Rarer Issues & Demo's

Ady Potts

Re Adorables.

I was just going to ask that. Think I've only seen yellow copies. Mine is yellow with "demonstration copy" sticker so Im thinking NOT or really rare.

ROD

Hi

I haven't seen a White DEMO of The Adorables.

OR a White DEMO of this which has "Demonstration Copy" Sticker on the other side.

Golden_World_27b.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 551
  • Views 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

While were on the subject of Golden World has any body got a scan of, Dickie And The Ebb Tides - One Boy, One Girl / I've Got A Shadow Never seen a copy in any format on Golden World, a sound file would be nice cos I havent heard it neither,

Only seen this off popspike Sorry crap photo look onhttps://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4756334569 link if intrested

post-664-1169461609.jpg

Edited by miff
Social source share

Well that's #'s 25 and 27. Is there a demo of 26 "Eenie meenie..." Debonaires I wonder.

Roger, with a rough calculation in my head I've worked out you have 15,000 45s but only 12 different songs cos you've got them on every conceivable variation!!!

You were doing really well and then you put up that "Shing-a-ling" on regular. Every collector knows that the yellow demos are much better looking.

I have Artistics "Hope we have" on yellow demo which took me ages to find as in my experience most of the "Im gonna miss you" demos have Barbara Acklin on other side.

Tony P. has sent me instructions how to upload pictures onto site. Unfortunately he omitted the bit about getting pics onto computer in the first place. Im awaiting further instructions. Fence has partly blown down. Can anyone give me an inkling of what a "hammer" is, although the term "nails" does ring a bell.

I think I took that "new man" stuff too seriously and need now to get out of touch with my feminine side so I can talk "cylinder head gaskets" with the best of them.

Right now the scatter cushions need plumping so Im off.

ROD

Social source share

Both fakes I'm afraid but it just proves how easy they are to do - I made those starting from a blank page, using MS Publisher - on the 'Frankford Wayne' one the type face is almost identical, the Bell Sound was harder to do, but the number of people who've admired the Monique acetate is quite considerable.

Social source share

Both fakes I'm afraid but it just proves how easy they are to do - I made those starting from a blank page, using MS Publisher - on the 'Frankford Wayne' one the type face is almost identical, the Bell Sound was harder to do, but the number of people who've admired the Monique acetate is quite considerable.

OK... :thumbsup:

Are you implying that my scan of the Gwenn Douglass acetate is a fake?

Social source share

a little off topic as this is a acetate but thought it would still be of interest as it as the old town label details and a recording date 'Freddie Houston - If I Had Known'

Interesting you've posted this Tony, as it throws up a few anoraky questions.

Is it known how many 'takes' of this were done? I'm reading between the lines looking at your scan, and I'm assuming TK 3 is 'take' 3.

I know Brett Franklin has a BSA of the same track. I'll try and get hold of him and see how the dates & take number correlate.

Would be interesting to hear them back to back...

I'm getting sadder in my old age laugh.gif

Jamie :thumbsup:

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Well that's #'s 25 and 27. Is there a demo of 26 "Eenie meenie..." Debonaires I wonder.

Roger, with a rough calculation in my head I've worked out you have 15,000 45s but only 12 different songs cos you've got them on every conceivable variation!!!

You were doing really well and then you put up that "Shing-a-ling" on regular. Every collector knows that the yellow demos are much better looking.

I have Artistics "Hope we have" on yellow demo which took me ages to find as in my experience most of the "Im gonna miss you" demos have Barbara Acklin on other side.

Tony P. has sent me instructions how to upload pictures onto site. Unfortunately he omitted the bit about getting pics onto computer in the first place. Im awaiting further instructions. Fence has partly blown down. Can anyone give me an inkling of what a "hammer" is, although the term "nails" does ring a bell.

I think I took that "new man" stuff too seriously and need now to get out of touch with my feminine side so I can talk "cylinder head gaskets" with the best of them.

