

• Jimmy Burns
    • Bobby James
    • The Mystics
    • The Brand New Faces

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 14/09/20 at 05:06

This time around going for a version battle inspired by a comment on the most sought after article, four versions, voice your choice...

Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You

Bobby James - I Really Love You

The Mystics - I Really Love You

The Brand New Faces - Brand New Faces

Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You

Bobby James - I Really Love You

The Mystics - I Really Love You

The Brand New Faces - Brand New Faces

really-love-you-poll.jpg

as always comments with views , reasons, background and stories etc are most welcome below, the more that comment the more that vote, the more that vote the more interesting the poll becomes, the more interesting the poll the more that comment, the more.....

am sure you get the thrust

will run for a week and a bit ...

Social source share

Jimmy Burns and Bobby James are, in many respects, the same song - same backing track and almost identical vocal treatment. 

The Brand New Faces isn't really a 'version'. It just utilises the melody.

The Mystics, on the other hand, is a completely different arrangement but with the original lyrics. In fact, you need reminding that it is a version of the Jimmy Burns song.

Listening to all four back-to-back, I have to say The Mystics sounds fresh and exciting and thus it gets my vote.

Social source share

Must admit thats the 1st time I've heard The Mystics and as Amsterdam Russ says it does sound fresh and exciting. However I can remember Jimmy Burns as a fresh exciting tune for Richard Searling late 70s early 80s so Mr Burns will get my vote.

Seem to remember @ that time the only DJs playing Brand New Faces were those who didn't have Jimmy Burns. I quite liked its quirkiness then. Will give it a listen as not heard it since but Jimmy Burns for me

Cheers Paul

Social source share

It's Jimmy Burns for me - only just outshining Bobby James.. But in saying that, it's ONLY because it was Jimmy's cut I first heard and therefore associate the track more with his version

As Russ quite rightly states, The Mystics take could quite easily be mistaken for an entirely different track altogether.. But I too really like the arrangement, which appeals to me due to sounding 'fresh'

Brand New Who ???? 😄

• Up vote 1
Social source share

After listening to all four versions I pick the Mystics. Jimmy Burns and Bobby James are both good but interchangeable if I heard them out. The Mystics give it a different feel. The Brand New Faces would be okay if I hadn't heard the others. All a matter of personal taste.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!