LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

Posted

It seems that no one is able to put a run together and make a clean break . Draw - draw - draw . 

Rodgers did similar things at Liverpool - just one sandwich short of a picnic sometimes . 

No Man City - Everton - Is COVID going to rear it’s ugly head again and shut things down ? 

Hope not ... 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 992
  • Views 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full Time Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool We did well to carve out this historic win, it took a Liverpool goal to shake us up and when Perez, Choudhury and Mendy came on it was like a shot of "RED

Never like to see a poor performance but I think it's been coming. Justin, Maddison, Forfana, Praet all out injured. Barnes, Castagne, Pereira rested and Vardy running on fumes. Schmeichel, Soyun

To be honest - I wouldn’t want any of the so called top 6 to be relegated ... errrrr , well maybe one , but not Arsenal.  But no club has a right to be in the Prem, you must earn it and the weeke

Posted Images

Posted

If you are going to make loads of changes, at least make sure you have a penalty taker 🤷‍♂️ Poor pen from Ian. Should have won today, but got out of jail in the end.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bourne Fox said:

If you are going to make loads of changes, at least make sure you have a penalty taker 🤷‍♂️ Poor pen from Ian. Should have won today, but got out of jail in the end.

Rodgers could have played his best players and got the desired result, but at what cost?

Look's like Castagne - Soyuncu - Ndidi - Albrighton - Fofana - Maddison - Ricardo were all rested for next Sunday's game away at Newcastle.

Frustrating, but we have moved up to 2nd in the league.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 17 - Sun 3 Jan

NEWCASTLE.jpg.6b6cbf96f1d73107e789bcdd64eb6b21.jpg     495487484_LCFC96.png.17f9e970fe2395484115f70bf93e660a.png

Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Leicester City

Kick Off 14:15

Line Up
Schmeichel
Justin
Fofana
Evans
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Albrighton
Maddison
Barnes
Vardy

Substitutes
Söyüncü
Ward
Iheanacho
Pérez
Amartey
Ünder
Mendy
Praet
Thomas

This time last year it was a packed St James Park that witnessed a 3-0 away win for the Foxes.

Not so easy this year - i make this a 2-1 win for City.

433964916_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.81468418dcbc7f0b44b6bf63b4c34fae.png742278899_BARMAID300.jpg.2774aa0ba40568fd7e2a6268fa976e13.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
37 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Match Day 17 - Sun 3 Jan

NEWCASTLE.jpg.6b6cbf96f1d73107e789bcdd64eb6b21.jpg     495487484_LCFC96.png.17f9e970fe2395484115f70bf93e660a.png

Newcastle Utd V Leicester City

Kick Off 14:15

This time last year it was a packed St James Park that witnessed a 3-0 away win for the Foxes.

Not so easy this year - i make this a 2-1 win for City.

Would take that.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Should get a win if we start positive. Newcastle do seem to lack fire power but were pretty resilient if a little lucky against Liverpool. I'll take rudzys result but if as I said attack minded, we could get a few, cheers

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
42 minutes ago, Pga1 said:

Should get a win if we start positive. Newcastle do seem to lack fire power but were pretty resilient if a little lucky against Liverpool. I'll take rudzys result but if as I said attack minded, we could get a few, cheers

Pete, I would luv it if the goals flew in left right and centre - but you never know these days. 👍

Suppose we have to be grateful for a game today with all the Covid stuff.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Gotta be looking at 3 points today. Like Mr Ankers said you need to start positive. You always look 100% better when you play at a quick tempo. We shall see!!!!....Rob

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Gotta be looking at 3 points today. Like Mr Ankers said you need to start positive. You always look 100% better when you play at a quick tempo. We shall see!!!!....Rob

Absolutely - and Brendan has almost got his TOP team in the starting eleven.

👍

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Newcastle 0 - 0 Leicester

DISALLOWED.jpg.ae9e7773d9548aec519387218aad8bbd.jpg

Jamie Vardy scores but VAR say's offside - let's keep it going.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Pretty poor half, started fairly bright but faded, Newcastle just getting stuck in but not really trying to play. Always the fear of a breakaway/ set piece goal. So I shall fret and watch the second half while smoking a constant stream of cigs and wishing I was in the pub, cheers

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Full Time

Seek and you shall find the back of the net - Well done to Brendan and the Boys!

869050493_JOHNNYEVANS.jpg.dfe0f17b8d233f02e7519fb0fe7c3586.jpg

Johnny Evans delivering another top performance for the City.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Full Time

Seek and you shall find the back of the net - Well done to Brendan and the Boys!

869050493_JOHNNYEVANS.jpg.dfe0f17b8d233f02e7519fb0fe7c3586.jpg

Johnny Evans delivering another top performance for the City.

Utd paid 80 odd million for someone not as good as evans ....weird. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Utd paid 80 odd million for someone not as good as evans ....weird. 

We should get another good couple of years out of the lad (if used carefully).

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

We should get another good couple of years out of the lad (if used carefully).

Hes just signed a 3 year contract and used wisely with little wes and cags will be a huge plus for us.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Hes just signed a 3 year contract and used wisely with little wes and cags will be a huge plus for us.

Getting the right balance between the Young and Old at the club is crucial, it's working well at the moment.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's a long,long road to the Top.
Leicester moved back above Tottenham into third, although they have played a game more than Spurs, leaders Liverpool and second-placed Manchester United.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Rudzy said:

It's a long,long road to the Top.
Leicester moved back above Tottenham into third, although they have played a game more than Spurs, leaders Liverpool and second-placed Manchester United.

I still believe the title is a shootout between liverpool and man city.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

To early to call but Liverpool are top already and Man city are sneaking back up, hmmmmm, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yep, interesting. Since agreeing with you about Man city & Liverpool, maybe we jinxed em, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It’s one of those seasons - and anyone of 4-5-6 could eventually win it . 

