Rudy Clark, R.I.P.

Weingarden

Sadly, he died earlier this month in Tampa, Florida. There is no announcement anywhere online, as far as I can see. I was informed by a relative of his and have been trying to get a newspaper to do a proper obituary, as befits the writer of such classic songs as Good Lovin', The Shoop Shoop Song, Everybody Plays the Fool, etc., etc.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

RIP Rudy.  If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody is one of my Favs, recorded originally by James Ray them by a plethora of artists, including Maxine Brown, & Aretha .  It was played live by the Beatles in their early days then Freddie & The Dreamers recorded it and hit the UK charts.

Social source share

Sad news-a  very talented songwriter. 

Also in the last few days we've lost Tommy De Vito,baritone& lead guitarist of The Four Seasons aged 92 -although he left the group in 1971,just before 'The Night', he sang/ played on all of their other Northern classics-'Beggin'',  I'm Gonna Change' , 'Can't Get Enough Of You Baby' etc,as well as their Pop gems and some great,underrated Doo-Wop in the late 50's in the pre-Four Seasons group, The Four Lovers.

-and we've lost Roy Head,Texas blue-eyed Soul/R&B man of 'Treat Her Right' fame; don't recall any of his 45's being played on the scene,though they may have been in the Twisted Wheel era.He made some good records and had a great stage act,being an excellent,eccentric (he was double-jointed) dancer-check him out on You Tube! He also cut some great R n' R/Rockabilly with his band The Traits in the late 50's.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!