LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

Posted

1444521428_GOAL1.jpg.1b46dcec17d810c6b23c041ce731fdaa.jpg

Maddison

Villa 0 - 1 Leicester

Neat play from Tielemans and Barnes and a great shot from Maddison in off the post - GET IN!

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1k
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full Time Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool We did well to carve out this historic win, it took a Liverpool goal to shake us up and when Perez, Choudhury and Mendy came on it was like a shot of "RED

That's what comes of football selling its soul. Football should be 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon. Midweek games tue/wed under the lights at 7.45/7.30. Being a dinosaur i still hanker for the good old d

Hey mate , hope your keeping safe and well . Listen , 10 / 20 years ago it would have been completely different ... but the anger and hatred have subsided with both age and the mellowness of 15 y

Posted Images

Posted

2081936013_GOAL1.jpg.c9e9a61d85ca7027883ac53486938eea.jpg

Barnes

Villa 0 - 2 Leicester

Harvey Barnes picks up on feeding scraps and it's in the back of the net - SUPERB!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Villa 0 - 2 Leicester

It's all Leicester who have dominated the first half - more of the same in the second half please.

👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

1531793765_GOAL2.jpg.9c1bd47f3aaf7f7006577115616bb5cd.jpg

Traore

Villa 1 - 2 Leicester

The home side have come out all blazing after the break.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Think you made hard work of that, but another 3 points to go 2nd...if you kept your foot on the gas could of scored another couple...hope Maddison injury is just a knock...good result never the less....Rob

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Leicester City

Great first half - but we had to defend well in the second half to secure the points.

City Academy player Luke Thomas looking impressive at the back, top managers will always find a way to grind out a result - Well done to Brendan and the whole team.

Just need Arsenal to beat Man City in the next game.

😀😀😀

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Another great away win, 1st half was really good and we did enough 2nd half to see out the game. Thomas had his best game for us. 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

UEFA Europa League · Round of 32 · 2nd Leg - Thur 25 Feb

257879944_LCFC96.png.fb9174388f1485fd3c634a069909be87.png     1781226222_SLAVIAPRAGUE.jpg.e672a77a7de655307bd1038da0e6834b.jpg

Leicester City 0 - 2 Slavia Prague

Kick Off: 20:00

Line Up
Schmeichel
Amartey
Evans
Söyüncü
Thomas
Tielemans
Ndidi
Albrighton
Choudhury
Ünder
Vardy

Substitutes
Ward
Barnes
Ricardo Pereira
Mendy
Castagne
Fuchs
Jakupovic
Leshabela
Tavares
Flynn

We need a good win at the King Power tonight to keep our dreams of the Treble intact.
James Maddison is out injured and Kelechi Iheanacho won't feature either.
Big chance for some fringe players to make a statement.

City to win 2-0

283734859_KINGPOWER.jpg.b96bf3a3d8bc7da87e49ad88b150f54d.jpg

1972761052_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.2db260be1936259815c8fa3c02b58136.png1100613019_BARMAID300.jpg.2e1effac927c248af2eff9ac47fad798.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Leicester 0 - 0 Slavia

We had a bright start - but it's Slavia who have grown into the game and came close to scoring.
Welcome break - team talk - WE GO AGAIN!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

704108648_GOAL2.jpg.ff45589bde45ceb106b5afff6822786c.jpg

Provod

Leicester 0 - 1 Slavia

It's been coming!
We need Barnes, Pereira and Castagne to come on and inject some urgency into the Foxes play.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

1298094090_GOAL2.jpg.6e95c87674faf2846dd538de4c85d26e.jpg

Sima

Leicester 0 - 2 Slavia

The highly rated Sima who is on Arsenals Wanted List scores for Slavia.
Under Off / Tavares On - WE NEED A MIRACLE!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Leicester City 0 - 2 Slavia Prague

Disappointing end to the Foxes European Campaign, could be a blessing in disguise with injuries piling up and fatigue creeping in.

We can now concentrate on the Prem and FA Cup.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Looking at the team before ko, I thought is Brendan trying to be too clever again or does he want out of the comp ??. Grim, cheers

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We have been running on fumes for a few weeks.  Never want us to lose but top 4 wouldn't have happened with potentially another 7 games in the Europa league.  Some squad players are clearly not good enough but my main concern is vardy looking a shadow of himself, hes a legend and hopefully will hit some form , we will certainly need him to in the coming weeks. Plenty to play for ctid.

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

We have been running on fumes for a few weeks.  Never want us to lose but top 4 wouldn't have happened with potentially another 7 games in the Europa league.  Some squad players are clearly not good enough but my main concern is vardy looking a shadow of himself, hes a legend and hopefully will hit some form , we will certainly need him to in the coming weeks. Plenty to play for ctid.

