Corona Virus uk lockdowns

Posted

this appears to be quite a definite report

any uk members up in the north east up for passing on a view from the floor?

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 577

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolute shitshow from the government. I don't believe for one second the shortage of tests is down to people who don't have symptoms going to have one (unless of course they've been asked to). There'

About 6 weeks ago in my home town they were telling everyone to get tested at a town centre site with or without symptoms.  Now that the system cannot keep pace they blame people for wanting test

Here is the local view from County Durham . Firstly local councillors are rumoured to clubbing their IQ together so it adds up 12.  In the real world even though our rate is 37.7 ie County Durham

Posted

Shops in Newcastle have had visits from teams consisting of Police Officers and Council workers. They’ve been asking about a Covid risk assessments, checking signage and querying whether non-compliance by customers is being challenged. 

Scarborough is smaller and more isolated, but given that cases are said to be rising, I’ve updated the risk assessment we completed on coming out of lockdown to be on the safe side.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Once again this pathetic generation is fcuking things up.  Demand outstrips supply as the meme,s want covid tests even though they Don't have symptoms,  are people stupid.  Everyone is telling you not to book a test unless you have symptoms.  100 people even turned up at Bolton hospital demanding a test because they couldn't get through on the website.  Wankers.  No wonder the country is broken 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Once again this pathetic generation is fcuking things up.  Demand outstrips supply as the meme,s want covid tests even though they Don't have symptoms,  are people stupid.  Everyone is telling you not to book a test unless you have symptoms.  100 people even turned up at Bolton hospital demanding a test because they couldn't get through on the website.  Wankers.  No wonder the country is broken 

bit of a harsh post Steve and have to say comes over as an angry old man type rant 

idea is to discuss stuff not just call everyone else wankers

what generation are you slating?

I read somewhere yesterday  its 40 -50 year olds getting admitted to hospital in that area

that who you're on about?

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Trouble is this country is full of very selfish people whom think that these restrictions doesn't mean them and  unfortunately until the government get a grip and basically force everyone to comply. Then I'm afraid they will continue to flaunt the rules to their own needs, and normal will take even longer to return. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
36 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

It's only a couple of weeks since the government were telling us all that absolutely EVERYONE should be tested - symptoms or not - now they are blaming us for doing as they instructed!

PS - I didn't follow their instructions...........didn't see the point if I wasn't showing symptoms.......

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I heard first hand from two teacher pals of mine yesterday. One of their own kids started with a cough and temperature. Both of the teachers were advised to isolate and get tested. They live in York. The closest test they were offered was in Blackburn.

Being responsible types they set off to Blackburn - and ended up driving past the testing centre in York, which was deserted...

After showing the people at the York centre that they had been sent a code to get tested, they were allowed to have the tests done in York. They didn't see anyone else arrive or leave while they were there.

Personally, I feel it's too easy for the government to blame the public for its own failures...

• Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 17/09/2020 at 13:22, Mike said:

bit of a harsh post Steve and have to say comes over as an angry old man type rant 

idea is to discuss stuff not just call everyone else wankers

what generation are you slating?

I read somewhere yesterday  its 40 -50 year olds getting admitted to hospital in that area

that who you're on about?

Sorry Mike for the swearing just doing my head in .Just pointless people wanting tests when there is  nothing wrong with them. . Meaning the people who are ill can't get through . Not heard anything about 40 to 50 year olds getting admitted in hospital around here. Not grumpy at all infact I'm far more tolerant and chilled than ever. 

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

About 6 weeks ago in my home town they were telling everyone to get tested at a town centre site with or without symptoms. 

Now that the system cannot keep pace they blame people for wanting tests , the real wan**rs are this government in my opinion sending out mixed messages daily.

• Up vote 7
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Absolute shitshow from the government. I don't believe for one second the shortage of tests is down to people who don't have symptoms going to have one (unless of course they've been asked to). There's only one direction for the blame to be pointed and it isn't the public. 

Edited by Jumpinjoan
  • Up vote 9
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Here is the local view from County Durham . Firstly local councillors are rumoured to clubbing their IQ together so it adds up 12. 

In the real world even though our rate is 37.7 ie County Durham we are part of the lockdown ? 
No matter where you stand politically this local inertia has been again pushed upon local people because a few power mad councillors deem it necessary? 
No consideration to the health and welfare of the local economy or family’s like mine  who need to visit elderly parents etc ? 
It’s  a shambles of cataclysmic proportions particularly for vulnerable groups , local business particularly small business the elderly and those with special mental health needs . 
In the meantime schools colleges etc have multiple bubbles all mixing etc quite freely ? 
ps the Night Time Economy in Newcastle alone is worth 340 million and that is just one of the areas ! 
Surely before people say this is for the better think of the jobs and livelihoods been lost and then compare that to the rising rate , it does not figure ? 

Edited by Baz Atkinson
  • Up vote 6
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Swinton Palais All-nighter Corona Virus Date Change