• Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soulboy42

Hi,

Will put some flyers out at Bournemouth Uni event starting on 17th Feb where am resident dj.Pm me and will send my address.

Dave.

hi dave sorry i have not got back to you sooner been waiting for the flyers,they have been posted

to you today so if you could hand a few out on 17th feb that would be great,hopefully if we can get

the iow soul club established maybe you could come over and dj for us.

cheers steve

Guest soulboy42

we will be giving this night a massive plug at lightwater 5th anniversary on the 3rd march

awaiting flyers

moldie

hi moldie hopefully the flyers should reach you today,thanks for letting people know

about us we have been very impressed with the level of support from you lads over there

on the mainland,hopefully we can turn this into a great club. :thumbsup:

Guest soulboy42

thumbsup.gif Greetings Soulboy, Alfie and all soul fans out there. C D covers are almost done should be ready end of next week latest. The playlist will be going up shortly. Have a great weekend Steve, see you Monday. Spoke to Alfie tonight, everything is coming together. Thanks to everyone out there for your support.

Col :thumbsup:

hi col any news on the cd's and the flyers yet?

Guest soulboy42

flyers arrived todat steve

ill put some out this weekend and every one till your event

regards moldie

cheers mate if you chat to anyone who's going to come over from the mainland can you tell them to arrive

as early as poss due to limited numbers,i wouldn't want any to travel over and not get in.alfie said when we

all meet up he's supplying genuine iow talcum powder and the beer. :thumbsup:

cheers mate if you chat to anyone who's going to come over from the mainland can you tell them to arrive

as early as poss due to limited numbers,i wouldn't want any to travel over and not get in.alfie said when we

all meet up he's supplying genuine iow talcum powder and the beer. :thumbsup:

the talc tubs are all done and printed up but haveing problems trying to get 6 bars of soap into the wrapper :shades:

i,o,w soul club keeping the faith with talc!!!

Guest greenlady

hi colin,the track we were discussing earlier, i have just found it on gemm,it is going for $222

just wondered if you could stretch to that,how flexible is your friend? do you still want to know

who it's by? let us know

Guest soulboy42

hi col and alfie great news about the extra floor space if needed,this opens up many options for the future

don't forget to get your t-shirts ordered :huh:

the flyers for hipshaker are being sorted out this week so keep in touch

Great news 00soul that you've got a slot at the hipshaker on 7th April!

If you need some more flyers i've got some!

Talk soon

hi greenlady and to all you other soulies out there :huh:

big thanx to the hipshaker for invite to play some tunes,will dig out some 6ts stompers

and some RnB :thumbsup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :unsure:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB IT'S WHATS IN THE GROVE THAT COUNTS

Guest soulboy42

hi greenlady and to all you other soulies out there :shades:

big thanx to the hipshaker for invite to play some tunes,will dig out some 6ts stompers

and some RnB whistling.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :(

I,O,W SOUL CLUB IT'S WHATS IN THE GROVE THAT COUNTS

congratulations oosoul on your invite to play at the hipshaker looking forward to it already,if we keep trying we might just wake up the soul scene on the isle of wight

Guest SteveSnow

I'll definitely be making the big journey south..........all the way from Cowes whistling.gif

If you want me to take some flyers over to Soul Shoes this weekend, let me know - I'm sure Gary & Annie won't mind plugging a do that clashes with their's!

It's a nice boozer the Castle - and the last pub I drank in as a free man.....all those years ago :shades:

ktf - Steve

Guest soulboy42

I'll definitely be making the big journey south..........all the way from Cowes whistling.gif

If you want me to take some flyers over to Soul Shoes this weekend, let me know - I'm sure Gary & Annie won't mind plugging a do that clashes with their's!

It's a nice boozer the Castle - and the last pub I drank in as a free man.....all those years ago :thumbsup:

ktf - Steve

hi steve nice of you to offer, if you can send me a pm with your contact details i will bring some flyers

over to you one evening this week :shades:

cheers steve

now .................... that sounds right up our street!!

you wont go far wrong with alfie at your event

young..enthusiastic..well up for it too

i taught him everything he knows wicked.gif

you wont go far wrong with alfie at your event

young..enthusiastic..well up for it too

i taught him everything he knows :thumbsup:

you say the nicest things :yes:

got those slip mats you wanted shall i bring them to our next lesson?

also that book titled, how to be a good northern soul dj :no:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB STILL KEEPING THE FAITH

I'll definitely be making the big journey south..........all the way from Cowes :thumbsup:

It's a nice boozer the Castle - and the last pub I drank in as a free man.....all those years ago :yes:

ktf - Steve

hi steve thanx for your support looks like its gonna be a good night :no:

had a lot of good feed back look forward to seeing you at the due.

I,O,W SOUL CLUB KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Guest soulboy42

The Isle Of Wight Soul Club proudly presents it's debut soul night!

