LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

• Replies 992
  • Views 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full Time Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool We did well to carve out this historic win, it took a Liverpool goal to shake us up and when Perez, Choudhury and Mendy came on it was like a shot of "RED

Never like to see a poor performance but I think it's been coming. Justin, Maddison, Forfana, Praet all out injured. Barnes, Castagne, Pereira rested and Vardy running on fumes. Schmeichel, Soyun

To be honest - I wouldn’t want any of the so called top 6 to be relegated ... errrrr , well maybe one , but not Arsenal.  But no club has a right to be in the Prem, you must earn it and the weeke

Posted Images

Posted
Just now, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Do any of you Leicester boys think that if Lampard gets the sack, Chelsea might come in for Brendan Rodgers?????.....Rob

Possibly.  Its the thing that comes with doing a good job. He has a lot going for him here but i believe him to be ambitious so who knows. The other side of the coin is we have a great young squad, a magnificent new training ground, plans to expand the kp by 10000 and billionaire owners, we are a very attractive club for any manager of a high level.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I agree with you...Leicester is rock solid from top to bottom and must be a great place to work, very close knit team indeed. Rodgers is ambitious as you say and it is arguably a bigger club...I think it would be a massive mistake as I think Leicester has the prospect to be equally as big if not bigger!!! I would certainly want to be part of that!!!....Rob

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

I agree with you...Leicester is rock solid from top to bottom and must be a great place to work, very close knit team indeed. Rodgers is ambitious as you say and it is arguably a bigger club...I think it would be a massive mistake as I think Leicester has the prospect to be equally as big if not bigger!!! I would certainly want to be part of that!!!....Rob

Our club under the thai owners 

has operated in a planned way to gradually improve on the pitch and off it. The philosophy of the club will not change with the leaving of a manager or a star player. The long term plan is regular European campaigns and sustainable growth, we are on the up whatever blips occur along the way.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Traditionally the big clubs where United,  Liverpool  Arsenal , then foreign money At Chelsea  &  City made it 5   then Leicester joined to make it 6 so don't sell your self short. You are now classified as a big club in my humble opinion.  Foreign owners can also be good for football,  (Glazers apart) if they do it properly 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

You need a bit of GEAR down yer kneck to last the current formula of every dog has his day non stop football.
But it's good and it keeps the day interesting in-between the sounds.

Second thoughts - i'll just put the kettle on.

😁

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Rudzy said:

You need a bit of GEAR down yer kneck to last the current formula of every dog has his day non stop football.
But it's good and it keeps the day interesting in-between the sounds.

Second thoughts - i'll just put the kettle on.

😁

Nothing wrong with a bit of gear😇😅

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Do any of you Leicester boys think that if Lampard gets the sack, Chelsea might come in for Brendan Rodgers?????.....Rob

I reckon Lampard will see the season out and then the owner will decide, I really cant see Brendon wanting to change clubs with the development of LCFC and the problems some "big" clubs have handling their starlets.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
17 minutes ago, Ibiza Steve said:

I reckon Lampard will see the season out and then the owner will decide, I really cant see Brendon wanting to change clubs with the development of LCFC and the problems some "big" clubs have handling their starlets.

I reckon thats a good shout and the sensible thing to do, i think he's still got Chelsea in the Champions League.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Oh there's a shame Burnley have taken the lead at the mickies 0.1 with just a  few minutes on the clock. Come on you Clarets 

Full time.  Oh how we laughed 🤣 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Liverpool beaten 0-1 by a stubborn Burnley side - still too early to write them off.

140.000 footy fans watched it unfold on the BBC Website.

Good result for MAN U - MAN CITY & LEICESTER

👍

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Full time.  Oh how we laughed 🤣 

Jurgen is bound to blame the Referee...

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

At a complete loss .

Klopp took all the blame and didn’t try to shift it anywhere else. But it’s the players that need to man up and look at themselves. 

