EMIdisc madness

Davenpete

2 hours ago, Davenpete said:

Bids starting at £2k for a manky condition EMI disc of Chapter Five on eBay????

Someone obviously doesn't understand the difference between a proper Studio Acetate and a poxy carver you could get cut for a tenner from any old C90!

Madness!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chapter-Five-You-Cant-Mean-It-Northern-Soul-CBS-Acetate-Totally-Unique/254726706761?hash=item3b4ee51649:g:vUsAAOSw1xtfKZdq

Loads of it going on, wish I still had mine from the 70s I'd be minted....I hear the ones with Tony Warot's handwriting fetch a premium 😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MALIBUS-REGGIE-GARNER-Gee-Baby-I-Love-You-Hot-Line-Rare-DJ-Acetate-Soul/264597100150?hash=item3d9b375676:g:WrUAAOSwiGReG8OS

Edited by Merve
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Don’t want to urinate on anyone’s chips but to me the handwriting for the title You Can’t Mean It looks very much like on this genuine unreleased acetate of Tony Colton I sold last year via John Manship 😮

The other writing of course doesn’t.

Edited by Richard
Social source share

47 minutes ago, Richard said:

Don’t want to urinate on anyone’s chips but to me the handwriting for the title You Can’t Mean It looks very much like on this genuine unreleased acetate of Tony Colton I sold last year via John Manship 😮

A quick examination shows distinct and obvious differences between the hands that wrote the titles on the discs , most notably in the formation of the letters  "N" and "Y" . Any decent graphologist would have it thrown out of court ... :shades:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Modularman said:

They did.

The seller is a davidm3091 and the organist in the band was a Dave McGerty.

Coincidence?

Looking at the sellers feedback at .. . .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/davidm3091?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

. . .  and then scrolling down to the end, you will find this . . .

" EXCELLENT TRANSACTION - SUPERB ITEM - WELL DONE CHAPTER FIVE - KEEP THE FAITH

d***d (3257)

More than a year ago "

Probably not a coincidence.

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

A quick examination shows distinct and obvious differences between the hands that wrote the titles on the discs , most notably in the formation of the letters  "N" and "Y" . Any decent graphologist would have it thrown out of court ... :shades:

Yeah I’m not a handwriting expert 🤣

But it looks like a proper one rather than a carver 👍

Edited by Richard
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Richard said:

I had an EMIdisc of the Sweet Talkin Guy instrumental from Wigan with ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL writing to this that was 100% dodgy so you can't extrapolate ANYTHING from that comment. Dx

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Davenpete said:

I had an EMIdisc of the Sweet Talkin Guy instrumental from Wigan with ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL writing to this that was 100% dodgy so you can't extrapolate ANYTHING from that comment. Dx

I was pointing out it “could” be genuine as were used for genuine test presses 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!