Who's ready for an NS zydeco accordion knees up, then?

Joesoap

On 05/09/2020 at 16:34, Joesoap said:

You've got to love this?

As a tune I actually quite like it, always a sucker for an instrumental, I've had my ears opened to all kinds of stuff watching the Treme box set on Sky which if you can get it is well worth a watch, last episode I watched up popped Irma Thomas and Fats Domino, I've enjoyed spotting the well known(well to us anyway) artists in amongst the local musicians they feature. If you are unaware of it Treme is based around hurricane Catrina in New Orleans and what happened after.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 07/09/2020 at 07:58, Twoshoes said:

As a tune I actually quite like it, always a sucker for an instrumental, I've had my ears opened to all kinds of stuff watching the Treme box set on Sky which if you can get it is well worth a watch, last episode I watched up popped Irma Thomas and Fats Domino, I've enjoyed spotting the well known(well to us anyway) artists in amongst the local musicians they feature. If you are unaware of it Treme is based around hurricane Catrina in New Orleans and what happened after.

Yes I did watch and quite enjoyed the first series but lost track after that.

As a matter of fact the radio station I mentioned above is WWOZ New Orleans which you can stream online. Been listening on a daily basis since lockdown. You might enjoy that if you liked Treme. Lots of obscure soul amongst an eclectic selection of great mainly black New Orleans music.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!