LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

Posted

The manager will have learnt today that Amartey is no replacement for Soyuncu.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Everton game tomorrow will give us ‘Ammers a better idea of where we might finish. Leicester Boy, to put things into perspective for both our clubs, 6 years ago I celebrated some of my 50th i

Sorry for jumping on this Leicester thread again but I've got to comment on yesterday's match.  Between Spurs and United .  The picture below sums up what is wrong the premiership and football in

Full-Time Leicester City 1 - 0 Chelsea Thrills and spills right down to the wire with VAR ruling out a Chelsea equalizer for offside. Foxes Thoroughly deserved to Win and the team showed great

Posted Images

Posted

1579593908_KELWESTHAM.jpg.b851381da748f62dfd3698a5f178e1be.jpg

Man Of The Match
Kelechi Iheanacho
That's 11 goals in 11 games making him the new undisputed Main Man up front in the right place at the right time - FOX IN AND OUT OF THE BOX!

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I am not sure I can survive this season, the way my lot struggle to defend 3-0 leads. Delighted to be 4th at this stage of the season, still expect to finish lower.

Would be just our luck to qualify for Europe and not be allowed to travel.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
29 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

I am not sure I can survive this season, the way my lot struggle to defend 3-0 leads. Delighted to be 4th at this stage of the season, still expect to finish lower.

Would be just our luck to qualify for Europe and not be allowed to travel.

Yep, same old West Ham.

We can be 4-0 up and thinking we can still lose this 5-4, it is a bit more relaxing that it’s at the top end of the table and not the bottom end for a change 😉

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Sorry for jumping on this Leicester thread again but I've got to comment on yesterday's match.  Between Spurs and United . 

The picture below sums up what is wrong the premiership and football in general in the UK. Spurs player down on the pitch holding his face for three minutes after the slightest of contact with the finger tips of a United player When are the premiership and the referees going to stop this acting by sending off the players and fining them for bringing the game into disrepute and the managers who defend their actions. Its a disgrace 

Screenshot_20210412-110357_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 6
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
57 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sorry for jumping on this Leicester thread again but I've got to comment on yesterday's match.  Between Spurs and United . 

The picture below sums up what is wrong the premiership and football in general in the UK. Spurs player down on the pitch holding his face for three minutes after the slightest of contact with the finger tips of a United player When are the premiership and the referees going to stop this acting by sending off the players and fining them for bringing the game into disrepute and the managers who defend their actions. Its a disgrace 

Screenshot_20210412-110357_Chrome.jpg

Absolutely steve , the way a lot of premiership players act and behave is killing my love of the game. Only caught the highlights of utds game but with the play acting and var its makes you wonder sometimes.  The disgraceful behaviour of our muppets at the party has reinforced my belief they dont give a sh.t about the average fan. I honestly hanker for the old days when we were crap but the players were just "normal blokes". Rant over roll on the soul nights.

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Kane one of the biggest culprits - cheat - any contact including backing in to get contact and when we had the farce of almost any contact with hands /arms even from a yard away being given as a penalty. Kane had obviously been practising spinning to face the defender and without warning flicking the ball up against and into the defenders arms from a previous position of going away from goal and being shepherded out of the box.

With regard to the Son incident -

1) VAR - on what planet are they on - Son tries the left arm grab to impede McTominay, makes greater contact than McTominay's trailing arm and its deemed a foul - should have been Son in the book for simulation / bringing the game into disrepute / ungentlemanly conduct. 

2) Did they eventually find the sniper that obviously shot Son - how else could you explain being flat out on the ground for how long holding his face. Ollie dead right and Mourinho and Spurs got what they deserved - Sweet FA

3) Another shocking decision from Kavanagh - how do these Refs get on the list.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

1329545173_FACUP.jpg.df2b73077570e609ccb4c9c19101b093.jpg

FA CUP Semi Final - Sun 18 April

211749020_LCFC96.png.2da1d0018bbfb4b5980ce57f8283d55f.png     SOUTHAMPTON.jpg.6ce5f9063ac983eea3074808d1347423.jpg

Leicester City 1 - 0 Southampton

Kick Off: 18:30 - AT WEMBLEY

Line Up
Schmeichel
Fofana
Söyüncü
Evans
Ricardo Pereira
Ndidi
Tielemans
Castagne
Pérez
Iheanacho
Vardy

Substitutes
Maddison
Albrighton
Ward
Amartey
Ünder
Choudhury
Mendy
Praet
Thomas

One more step to take before reaching the final and it can be done against the Saints.
Need to be on top of our game as they are No Mugs with a good manager.

Chelsea are through to the final after beating Man City 1-0.

Positive News - 4.000 fans will be in attendance due to the relaxing of Covid rules.