There seems quite a few sides looking a bit leggy and tired. I'm no expert on the foxes but it seems to me Vardy seems to do this, looks tired, not at it. As soon as you start thinking he's showing his age he goes on a scoring run!!! .....apart from man city (on present form) your a match for anyone. Hopefully you can get the majority back from injury. I've enjoyed watching you this year and the chat with you boys.....Rob

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Never like to see a poor performance but I think it's been coming.

Justin, Maddison, Forfana, Praet all out injured. Barnes, Castagne, Pereira rested and Vardy running on fumes. Schmeichel, Soyuncu forgetting we play in blue so not at all surprised.

Will be a tough test Sunday lunch time home to Arsenal. Cannot remember the last time we did the double over the Gunners.

Here's hoping !!

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 26 - Sun 28 Feb

1519726668_LCFC96.png.3918faece6aa11e8504f552bbc0cd5bc.png     ARSENAL.jpg.03f93f80b846095ad5bbc5c08e762d38.jpg

Leicester City V Arsenal

Kick Off: 12:00

Line Up
Schmeichel
Castagne
Evans
Söyüncü
Thomas
Ricardo Pereira
Ndidi
Tielemans
Barnes
Iheanacho
Vardy

Substitutes
Albrighton
Ward
Amartey
Ünder
Choudhury
Mendy
Fuchs
Daley-Campbell
Tavares

There were half a dozen teams challenging for the top spot - Times have changed and the Manchester City Juggernaut has rolled into town and disappeared without trace.

Now it's the second spot that will be the aim for the following pack - the prerequisite for this task is to have as many top players as possible available for selection.

What turned out to be the "Europa Distraction" can now be put behind us and we move onwards and upwards.

It's another tough game today Arsenal at home.

I'm going for a DRAW 2 - 2

1402008048_KINGPOWER.jpg.78b35bd615922d0b393c2599361b3c5c.jpg

2001814604_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.2de50e6d9f905dc6422ddd2200dc33e9.png1750550659_BARMAID300.jpg.fbddf60a07f6bbc759723d90c61ff033.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

736033819_GOAL1.jpg.426674c1db314c806fa12265d8ae5912.jpg

Tielemans
Slack Arsenal defending let's in Youri Tielemans with a low hard shot - GET IN!

Leicester 1 - 0 Arsenal

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

912595182_GOAL2.jpg.8f9d89a4f5b1f9160dadd4ec59224495.jpg

Lacazette (pen)
Hand Ball penalty.

Leicester 1 - 2 Arsenal

Half Time

Leicester 1 - 2 Arsenal
The visitors have found their mojo - we have work to do.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Harvey Barnes comes off with a bad Knee injury - it's not good!
Cengiz Under On.

1406732470_GOAL2.jpg.d148a472cbae9ee0ab302c71b64f667d.jpg
Pepe
Open goal he can't miss!

Leicester 1 - 3 Arsenal

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

INJURED LIST
Leicester now have Justin, Barnes, Maddison, Fofana, Perez, Evans, Praet, Morgan all injured.

Not looking for excuses but this must be a contributing factor to the recent downfall of the Foxes.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The season is done. Injuries far too many. Vardy looking worse each game. Mentally weak tactically inept. Had a chance in January to strengthen when it was obvious injuries and amount of games where hurting us and done nothing. Will be very surprised if we finish in the top 6. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Leicester City 1 - 3 Arsenal

NOT AT THE RACES . . . There's nothing else to say baby.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

The season is done. Injuries far too many. Vardy looking worse each game. Mentally weak tactically inept. Had a chance in January to strengthen when it was obvious injuries and amount of games where hurting us and done nothing. Will be very surprised if we finish in the top 6. 

At times like this it's good to look at the Bigger Picture and realize how far we have come in a short space of time.

Eat more Spinach and Keep The Faith.

🥬

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Don't be to negative guys...a bad day at the office...worst I've seen you play....do agree your having a nightmare with injury and not convinced Vardy is fully fit....Rob

I'm not negative rob it looks like the torquay weekender is on in July, oh the football as sad as i am about the result the injury to barnes looks bad and that's  terrible, we must have run over a black cat. They have gave it their all but we are spent mentally and physically a miracle is needed. I agree rudzy ive followed um through thick and a lot more thin it still hurts though.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Anybody thinking Arsenal is an easy win are fooling themselves, results tend to even themselves out over the season.
They will always be Top 4 contenders along with Liverpool.

My Dad would always have a decent bet on Arsenal and he often took money from the Bookies.