You can get through games if you have one or two players off form , but not 5 or 6 . Front three together with Trent and Robinson not putting good crosses in and Trent giving the ball away so much .. it’s a recipe for not even making the top 4 .

Big games to come -big test for Klopp as a Manager to turn this around , but I think it can happen. Belief , luck , early goal , whatever it takes .

This season is certainly giving us lots to talk about. Role on the weekend .

Well done Burnley .. hats off to them  

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, Stevegods said:

At a complete loss .

Klopp took all the blame and didn’t try to shift it anywhere else. But it’s the players that need to man up and look at themselves. 

You can get through games if you have one or two players off form , but not 5 or 6 . Front three together with Trent and Robinson not putting good crosses in and Trent giving the ball away so much .. it’s a recipe for not even making the top 4 .

Big games to come -big test for Klopp as a Manager to turn this around , but I think it can happen. Belief , luck , early goal , whatever it takes .

This season is certainly giving us lots to talk about. Role on the weekend .

Well done Burnley .. hats off to them  

Hats off to you steve a nice post after a result like that, showing a bit of class there buddy.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Well it wasn’t an easy watch , but it’s been brewing .... and nothing changed for the last 4/5 games , since we won at palace .

Loads of stick from my Manc’s friends , and Evertonians I have ....and that’s what I expected . 

We can’t blame injury’s or missed chances , we just haven’t been good enough. Simple as .

No one team is running away this season, and there was a point I thought we might again . But it does make for a better season. Even if we are suffering .. and boy I’m suffering at the mo , believe me . 

Role on Utd again .. just hope he puts out a strong side from the get go ! 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Well it wasn’t an easy watch , but it’s been brewing .... and nothing changed for the last 4/5 games , since we won at palace .

Loads of stick from my Manc’s friends , and Evertonians I have ....and that’s what I expected . 

We can’t blame injury’s or missed chances , we just haven’t been good enough. Simple as .

No one team is running away this season, and there was a point I thought we might again . But it does make for a better season. Even if we are suffering .. and boy I’m suffering at the mo , believe me . 

Role on Utd again .. just hope he puts out a strong side from the get go ! 

I think the game psychologically is huge for both clubs. Both will put out strong teams theres more at stake than a 4th round game for me it could be pivotal for both, probably more important to lpool to gain a win, but a big game looking forward to it. Shame you cant both lose.😉

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
30 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

I think the game psychologically is huge for both clubs. Both will put out strong teams theres more at stake than a 4th round game for me it could be pivotal for both, probably more important to lpool to gain a win, but a big game looking forward to it. Shame you cant both lose.😉

Shame that you can't both loose. Is that the scousers loose twice. 😂

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
32 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Shame that you can't both loose. Is that the scousers loose twice. 😂

I feel its a bigger game for lpool now steve.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

I feel its a bigger game for lpool now steve.

No mate not from a fans point of view massive for both sets of fans regardless of league positions 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Have you got any important matches coming up ? 

Everton midweek. All important for us not blessed with a direct replacement but it happens and we'll get on with it. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

He will be missed....he attracts defenders like he did for the Madison goal against chelsea. Reckon you will be fine though and he will come back fireing on all cylinders!!!.....Rob

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

VARDY OUT - IHEANACHO IN

KELECHI.jpg.53314fea39a14ebad10d32e60ecdfc3c.jpg

Now is the time for our deputy striker to step up and show us that he has the appetite for the long haul.
He should be fresh - slide a ball through to him and he can deliver around the box.

Cengiz Ünder could also light up the FA CUP.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
32 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

VARDY OUT - IHEANACHO IN

KELECHI.jpg.53314fea39a14ebad10d32e60ecdfc3c.jpg

Now is the time for our deputy striker to step up and show us that he has the appetite for the long haul.
He should be fresh - slide a ball through to him and he can deliver around the box.

Cengiz Ünder could also light up the FA CUP.

I would play perez in the striker role. Hope nacho proves me wrong but i need convincing. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

I would play perez in the striker role. Hope nacho proves me wrong but i need convincing. 