Right now the scatter cushions need plumping so Im off.

ROD

Hi Rod

I know what you mean about the Yellow DEMO but I couldn't get one for Shing-a-Ling"

I had similar trouble with "Love Makes A Woman", every copy I came accross had "Sweetest Feeling" On the other side.

I found one eventually.

I did try to get everything DEMO & Stock in the 70's until I realised that I had to eat. biggrin.gif

Spent almost all of my wages at the time. :thumbsup:

Anyway, heres the Brunswick Yellow DEMO of Babrara Acklin. It might not be rare but it took me ages.

Brunswick_55379a_DJ.jpgBrunswick_9-78028a_DJ.jpg

P.S. Yes there is

Golden_World_GW-26a_DJ.jpgGolden_World_GW-26a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Bit of related info required. Was Jimmey Soul Clarke I'll be your Winner on a white promo ?

I've a red label which I've never taken much notice of & assumed was an issue :thumbsup: but a couple of years ago noticed that on A Girls World, Promotion copy is printed but not on "Winner" side ?

Is this rare or common..ish

Thanks

Dave

Social source share

Well Roger, there goes my theory that maybe there was a small run where GW didn't put out dj copies.

I have a YDJ of Cooperettes. I think it's pretty common.

ROD

Hi Rod

I have only just bought these two, I don't thnk that they are rare,

but as I was curious about the GW-25 & GW-27 I couldn't resist them.

As with the Ric-Tic Label, certain numbers appear to be without a DEMO. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Bit of related info required. Was Jimmey Soul Clarke I'll be your Winner on a white promo ?

I've a red label which I've never taken much notice of & assumed was an issue :thumbsup: but a couple of years ago noticed that on A Girls World, Promotion copy is printed but not on "Winner" side ?

Is this rare or common..ish

Thanks

Dave

Yes it is, I sold mine a couple of years ago. Sorry no scan available.

Phil.

Social source share

not the hardest on the label by a mile ,all the volcano's stuff is pretty common(exept rules of love of course)

Not true. Have you ever TRIED finding a copy of "Your Number 1". An original copy that is, not the 70s styrene reissue. I have in the past easily sold "Your Number 1" for £100 and that's cheap in my opinion. I know people who have sold it for £150+. It's very hard to find, and superb as well. :thumbsup: There has only been one copy (demo) on eBay during the last year. The year before that, there was also only one copy (demo).

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Not true. Have you ever TRIED finding a copy of "Your Number 1". An original copy that is, not the 70s styrene reissue. I have in the past easily sold "Your Number 1" for £100 and that's cheap in my opinion. I know people who have sold it for £150+. It's very hard to find, and superb as well. :D There has only been one copy (demo) on eBay during the last year. The year before that, there was also only one copy (demo).

I don't know if I'm thinking of another Volcanos but I swear I bought a demo of this off Ian Clark in December, off ebay...I'll check.

Um, it was A Ladies Man...

Social source share

Miff,what's on other side of "Higher and Higher" DJ.

There was an old thread about this too and whether "Im the one to do it" came out on other side of any promo variation.

ROD

Highet & Higher, remember the thread your on about, sent me rushing off to check mine at the time. I think the conclusion was it never got a demo release

Social source share

Interesting you've posted this Tony, as it throws up a few anoraky questions.

Is it known how many 'takes' of this were done? I'm reading between the lines looking at your scan, and I'm assuming TK 3 is 'take' 3.

I know Brett Franklin has a BSA of the same track. I'll try and get hold of him and see how the dates & take number correlate.

Would be interesting to hear them back to back...

I'm getting sadder in my old age :thumbsup:

Jamie thumbsup.gif

jamie i dont think the acetate i have is the final take as freddies vocal is more in the background and not as powerfull as in the old town release looks like they were having problems with other side as its take 8 my other half thinks im a sad old git , think she as a point :shades:

Edited by beachcomber
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!