😄

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Rudzy said:

INJURED LIST
Leicester now have Justin, Barnes, Maddison, Fofana, Perez, Evans, Praet, Morgan all injured.

Not looking for excuses but this must be a contributing factor to the recent downfall of the Foxes.

I have said all along you need a squad of 24 who are all capable of doing the same job.  Only City have that squad.  Liverpool were the only one capable of matching them but they have had their defence and midfield decimated by injury.  Even with a fully fit squad I don't think you'd have won it.  City's title I'm afraid, always was.

No team can blame the virus and playing two games a week, that is what they play anyway in normal times.  It's all down to management and how you ,manage the players.  Pep is doing it well, changing on average 5 players per game.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Real pity for Barnes, 6 weeks out.  he'd been playing really well too.  Thought he might have had a chance at the Euros too with the form he was showing?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
37 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Real pity for Barnes, 6 weeks out.  he'd been playing really well too.  Thought he might have had a chance at the Euros too with the form he was showing?

If it is 6 weeks im relieved, i thought it was another acl for us. Devastated for Harvey hes been superb for us. The gods haven't been kind to us but maybe we used all our good fortune up in 2016. Down for now but still proud of the boys.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

If it is 6 weeks im relieved, i thought it was another acl for us. Devastated for Harvey hes been superb for us. The gods haven't been kind to us but maybe we used all our good fortune up in 2016. Down for now but still proud of the boys.

At least 6 weeks apparently, part of the bone come away

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We have to find a way to get back on track, spirit is still good.
Trust in Brendan - he will put it right for the next game.

There will always be the "I Told You So Doom  ,Merchants" waiting for you to slip up.
But at least we have given it a go and were still in the FA CUP.

😀

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

I have said all along you need a squad of 24 who are all capable of doing the same job.  Only City have that squad.  Liverpool were the only one capable of matching them but they have had their defence and midfield decimated by injury.  Even with a fully fit squad I don't think you'd have won it.  City's title I'm afraid, always was.

No team can blame the virus and playing two games a week, that is what they play anyway in normal times.  

Agree with what Karl said ... it’s all about squads ... and City are the only ones with a big and good enough squad .

But we where in it and on top until Pitchfork took out VVD , and from then on it’s been injury after injury ... and that’s whats happing with the Foxes .. shame to say . It’s now all about the battle for the top 4 places .. and hopefully we get through to the next round of CL and then with crowds back .. who knows what can happen .

“Funny old game Saint “

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

What a crap week, top 4 is going to be a big ask with the injuries building up. We need something, somehow from the next 3 games then it’s Man Yoo in the Cup. Agree though, I can’t believe how far we’ve come, Division 3 not that long ago. Up the City 🦊

Edited by Bourne Fox
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 minutes ago, Bourne Fox said:

What a crap week, top 4 is going to be a big ask with the injuries building up. We need something, somehow from the next 3 games then it’s Man Yoo in the Cup. Agree though, I can’t believe how far we’ve come, Division 3 not that long ago. Up the City 🦊

Absolutely 95% of fans will never see their team win the premier league we have been blessed by the football gods cant be to down hearted. Div 1 to premier league trophy not to shabby. 😉

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

NEXT GAME - Wednesday 3rd March
Burnley V Leicester City

Get a result here and the mood will be a lot better for the Foxes Faithful.

SPINACH this is what Brendan should be preaching to the lads.
GET IT DOWN YER NECKS

SPINACH.jpg.89f993c22893292a92f3726374df1f07.jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 27 - Wed 3 March

Burnley.png.28011dabc996e84580c5e8937b5801bb.png     1790913873_LCFC96.png.5f50f825fa1e635eaed82449a8deff6a.png

Burnley 1 - 1 Leicester City

Kick Off: 18:00

Line Up
Schmeichel
Castagne
Amartey
Söyüncü
Ricardo Pereira
Mendy
Ndidi
Choudhury
Tielemans
Vardy
Iheanacho

Substitutes
Fofana
Albrighton
Ward
Ünder
Fuchs
Thomas
Leshabela
Daley-Campbell
Tavares

After a couple of bad results it's time to get back on the right track.
If we have taken our Spinach then we have a good chance of a positive result.

I'm going for a DRAW 1-1

410886019_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.3f01f7e7177dfd715b412dd1c8aff39b.png1646685399_BARMAID300.jpg.e939f44f62955cc804e1ad74ec728d03.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Burnley 1 - 1 Leicester

The Foxes are dominating the game but the home side are hard to break down.
It's gonna take a bit of magic to break them down.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Fatback Band - Live - Leicester
    General Sales by FunkyYamYam on Sun 12 Feb 2017
    • 1 / 774