There are options and i think Perez will feature - Last season we won the same tie at Griffin Park and Iheanacho scored the only goal.

So i would start him.

👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

So glad to see the foxes pushing at the top again, big well done 👍

You lot want to try being a Forest fan 😳🥺

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
27 minutes ago, Skegsoul said:

So glad to see the foxes pushing at the top again, big well done 👍

You lot want to try being a Forest fan 😳🥺

No local derbies for years could do with you or the sheep coming up.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Had some great away days at filbet street back in the day 👍 you dont want any "sheep shaggers" at yours 🙂.

Again big well done to your boys playing some nice stuff, wish you well 🤞

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 hours ago, Skegsoul said:

Had some great away days at filbet street back in the day 👍 you dont want any "sheep shaggers" at yours 🙂.

Again big well done to your boys playing some nice stuff, wish you well 🤞

Not quite as welcoming as a soul do at filbert street or the city ground back in the day was it. Great days though. 😂

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Not quite as welcoming as a soul do at filbert street or the city ground back in the day was it. Great days though. 😂

Had some top nights right back to the 70's in notts & Leicester also the half time orange 2000's 

Happy days indeed 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

FA Cup 4th Round - Sun 24 Jan

BRENTFORD.jpg.081e00b821cd5acd7100f18972b6b98e.jpg     1600809667_LCFC96.png.a9634fbd31df001767a353090d9c46b6.png

Brentford 1 - 3 Leicester City

Kick Off 14:30

Line Up
Ward
Ricardo Pereira
Amartey
Söyüncü
Thomas
Mendy
Tielemans
Ünder
Maddison
Barnes
Pérez

Substitutes
Justin
Fofana
Evans
Albrighton
Iheanacho
Choudhury
Ndidi
Castagne
Jakupovic

It's The FA Cup . . . and by the end of the day we could all be "Skiing In The Snow"
Today we're at Brentford in West London for a repeat of last years tie which we won 1-0.

Brentford have changed grounds they are now at the Brentford Community Stadium which holds 17.250 fans - ah well let's make the best of the non appearance of spectators and enjoy the drama of the CUP.

2-1 Win for the Foxes.

1670038770_FACUP2.png.a034a40f9e3ada712cec9f79b44a7ad7.png

Brentford-FC-website.jpg.b7686cbe839028fb2493ad719cd3675e.jpg

769425809_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.6752ec6b005c1d37761124880c990e9a.png296918297_BARMAID300.jpg.196bfdb838cede1fab9d4a99e578c0ae.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Take that rudzy.

It's Snowing like crazy in Leicester - but it looks ok in London.

Hopefully stays the same for the rest of the day.

👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

That's a strong line up with Under,Maddison,Barnes & Perez up top.

Iheanacho to come on and score the winner! 😀

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

1680660669_GOAL2.jpg.8392cc72a165b4de07c44cf21b7fc07c.jpg

Bech Sørensen

Brentford 1 - 0 Leicester

Half Time

Brentford 1 - 0 Leicester

Brentford are no mugs currently challenging for promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.
Brendan needs to tighten up and make changes in the second half.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Absolutely dreadful.  Cant take a corner, cant defend a corner, cant put two passes together. Step away from our main starting 11 and its very worrying. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Ha ha, snap regarding corners. I've been feeling uncomfortable about this game for a few days. I didn't want to drink today and the ash tray is piling up, cheers

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

1882243767_GOAL1.jpg.87ddc136397100de6e9ad8ce653c2d63.jpg

James Maddison
with a tap in from close range

Brentford 1 - 3 Leicester

Full Time

Brentford 1 - 3 Leicester

GREAT WIN!
First half to the home side - second half to the muchly improved visitors.

Brighton at home in the next round.

Let's go on and win the FVCKING LOT 🤩

1837885955_FACUP2.png.78e5e8ff78f169177b9288c897f56f9b.png

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
  • Rudzy locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Rudzy locked this topic
  • Rudzy unlocked this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source