LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

Posted
14 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

I hear what you say pal , and you are right that it all seems a bit mad , to keep on spending like this , but what Edwards is doing at Anfield is structuring deals that get paid over time , not all up front .

We have spent £71 million and got back £15 m .. and like the Thiago deal , it’s £5 mill each year over 4 years . He’s a snip at that price . He came on as a second half sub in his first game and had more touches than anyone on the pitch in 90+ mins .  

Agree all of this can’t keep going on like this and also agree I doubt very much if spectators will be let back any time soon . But what can anyone do .. how can it be solved . Wage caps ? Transfer restrictions ? I’m not sure you will ever get 100% agreement for anything like this .

I fear for division 1-2 .. for higher none league .. and grass routes .. 

Maybe another subject for discussion. 

Keep on doing it Leicester .. ! 

Good post, personally my thoughts are a transfer fee cap would hurt the smaller clubs are play into the hands of the so called elite clubs.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1k
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full Time Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool We did well to carve out this historic win, it took a Liverpool goal to shake us up and when Perez, Choudhury and Mendy came on it was like a shot of "RED

That's what comes of football selling its soul. Football should be 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon. Midweek games tue/wed under the lights at 7.45/7.30. Being a dinosaur i still hanker for the good old d

The best thing that happened to football for years that season. That's from a spurs fan!!!..Rob

Posted Images

Posted
3 hours ago, Stevegods said:

I hear what you say pal , and you are right that it all seems a bit mad , to keep on spending like this , but what Edwards is doing at Anfield is structuring deals that get paid over time , not all up front .

We have spent £71 million and got back £15 m .. and like the Thiago deal , it’s £5 mill each year over 4 years .

Keep on doing it Leicester .. ! 

And now £23.5 mill selling Brewster to Sheff Utd .. so are net spend is only £30 mill - not much these days .. and probably more to let go to be honest . 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

They could let a steady stream of fans in say 1.000 for a start and then slowly increase to 2.000 a month - season ticket holders to be chosen by rotation so everybody gets a look in.

The MLS has started to let the fans back in.
Roland Garros has a few in aswell.

Wrap up well for the cold weather and observe the social distancing rules - no worries.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

They could let a steady stream of fans in say 1.000 for a start and then slowly increase to 2.000 a month - season ticket holders to be chosen by rotation so everybody gets a look in.

The MLS has started to let the fans back in.
Roland Garos has a few in aswell.

Wrap up well for the cold weather and observe the social distancing rules - no worries.

It was said the other day that 98% of cases were caught indoors. Given the fact you can pack onto a train, or fill a pub it is ridiculous given the size of stadiums that fans are not admitted, especially as they could be well spaced from each other. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Chalky said:

It was said the other day that 98% of cases were caught indoors. Given the fact you can pack onto a train, or fill a pub it is ridiculous given the size of stadiums that fans are not admitted, especially as they could be well spaced from each other. 

Absolutely,
I do fear for anybody who is unfortunate enough to find themselves in a Hospital.
Hot air blowing about spreading all kinds of bacteria.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Absolutely bizarre that limited crowds are not allowed back to sporting events.  Even with social distancing i would be a lot more worried sat on a bus than with 6000 others at the king power that holds 32500.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Absolutely bizarre that limited crowds are not allowed back to sporting events.  Even with social distancing i would be a lot more worried sat on a bus than with 6000 others at the king power that holds 32500.

It's time to unleash the beast - a bit of fresh air never hurt anybody.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

It's time to unleash the beast - a bit of fresh air never hurt anybody.

I think personally we should just het on with life, we don’t have these measures for flu and I fear the cure will be more costly than the disease.  At the end of the day even with a vaccine, which we might never have, we will have to learn to live with this.  Protect the vulnerable, others get fit(ter) and take more care of themselves and just get on with living. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I think personally we should just het on with life, we don’t have these measures for flu and I fear the cure will be more costly than the disease.  At the end of the day even with a vaccine, which we might never have, we will have to learn to live with this.  Protect the vulnerable, others get fit(ter) and take more care of themselves and just get on with living. 