We have just lost our mojo - and the only thing I don’t like and doesn’t do Klopp any justice , is him trying to deflect any criticism of the performance and players and focusing on penalties that weren’t given .

I love the man , and what he’s done , but that kind of thing was  “ Benitez “ moment  .. and doesn’t help . 

Its going to be a rollercoaster season - and one that’s going to go down to the wire I think . 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

We have just lost our mojo - and the only thing I don’t like and doesn’t do Klopp any justice , is him trying to deflect any criticism of the performance and players and focusing on penalties that weren’t given .

I love the man , and what he’s done , but that kind of thing was  “ Benitez “ moment  .. and doesn’t help . 

Its going to be a rollercoaster season - and one that’s going to go down to the wire I think . 

Pretty much what I put in an earlier post Steve, although you're possibly more eloquent!! To write Man City off a few weeks ago is laughable as it would be to do so with Liverpool. Everyone will have a drop in form, especially as no fans to cheer you on.....very interesting season....Thank you....Rob

P.s UP THE SPURS!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Stevegods said:

Really sad about klopp i regarded him as a breath of fresh air at the start but he seems to be morphing into a real bad loser which is a shame. Hes not alone with that but he seems to be getting worse. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

For every UP in life there will be a down, but let's not forget Liverpool and Man U are good at LULLING US into a false sense of security and then coming right back into it.

Salah to Real Madrid? - probably next season.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Really sad about klopp i regarded him as a breath of fresh air at the start but he seems to be morphing into a real bad loser which is a shame. Hes not alone with that but he seems to be getting worse. 

Doesn't take long to be come a victim. 🤔😂

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

So klopp goes on and on and on about having 5 subs , too many matches and player injuries and then plays a near full strength team against villa's kids......... go figure.!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

So klopp goes on and on and on about having 5 subs , too many matches and player injuries and then plays a near full strength team against villa's kids......... go figure.!

But look at it from the point of view of the Villa kids lining up against that team, stuff of dreams and at least one said as much in an interview.  I know when I was 17 I'd have loved to have played against a team like that.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
23 minutes ago, Chalky said:

But look at it from the point of view of the Villa kids lining up against that team, stuff of dreams and at least one said as much in an interview.  I know when I was 17 I'd have loved to have played against a team like that.

Yea agree the villa kids would have enjoyed it but it devalues his argument about subs and too many games and the strength of his team probably indicates he thinks the winning of the premier league is going to be very difficult so hes keeping the fa cup option open.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Yea agree the villa kids would have enjoyed it but it devalues his argument about subs and too many games and the strength of his team probably indicates he thinks the winning of the premier league is going to be very difficult so hes keeping the fa cup option open.

But in the days when we are quick to accuse managers of devaluing the Cup he cannot win can he.  He has always taken the cup seriously.  But the players have had a good rest this week between games and the busy period is to come when Champions league and rearranged games etc kick in, that is when you will need to rest and rotate.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 minutes ago, Chalky said:

But in the days when we are quick to accuse managers of devaluing the Cup he cannot win can he.  He has always taken the cup seriously.  But the players have had a good rest this week between games and the busy period is to come when Champions league and rearranged games etc kick in, that is when you will need to rest and rotate.

Well as someone whose greatest football wish now is to see Leicester win the fa cup i certainly hope we play a strong team today at stoke.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
25 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Well as someone whose greatest football wish now is to see Leicester win the fa cup i certainly hope we play a strong team today at stoke.

Higher than winning the premier again ?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I hope but doubt city will play a full strength team. I only ever wanted city to win the fa cup. I think I moaned rather a lot when we lost against Huddersfield a few seasons back but it didn't turn out bad in the end, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Isn’t he resting Vardy and Madison

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Higher than winning the premier again ?

My 50 years of following leicester were upto 5 years ago filled with a dream to win the f a cup. Winning the premier league i thought was impossible, now weve done it , i want the f a cup but the vast majority of Leicester fans would want a second premier league, older fans would love the f a cup younger under 40s would have the premier league.  I'm under no illusions the premier league is a much bigger prize its just my own personal dream.🤔

40 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Isn’t he resting Vardy and Madison

Both have slight niggles......but I'm certain both would be starting if it was a premier league game.😉

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I remember fa cup final day being on both bbc and itv with coverage and build up starting some time in the morning and it being on all day.

it was held in much higher regard than it is now.  To the next generation Premier league and champions league are the main draw.  So much money involved in both.

for some supporters just beating the local rivals can be the main high of the season and winning anything would be a fantasy.

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Dylan said:

I remember fa cup final day being on both bbc and itv with coverage and build up starting some time in the morning and it being on all day.

it was held in much higher regard than it is now.  To the next generation Premier league and champions league are the main draw.  So much money involved in both.

for some supporters just beating the local rivals can be the main high of the season and winning anything would be a fantasy.

Absolutely this, leicester fans regard ourselves as incredibly lucky and for many fans of other such size clubs it probably will never happen, we are nothing if not grounded, not so many years ago we were in div one.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
19 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Absolutely this, leicester fans regard ourselves as incredibly lucky and for many fans of other such size clubs it probably will never happen, we are nothing if not grounded, not so many years ago we were in div one.

I was there to see you get the trophy on a Friday night.  We needed points to secure a play off place.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I was there to see you get the trophy on a Friday night.  We needed points to secure a play off place.

Who's your team?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Leicester Boy said:

Who's your team?

Scunthorpe but it’s been a few years since I have been a proper go to games fan.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Rudzy locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Rudzy locked this topic
  • Rudzy unlocked this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!