• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 691

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yet another sporting great that grew up watching leaves us Alan Minter RIP  

Always enjoyed watching his bouts and also outside the ring And in retirement he was interesting to listen to , seemed a genuine bloke .

To right seen herol Graham in an exhibition in my local workin men's club tied his hands behind his back any body cud get in the ring with him no body could put a glove on him 👌

Posted
1 hour ago, Mike said:

yet another sporting great that grew up watching leaves us

Alan Minter RIP

Always enjoyed watching his bouts and also outside the ring And in retirement he was interesting to listen to , seemed a genuine bloke .

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I remember his fights well. It was a golden period for British boxing when we had a lot of very good boxers across nearly all the weights.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Don't know how true it is but I once heard that while Minter was training for the Hagler fight the camp needed another sparring partner, they were sent a kid from Sheffield, 

In no time they sent him back asking for a fighter that Minter could actually hit lol, they'd sent Herol Graham 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Surprised no one has mentioned that the night he lost in three rounds to Hagler , the Minter supporters rioted. They were a disgrace.

Minter and his camp used  a race element to try to get under Marvelous Marv's skin before the fight. It didn't work and Minter was destroyed by a very riled Hagler. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

From a pure boxing point of view ,  you can't beat a brick wall by smashing it down especially if you cut so easy ..

Sugar Ray  beat Hagler easy

IMO

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
17 hours ago, Firecrest said:

Surprised no one has mentioned that the night he lost in three rounds to Hagler , the Minter supporters rioted. They were a disgrace.

Minter and his camp used  a race element to try to get under Marvelous Marv's skin before the fight. It didn't work and Minter was destroyed by a very riled Hagler. 

Why are you surprised! He didn't riot he boxed, show some respect. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 hours ago, Pete Eccles said:

Don't know how true it is but I once heard that while Minter was training for the Hagler fight the camp needed another sparring partner, they were sent a kid from Sheffield, 

In no time they sent him back asking for a fighter that Minter could actually hit lol, they'd sent Herol Graham 

To right seen herol Graham in an exhibition in my local workin men's club tied his hands behind his back any body cud get in the ring with him no body could put a glove on him 👌

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 12/09/2020 at 09:32, Simon M said:

From a pure boxing point of view ,  you can't beat a brick wall by smashing it down especially if you cut so easy ..

IMO

nah hagler woz robbed that night think that's why he never boxed agen sugar ray just put powder punches on him 👌

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 hours ago, James Naughton said:
On 12/09/2020 at 09:32, Simon M said:

IMO

Boxed him out of the ring , an art

nah hagler woz robbed that night think that's why he never boxed agen sugar ray just put powder punches on him 👌

Expand  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I had a few mates who went over to Vegas when he won the world title, what a trip that would have been. Poor old Minter, I never heard he was poorly.

Ken Buchanan is poorly as well.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
    • 1 / 259
    • Flanny on 28 Dec 2012