DEALERS

Mak

Interesting any potential buyer can ask what there want imho ! Never heard dealers telling me to modify prices if that was the case I know what the answer would be , a very firm F - Off ! 
Is this just soul source, I’ve sold literally thousands of records via Facebook over the last 5 years and had not one bad word and only a few returns all done amicably with record returned then refund ! 

Social source share

1 minute ago, Mike said:

means scratch my post

I read ya profile wrong 👍

No probs Mike I do try and get the feedback in it’s a valuable tool if used properly however I like the buyer to comment first as just like discussed above you never know what’s coming your way sometimes , regardless of how smooth the deal was ? 

Social source share

As a buyer I have to say I've yet to have a bad experience with any of the dealers I have bought from on Soul Source. All have delivered what they promised. I have only had one dealer not respond to a message (his prerogative as I offered him a trade he obviously didn't fancy, though a reply would have been nice). As for prices, you either buy it, make an offer, or don't buy it.

To my shame I probably should leave feedback but didnt even know you could until a seller asked me to a few weeks ago & told me how to do it. 

Social source share

I've just had a bad experience with a record dealer using his site. Not naming him but big name on the scene and promoter in the 80s.  Anyway I occasionally have problems with my email address so I messaged him to ask if I could pay directly over the phone he said yes and asked what record it was (it's £35 on his site and still there) so i told him what it was guess what no reply I take it he wasn't making enough money for him to sort it out and process it the old way. Won't even look at his lists anymore.  Not my fault my money isn't good enough 

Edited by Greedy Mick
Social source share

I agree with the original poster you should ask for more information & any decent dealers will inform you. 

Tend to ignore lists where the seller vaguely states everything is at least vg+ or ex. If you want me to spend hundreds of pounds the least you can do is give an overall grading it doesn't take long. 

Edited by John Siret
Double post
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Definitely an interesting thread. I think you need to make a distinction between major dealers with a high online presence offering weekly or monthly auction items or lists, intermediate dealers with a lower turnover and a web-site profile, minor dealers who are mainly eBay sellers and collector-dealers who sell on an amateur level.

All types of dealers should be aware of their obligations to offer a high level of customer service, the sort of service they expect themselves when buying anything, not just records. The fact that some sellers do not maintain high standards is down to their limitations as people - not everyone is intelligent, perceptive, pleasant or helpful. Fortunately, most people I buy records from are decent, reliable, honest and hard-working souls. The world of record wheeling and dealing is full of quirky characters so it is necessary to make allowances for their personal idiosyncrasies.

Recently, I wrote a long email to a car rental company informing them the Renault Kadjar automatic that I had hired from them was not roadworthy because it would not start on hills as it stalled and rolled backwards. I received no acknowledgement from the area manager or branch manager when a word of thanks or even an apology should have been act of company policy.

Best advice is get to know the dealers, buy from the best and by-pass the rest.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!