The Castle Inn Carisbrooke Rd, Newport

7:30 - 1AM

Saturday 10th March

DJs include Alfie and Jimmy Drake

Playing top Northern and Motown sounds

The Isle of Wight Soul club is a new venture! Started by some soul fans looking for some regular Northern nights on the IOW. Anyone who is interested in helping or joining the club please let us know! We welcome any ideas about future events etc! We would like to make this a regular event at the Castle Inn (pos every 6-8 weeks) as well as other venues on the island.

Your support would be most welcome! See you there! Keep the faith

hi alfie thanks for the pm earlier good idea i will speak to colin cheers mate

you say the nicest things :thumbsup:

got those slip mats you wanted shall i bring them to our next lesson?

also that book titled, how to be a good northern soul dj :shhh:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB STILL KEEPING THE FAITH

keep up the good work alfie and i might let you turn the decks on

it is your 50th lesson after all :thumbsup:

keep up the good work alfie and i might let you turn the decks on

it is your 50th lesson after all :thumbsup:

50th lesson, thats just makeing the tea inbetween picking up all the accitates that keep flying off your dogdy decks :shhh:

how you getting on reading that book, :thumbsup: also on my 50th lesson would it be possible to play some real vinly rather than those accitates (tin tin)

I,O,W SOUL CLUB KEEPING THE FAITH WITH MOLDIE!!

ive had a few calls regarding this event

any idea of a few places to stay over night?

cheapo b&b would be ideal

can you post them on here plz

also had a call from a prospective soulie asking if alfie would be using original vinyl

i told he would as long as he didnt mind hearing THE SNAKE 15 times wicked.gif ...only joking m8

ive had the pleasure of hearing alfie dj a few times and even had him dj at lightwater last year

Guest soulboy42

Saturday 10th March

hi colin have you any suggestions about any nice b&b's for moldie,it's more your neck of the woods mate,have posted flyers to steve from cowes [he's taking them to toddy's for us ]

Guest greenlady

is that diana ross or candy floss?

they look great by the way

Hey the last time i saw alfie dressed up Diana Ross stylie, he was wearing green!

only kidding Harry F-ing Potter!!

hello all .

thought i would pop in and say hello :rolleyes:

hope all goes well on your first do sorry will not be able to make it

hi steve

hows things...about time you joined

any news on iow niter in october?

moldie

Hey the last time i saw alfie dressed up Diana Ross stylie, he was wearing green!

only kidding Harry F-ing Potter!!

hes more a mixture of diana ross and jonathon ross

looks feminine and cant speak properly

Guest greenlady

hello all .

thought i would pop in and say hello :rolleyes:

hope all goes well on your first do sorry will not be able to make

hi mr.chilly, long time no see, hope alls well with you and yours!

sorry you cant make first do, will catch up in due course.

hi to ton and rich

will be at toddys at week end with red cards ready :rolleyes:

will let you no about allnighter then

and hello green lady hope to be seeing you and steve next week end

Guest greenlady

Saturday 10th March

latest news-update ticket only event

due to the huge amount of interest,we have decided that to avoid any dissapointment, especially anyone that may be travelling over from the mainland, to make our debut night a ticket only event,it is not a huge venue and we would hate to have to turn people away,we are now in the process of getting the tickets printed.

anyone interested in getting tickets please pm or text me for details.{tel no:07891423762}

we would like to make this a regular event and everybody is more than welcome to join us.

really looking forward to it, see you all there.

got that thong you ordered did you want the logo on the front or along the thin strap :rolleyes:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB KEEPING THE FAITH WITH TALC!!!

i always knew you talked with a lisp

i said song not thong

dont forget to bring some tunes to your dj lesson this week...i want you to hear just how bad you are whistling.gif

well they are original!! whistling.gif

did you get those 200 copies of footsie for your anniversary do???

no i got snyped at the last minute

as our 5th anniversary is being sponsored by wellington this year i wonder if i could have all your boots instead :rolleyes:

Guest SteveSnow

Saturday 10th March

DJs include Alfie and Jimmy Drake

Playing top Northern and Motown sounds

The Isle of Wight Soul club is a new venture! Started by some soul fans looking for some regular Northern nights on the IOW. Anyone who is interested in helping or joining the club please let us know! We welcome any ideas about future events etc! We would like to make this a regular event at the Castle Inn (pos every 6-8 weeks) as well as other venues on the island.

Your support would be most welcome! See you there! Keep the faith :thumbsup:

There were lots of good mutterings at Soul Shoes on saturday about the IOW Soul Club.......really looking forward to this now! :thumbsup:

There were lots of good mutterings at Soul Shoes on saturday about the IOW Soul Club.......really looking forward to this now! :shades:

sorry to say i couldnt make soul shoes at the week end but i,ve heared it was a blinder of a night :shhh:

look forward to meeting you steve at the i,o,w soul clubs do on the the 10th of march...

do you know if any of the djs are putting there play list on the forum??? whistling.gif