Yes, this is the sensible way to deal with it.
People will also be more cautious of what kind of food they are eating - keeping a higher tolerance to whatever's out there.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Does anyone believe that empty stadiums may help the away team & be less intimidated at the say the bigger club stadiums ? This may encourage them to play less defensive & more attractive football as the game went on.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Ibiza Steve said:

Does anyone believe that empty stadiums may help the away team & be less intimidated at the say the bigger club stadiums ? This may encourage them to play less defensive & more attractive football as the game went on.

Absolutely. So many away wins ' it cant be anything other than lack of crowds. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Absolutely. So many away wins ' it cant be anything other than lack of crowds. 

Minimal Advantage.
When you consider how quiet the King Power was before those clappers came along - we struggled to perform to our best and what should have been an Home Advantage caved in to the away team.

This season it's a level playing field and FOOTBALL is the winner.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Pre Match Preview

Sunday, WEST HAM UTD at HOME

Lets have your score predictions.

I'm going for a City Win 3 - 1
Vardy, Barnes & Ünder to score the goals.

Any West Ham fans are welcome to have their say, your key players and talking points. also if you want to talk about the benefits of adding PIE,EELS & MASH to combat the covid virus then please feel free.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, Ibiza Steve said:

It will help teams who usually struggle and have the fans on their back if anything

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Neutral Pick

Leeds Utd v Man City

Kick Off 5:30

Leeds Utd are back in the big time after years out in the wilderness - could be the team to watch.

I'm going for a 2-2 Draw

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Leeds will need to be disciplined and hit on the counter ' i dont think its their game' if they go toe to toe they will lose' 1-3 for me.

Cool,

What about Leicester v West Ham?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Never predict our scores. 🤫

OK,
I hear ya - superstition.

Let me try you on this one - WIN - LOSE or DRAW.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Chelsea are flying today 4 - 0 win at home to Palace.
Ben Chilwell scoring their first goal.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Europa League Draw

535807396_EUROPALEAGUEpic.jpg.6e38dcad4be7eca21f1016a64b01a888.jpg

City Drawn Against SC Braga, AEK Athens & Zorya Luhansk In UEFA Europa League

Leicester City will face SC Braga, AEK Athens and FC Zorya Luhansk in Group G of the UEFA Europa League following Friday afternoon’s draw.

Leicester City’s UEFA Europa League Group G fixtures confirmed
- The Foxes will face SC Braga, AEK Athens and SC Zorya Luhansk
- City’s first match will take place on Thursday 22 October

Drawn in Group G – the same group as their 2016/17 UEFA Champions League campaign – Leicester will take on sides from Portugal, Greece and Ukraine over the next three months. City will first be in action on Thursday 22 October, while their second match will follow a week later before two outings in both November and December.

Fixture round details:

Matchday 1
Thursday 22 October

Matchday 2
Thursday 29 October

Matchday 3
Thursday 5 November

Matchday 4
Thursday 26 November

Matchday 5
Thursday 3 December

Matchday 6
Thursday 10 December

Full fixture details will be confirmed in due course.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hiya, must say palace were really poor today. 4 nil looks impressive but no desire from palace.  Highlight of the game was who's gonna take the penalties. Let's hope the hammers turn up with the same attitude as palace, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 03/10/2020 at 10:12, Leicester Boy said:

Leeds will need to be disciplined and hit on the counter ' i dont think its their game' if they go toe to toe they will lose' 1-3 for me.

I did think they are going to get hammered watching the first 15/20 minutes but they rallied superbly and fully deserved the point.  They will be safe in the PL this year, too many other teams who are far poorer and not picking up points.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
40 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I did think they are going to get hammered watching the first 15/20 minutes but they rallied superbly and fully deserved the point.  They will be safe in the PL this year, too many other teams who are far poorer and not picking up points.

Yep agree' fully deserved a point and will certainly be safe .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Sunday 4 October 2020

TODAY'S GAME - HOME

444379964_LCFCbadge.png.3381bb999e1cddc2bce3ba381ca8e14b.png     1942608550_WESTHAMbadge.png.9f96b5d1f0f77577908ba1e7a5f93cb8.png

RESULT: Leicester City 0 - 3 West Ham United

KING POWER STADIUM

KICK OFF 12:00

TEAM

City: Schmeichel (c); Castagne, Amartey, Söyüncü, Evans, Justin; Tielemans, Mendy; Barnes, Pérez, Vardy.
Subs: Fofana, Albrighton, Ward, Iheanacho, Ünder, Choudhury, Fuchs.

no chinese take-away for any of our team

649896395_BEANSONTOAST.jpg.ee77af7c3d07976619fc35d2aab43ffd.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Always a tough place to play - fans or no fans.

