The Del Tours sweet and lovely. On ebay

Speedlimit

Just scrolling on evil Bay and came across this  Del Tours sweet and lovely to my eyes this looks like a boot  label wrong type and wrong colour to start with, run out groove looks to  big as well. Doesn't state its  orig but I'm sure some unsuspecting soul will pay stupid bucks for it. 

Social source share

He sells carver with photocopy labels and mention it otherwise. This one looks to be just that but no mention of that in this item's description...

You might want let him know that if ever. I'm not. All this unimaginative 45 re-issuing business wether it being "legit" or not is just over sickening IMO.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hi

Total Fake 

i have a real one, colour of label and writing way to dull

rip off merchants like this should be banned from ebay and prosecuted

ATB

Floyd

Your lucky to have one...can’t be many of these,always fancied one of these! Don’t think I’ve EVER seen one for sale,certainly haven’t been offered one!

Social source share

19 hours ago, Chalky said:

This one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-The-Del-Tours-Sweet-And-Lovely-Starville-1206/233703176272?hash=item3669cb7850:g:rSoAAOSw0WtfU2AT

doesn’t even look like a real one, no dip in label, wrong colour. 

That was my point, total fake but like stated not mentioned in sellers discription, knwe it wasn't real but thought would point it out to anyone who  may have thought otherwise. Luckly I have been privileged to know 2 djs who have originals. Mick H and Gary Rushbrooke, when he got it off Richard, always wanted a copy. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Your lucky to have one...can’t be many of these,always fancied one of these! Don’t think I’ve EVER seen one for sale,certainly haven’t been offered one!

Hi

got mine off Adey Pierce years ago when he visited Chicago a lot

also got the Conquistadors -just cant stop loving you Act IV

at the same time, great records at reasonable prices in those days

ATB

Floyd

Edited by Floyd
wrong word
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Well it’s not as rare as folks think then because I know 3 others who’s names have not been mentioned and I missed one on eBay around ten years ago, was sold to a friend I bid but wasn’t sure of value back then but I’m sure it wasn’t a great deal over two grand but it was ten years ago , may be I should say yeah it’s bloody rare but their are more people own a copy than maybe folks think I could give you the other names but it’s their business not mine and not for me to announce lol

Edited by Paul Shirley
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Marc Forrest said:

image and run out of an original

My copy here has on the flip (fantastic side btw and same song as by the Starlighters) still the c/up marks.. anyone remember what and where it was c/up as by whom ?

Dave Withers & Chris Plant at Stafford/Stafford era but could have been one of Richard’s first late Wigan.  covered as both Earnest Mosley and Mel Wynn

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Cheers thought it was one of Richards. I thought Dave bought it along with Chessmen etc. 

Gary got it same time as he brought both moses dilllards  Sammy sevens and Richard Anthony and couple of others of him 

Edited by Speedlimit
Social source share

13 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I'm pretty sure I got it off Richard along with Topics, John & W's and couple I forgot. 

When sold dj 45s up it went to a Chris I think [who I guess is Plant].

Yes Chris Plant had a copy at the same time as Gary had one

Edited by littlestanley
Social source share

6 hours ago, Chalky said:

Combinations and Main Change?

Getting on for 40 years ago now so bit hazy.

I was thinking of 45s Dave and I bought off Richard with idea to dj.  Combinations I'd got off him a little earlier along with CODs.

May have been Main Change but think we might have had one from USA. Royal Robins was off Richard. Another I think was Classics on Yan-G.

Chris may have bought Classics off us too. 

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Nick Soule said:

Was this played on the radio then or just something you saw in a shop and bought?

"Blind Girl" got a few stray plays as a new "test record", but never got in even an infrequent rotation, as far as I remember.  "Black Girl" by The Desires was played a lot more, and sold decently locally and was stocked in a lot more shops.  I saw The Del-Tours in a shop and played it, and then bought it. 

Incidentally, this is an example for the "Releases With The Same Catalogue Number" thread, both being Starville 1206.  Amanda Love's  "I Don't Mind" was played  more, too.

Edited by Robbk
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!