Online DJs

Stevie

A fair bit of this going on at the moment and seen reference made to it in one or two posts in other threads.

Watched one or two "DJ's" and must admit to wondering whether they've ever ventured out into the real world to see how it's properly done, but in fairness they have been in the minority. Also, nobody in their 50's 60's should be inflicting 'Dad dancing' on their audience..

On the upside, I have really enjoyed those who have taken the opportunity to mix tempos and play some good quality slower tunes which would never get played at the sort of nights I enjoy, and being surprised by people I've known for years displaying a breadth to their collections that I never knew existed. I guess we've all got them, just never had a chance to play them..

PS I am aware of chill out sessions but have never been to one 😁

• Up vote 3
Social source share

It’s been part education part excruciating imho . Heard sone fabulous sets from well respected people but there’s something very boring about the whole malarkey , mainly lack of social contact real contact not online contact . 
I don’t like looking at the same face for over 5 minutes and unless Magot Robbie or Jennifer Lawrence get into playing Rare soul online do not intend to again . I prefer to listen later on Mixcloud if possible . Good topic to discuss ! 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Girdwoodinc said:

To be honest there's no excuse for piss poor sound on a livestream, it's cheap and easy to hook up a mixer to your laptop or phone for optimum sound quality. Plus people should be at least testing their output before the go live just like they would in a "normal" club setting. 

It sounds like the DJ's or whoever have decided to use the same / similar equipment on the net as some of the events I used to go to......most of them were poor, which is why I stopped going. Pathetic

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I’ve not really watched much, 60’s rhythm and soul, Steve green, and stand out for me David Ripolles, great tunes great delivery , I appreciate the scene is in a lockdown , and there are some very good djs out there, who want to share the love, but I don’t want friends invites on Facebook just to promote their own night, that gets an instant , remove, from me , I’ll make my own mind up ta

woody

• Up vote 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, Tricky said:

Dont need to watch people in their kitchen!!!

Ideal opportunity to play underplayed tunes and Keith did.

Loads of underplayed Soul out there.

Hearing people with good taste playing stuff they wouldn't normally play is what's clinched it for me. Not seen many kitchens thank goodness.. more like opulence itself - entire rooms given over to decks, mixers, records, posters etc. Would leave me looking like the poor relation if I did it 😁

Edited by Stevie
Social source share

19 hours ago, Tricky said:

I prefer normally to listen to sets on  Mixcloud.Facebook is W@#£.

Dont need to watch people in their kitchen!!!

Really enjoyed Shoebox Soul (Keith Whitson) live though at the weekend.

Ideal opportunity to play underplayed tunes and Keith did.

If I wasn’t technophobial I would do Shelves of Soul featuring boxes and crates.😅😂🤣

Loads of underplayed Soul out there.

trevvvv Cliffy spot has been fantastic!! 100 club another league with Ady unreleased music !! 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!