😁

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 hours ago, Pga1 said:

Hiya, must say palace were really poor today. 4 nil looks impressive but no desire from palace.  Highlight of the game was who's gonna take the penalties. Let's hope the hammers turn up with the same attitude as palace, cheers

Shocking result!

No Jeff Schlupp.

West Ham are off to a flyer against us 1 - 0 up

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 02/10/2020 at 19:39, Rudzy said:

Pre Match Preview

Sunday, WEST HAM UTD at HOME

Lets have your score predictions.

I'm going for a City Win 3 - 1
Vardy, Barnes & Ünder to score the goals.

Any West Ham fans are welcome to have their say, your key players and talking points. also if you want to talk about the benefits of adding PIE,EELS & MASH to combat the covid virus then please feel free.

Don't think much of your predictions lol

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hi Mick,
How ya doin' - you can't win em all matey.
still got the second half to come yet time to sort out the poor defending.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Bad day at the office ' happens to the best. Fully deserved by w ham.

Leicester 0 - 3 West Ham

Oh well, that's football one week you're up next week you're down.
that's what makes the game such a formidable worldwide entertaining spectacle.

Well played the Hammers . . .

regroup, study the match and come back after the International break with renewed confidence and hopefully a return to form.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

A happy Hammer here after me giving us no chance before kick off.

Yes VAR is a nightmare and when that close should give benefit to attacking team 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Richard said:

A happy Hammer here after me giving us no chance before kick off.

Yes VAR is a nightmare and when that close should give benefit to attacking team 🤷🏼‍♂️

Always thought you had a chance ' 4-0 against wolves 3-0 against us your pretty decent, got to be honest i still cant get  the enthusiasm i have normally, football without crowds isn't doing it for me.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Ah you know West Ham, one week play whoever off the park and the next week get spanked.

Must also admit really do admire your board and chairman. Don’t wanna swap for GSB do you? 🤣

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Richard said:

Ah you know West Ham, one week play whoever off the park and the next week get spanked.

Must also admit really do admire your board and chairman. Don’t wanna swap for GSB do you? 🤣

No thanks, we have great people running us , tragically losing vichai that terrible night after playing the hammers, the utter joy of the title win replaced by my saddest moment in following my club for 50 years. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Leicester Boy said:

No thanks, we have great people running us , tragically losing vichai that terrible night after playing the hammers, the utter joy of the title win replaced by my saddest moment in following my club for 50 years. 

Yes very sad, he seemed a great guy and had done wonders for yous.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Rudzy said:

Chalked off

* * * k i n g VAR

get rid of it

but apart from that not a shot on target, bad day at the office

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
41 minutes ago, Chalky said:

but apart from that not a shot on target, bad day at the office

Yes,
Let us chalk it up as a bad day at the office.

Not the end of the world - it's only a game of footy.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Neutral Pick

Result

MAN UTD 1 - 6 SPURS

Wow! another shocker

Edited by Rudzy
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Rudzy locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Rudzy locked this topic
  • Rudzy unlocked this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. New Leicester Soul Nite - Last Week
    Look At Your Box by wiganer1 on Tue 23 Aug 2005
    • 2 / 632
    • in town Mikey on 23 Aug 2005
  2. Fatback Band - Live - Leicester
    General Sales by FunkyYamYam on Sun 12 Feb 2017
    • 1 / 774
    • FunkyYamYam on 12 Feb 2017
  3. [video] 1984 - 2nd Anniversary Leicester Oddfellows
    All About The Soul by mike on Wed 30 Jul 2014
    • 1 / 592
    • mike on 30 Jul 2014
  4. Kashif - Rumors @ Leicester 2nd Anniversary
    All About The Soul by Mark R on Sun 14 Oct 2012
    • 34 / 1285
    • Robin S on 20 Oct 2012
  5. News: New Leicester Soul Nite -this Friday 19th August
    All About The Soul by wiganer1 on Mon 15 Aug 2005
    • 1 / 224
    • wiganer1 on 15 Aug 2005

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.