James Maddison on the bench but should feature.

City to WIN 2-1

Saints fans are welcome to join in the fun.

217410498_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.5d596831ec1dee27940aacb50ca3eb1f.png1125060409_BARMAID300.jpg.a08b53f0be493a8985aa2930f3384bd2.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Nervous but come on city, was at villa park as a kid when we lost the replay to Liverpool in 74 and villa park again in 82 when we lost to spurs, hopefully we clear the semifinals this time.🤞

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Leicester 0 - 0 Southampton
The Saints have had most of the ball but it's the Foxes who look like scoring first.

VARDY.jpg.cf082ee1d07d19ff44c4e29ecb426159.jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

English Clubs won't be joining a European Super League as this would rule out any players being picked for their countries.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

1748820781_GOAL1.jpg.407afb2b3656c1b7f7f52d7a669d63f7.jpg

Iheanacho
It's been coming a man on a mission and he can't be stopped - good work from Vardy.

Leicester 1 - 0 Southampton

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Leicester 1 - 0 Southampton
WOW! The Foxes had enough to get the job done and will be playing Chelsea in the FA CUP FINAL.
Now that's what you call a result!

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

FA CUP FINAL

Chelsea V Leicester City

It will be a tough game - Chelsea have been rejuvenated under Tuchel.
I make them Favourites.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Great result for the Foxes, never going to be a classic but we have a team that can win the cup, I was at the 69 final this our year ?  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Watched the 1969 Final on the telly in Black and White - just couldn't find a way through against a very good MAN CITY side.

Hopefully this time we can put one over on Ben Chilwell👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Man Of The Match
Kelechi Iheanacho

GOAL.jpg.9648287b200dd5e692a299157250c108.jpg

No Contest - When a player scores the winning goal in an FA CUP SEMI FINAL you know his name, scoring goals is his game.
Cool, Calm and Collected in the Biggest Moment tucking away his goal with effeciency.

That's 12 goals in 12 games give him the Match Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bourne Fox said:

Fantastic, Up the City 🦊

Enjoy your footy - could be a very special year..

🦊

Edited by Rudzy
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Went to the 69 semi at Hillsborough against the Cup holders West Brom.

Met Kenneth Wolstenholme in the main lounge / bar at the ground pre-match.

Sniffer Clarke with the only goal then defeat again at Wembley - still have nightmares about Woolett's missed tackle on Summerbee that allowed the pull back for Neil Young to get the only goal and also Lochheads & Rodrigues misses. Glover injured and a passenger didn't help either.

Also at 74  semi at Old Trafford - absolutely battered by Liverpool but finished 0 - 0 - Saw pop band Mud in their transit from our coach as we left the ground - They thought we were waving at them (actually giving them the wanker motion)

Thought we would win the replay at Villa Park - massed ranks of Leicester fans on The Holte End. Toshack / Keegan combo proved too much.

Using all the family contacts to get tickets for this one - live in hope

Edited by Vadnochka
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 18/04/2021 at 18:04, Leicester Boy said:

Nervous but come on city, was at villa park as a kid when we lost the replay to Liverpool in 74 and villa park again in 82 when we lost to spurs, hopefully we clear the semifinals this time.🤞

I was at both those and the Old Trafford 0-0 with Liverpool 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
59 minutes ago, Ady Croasdell said:

I was at both those and the Old Trafford 0-0 with Liverpool 

Yes i went the old Trafford game as well ady, first ever away game. We somehow scraped a 0-0 played much better at villa park and lost.🤨we are there now though and the 15 may could be a very special day.🤞🙏

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 32 - Thur 22 April

1706916166_LCFC96.png.3ad0577c98a6d9cce8edc9eec652b891.png     WBA.jpg.cdfb3e927b7db98e09640581f4bafc99.jpg
Leicester City 3 - 1 W.B.A.

Kick Off: 20:00

Line Up
Schmeichel
Fofana
Evans
Söyüncü
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Thomas
Maddison
Iheanacho
Vardy

Substitutes
Albrighton
Ward
Pérez
Amartey
Ünder
Choudhury
Ricardo Pereira
Mendy
Praet

The Baggies are fighting for Premiership Survival with Big Sam making a late bid to save the sinking West Midlands outfit, the sun has been shining today and Spring is in the air.

Jamie Vardy is due a goal tonight.

Brendan Rodgers has a great record against Sam Allardyce.

James Maddison comes in for Ayoze Perez.

The Foxes to Win 3-1

1150885346_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.7b24977e02a633384d1148b64e06545f.png501049555_BARMAID300.jpg.37c5d966cc4be173b5ff5a2dd3a1a6bc.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

71891643_GOAL1.jpg.6c42b5ac101754adc96dd057298b6807.jpg

Vardy
He's due a goal and he delivers ONSIDE!
Leicester 1 - 0 WBA

1906914193_GOAL1.jpg.cddbcd4bc3091c81d7e06396d63bc530.jpg

Evans
Free Header - GET IN
Leicester 2 - 0 WBA

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

1236809858_GOAL1.jpg.e30942ae7fe97a0bb61827f663f966a0.jpg

Iheanacho
Vardy set's up his best mate - there's no stopping Kelechi Iheanacho WOW!
Leicester 3 - 0 WBA

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half-Time

Leicester 3 - 0 WBA

It's one way traffic and it could easily be 6-0 to the Foxes - THANK YOU.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

This will be the match that sends the Baggies down to the championship

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

REF SUB

Praet ON / Vardy OFF

Another good game for Jamie Vardy and back on the score sheet

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Leicester City 3 - 0 WBA

Good solid team performance - Back on the right track after losing the last 2 League games.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Man Of The Match
Jamie Vardy

Vardy-Leicester-City-F365.thumb.jpg.e1411a6177915aa18fea5cc3f89d8385.jpg

If your going through a goal drought it's important that you stay focused, contribute to the team and wait for your opportunity to come. Tonight he did just that and was rewarded. The Iheanacho-Vardy partnership continues to thrive.

Leicester are now four points clear of Chelsea and West Ham.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Well it's Palace again tonight so let's put 3 more points between us and the chasing pack.

Back to a previous deviation - Man City and their tactical fouls.

Laporte this time - 25mins - ref Paul Tierney lets him off - result he still has a get out of jail card to repeat the offence - which he duly did on 45mins then getting a booking - which of course would have been a red. A point made very strongly by Mark Clattenberg in today's papers, deliberately breaking up Tottenham momentum and build-up. He would then not of been on the pitch to score the winner.

The players know what they are doing and you could substitute any number of Man. City players on this. Surely the refs discuss teams modus operandi's as well as observe the fact itself whilst in the middle

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
54 minutes ago, Vadnochka said:

Well it's Palace again tonight so let's put 3 more points between us and the chasing pack.

Laporte this time - 25mins - ref Paul Tierney lets him off - result he still has a get out of jail card to repeat the offence - which he duly did on 45mins then getting a booking - which of course would have been a red. A point made very strongly by Mark Clattenberg in today's papers, deliberately breaking up Tottenham momentum and build-up. He would then not of been on the pitch to score the winner.

The players know what they are doing and you could substitute any number of Man. City players on this. Surely the refs discuss teams modus operandi's as well as observe the fact itself whilst in the middle

They are a very good team but have no hesitation in using the dark arts when needed. The standard of referee's and the whole var situation is grim. But back to us a win tonight would be massive. 🤞

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Vadnochka said:

Bought another trophy.  With these tactics.  No respect.  No class.. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Bought another trophy.  With these tactics.  No respect.  No class.. 

All teams do it including yours Steve.  But fouls apart, there was only one team in this final.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

All teams do it including yours Steve.  But fouls apart, there was only one team in this final.

Karl. They spoil every game when the opposition get the ball by play acting . It's a disgrace . They don't even give the ball back to the opposition when it's been kicked out for a injury so as the first aiders can get on the pitch.  They don't  get respect from any fans for what they do. 

As a United fan I watch United, don't watch football for the sake of it including World Cup, Euro,s, England  etc so why would I want to watch another team cheating and diving towards buying another cup 🤔so I can't comment on only one team in the final. 

Sorry  Leicester fans.  Hijacked again. Out of here. Again 😊🤔👍

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 33 - Mon 26 April

1382401568_LCFC96.png.4426cf8093e547406c5e24dacaca2208.png     72415166_CRYSTALPALACE.jpg.cef44aaba2c2d2dae43b9e9340aec08e.jpg
Leicester City 2 - 1 Crystal Palace

Kick Off: 20:00

Line Up
Schmeichel
Fofana
Evans
Söyüncü
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Thomas
Maddison
Vardy
Iheanacho

Substitutes
Albrighton
Ward
Pérez
Amartey
Ünder
Choudhury
Ricardo Pereira
Mendy
Praet

We can stretch the gap between third and fourth place with a home win tonight at the King Power.

Ricardo Pereira on the bench and could feature.

City to WIN 2 - 1

1677623609_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.47ffa79ded663ab5cb0f5cba052bbb58.png857724439_BARMAID300.jpg.f65b70dc27f3a46d187eb51d02e2bbaf.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. New Leicester Soul Nite - Last Week
    Look At Your Box by wiganer1 on Tue 23 Aug 2005
    • 2 / 658