LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21

Rudzy
Followers 32

Posted

Oh dear, self destruct  😡 that was Bournemouth all over again. 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 34.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Everton game tomorrow will give us ‘Ammers a better idea of where we might finish. Leicester Boy, to put things into perspective for both our clubs, 6 years ago I celebrated some of my 50th i

Sorry for jumping on this Leicester thread again but I've got to comment on yesterday's match.  Between Spurs and United .  The picture below sums up what is wrong the premiership and football in

Full-Time Leicester City 1 - 0 Chelsea Thrills and spills right down to the wire with VAR ruling out a Chelsea equalizer for offside. Foxes Thoroughly deserved to Win and the team showed great

Posted Images

Posted

Come back - your team needs you and the Prem deffo needs the Foxes , they have shown there is always hope ! 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Gave it some time to calm down before commenting.  Rodgers is not as good as him and the media think. Maddison is a luxury we cant afford he does nothing. Schmeichel must be a vampire hes going nowhere near crosses. Collectively the team are bottlers, that last statement is harsh but after last season and now the last couple of weeks its clearly true. Other than a freak result against Chelsea in the cup i think we are done. Having followed this club all my life I'm used to seeing us lose but having a team with no heart is worse than having a bad team. Rant over enjoy the rest of the season boys I'm out of here.

Looking like I've jumped on this Leicester thread again.  I feel  your frustration and we have all been through it. And come out the other side smiling 😃.  So come on down and join back in😁👍

There is one massive consolidation though. At least your not a scousers,  could you imagine having to bear that as well. 😂😂😂 sorry Steve only joking mate as you know 😉

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Looking like I've jumped on this Leicester thread again.  I feel  your frustration and we have all been through it. And come out the other side smiling 😃.  So come on down and join back in😁👍

There is one massive consolidation though. At least your not a scousers,  could you imagine having to bear that as well. 😂😂😂 sorry Steve only joking mate as you know 😉

Thanks both steves, im hurting at the minute but i will cool down, i thought after the title win nothing would bother me but like northern its something i love and it does hurt. Could never give up on either whilst there's still life in me.👍

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

As a West Ham fan, last night makes it interesting.  As a football fan I just wish we had beaten Chelski, or even drew with them the other week, then we would both still have a chance of the CL.  Its almost certainly going down to the wire.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

As a West Ham fan, last night makes it interesting.  As a football fan I just wish we had beaten Chelski, or even drew with them the other week, then we would both still have a chance of the CL.  Its almost certainly going down to the wire.

Every fan has the right to dream as a leicester fan i know they can come true, may the best team succeed, as it should always be .👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

The Everton game tomorrow will give us ‘Ammers a better idea of where we might finish.

Leicester Boy, to put things into perspective for both our clubs, 6 years ago I celebrated some of my 50th in The Donkey and then saw WHU lose a brilliant game 2-1 to your lot. That was the game which started the run to avoid relegation under Pearson. Just a few years later, you’re following a team that has won the Prem, is in it’s first cup final in 52 years and is regularly challenging for CL qualification. Both our clubs are having great seasons and we will do well to remember how far they have come. Let’s enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Youe absolutely right buddy, but i can assure you winning the Premier league was probably family aside the greatest day of my life, but defeats still hurt and when they don't well then it probably is time for me to give it up. I hope that makes sense.🤔

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

LB, I understand this more than you can imagine. I’ve been going 35 years home and away; the joys and the despair in football are like almost nothing else on this planet (Family aside).

Good luck in the Final; will be rooting for you against the Rent Boys.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Cheer Up Guys.

It's only a game of footy - it could be worse if you're a Derby County fan currently losing at home to Sheff Wednesday and on the verge of being relegated from the Championship.

Put's our little lot into perspective.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Waghorn with an equalizer

Derby 1-1 Sheff Wed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Patrick Roberts - Another Goal for the Rams

Derby 2-1 Sheff Wed

Rotherham are 1-0 up at Cardiff

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Callum Paterson with an equalizer for Sheff Wed

Derby 2-2 Sheff Wed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Back to the Prem lads - not bothered about the sheep shaggers - Prem - Still all manner of things cracking off even today - Leeds beating Spurs with 10mins to go. Every chance Man City will beat Chelsea later and who knows with Liverpool / Saints. Leicester's defeat wouldn't look so bad if those things happen. What a game it is. Man Utd definitely going to juggle team to deal with fixture pile-up so who knows.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's all kickin' off now - Julian Borner for the Owls

Derby 2-3 Sheff Wed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Leeds 3 - Spurs 1 - come on - 5 mins left

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

If the Leeds game stays the same it will make us Foxes fans feel a bit more secure.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Leeds Utd 3-1 Spurs (latest)

A Man City win today at home to Chelsea will see Pep's men crowned as Premier League winners.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Martyn Waghorn Pen (ex foxes forward) for Derby

Derby 3-3 Sheff Wed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
33 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Full-Time

Derby 3-3 Sheff Wed

Cardiff 1-1 Rotherham

Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Wycombe all relegated.

There you go Foxes fans 3 good teams relegated from the Championship.

When you find your expectations are continually reaching higher and higher, it's good to step back and see just how far we have come as a club in a relatively short space of time.

We all feel the pain of relegation because we have been there ourselves, and it hurts being out in the wilderness rudderless and all you can do is hope and pray you get promoted as soon as possible.

True indeed rudzy, the relegation to div 1 although sobering was the beginning of the greatest sports story ever, although i am biased. 😁

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Rudzy said:

Leeds Utd 3-1 Spurs (latest)

A Man City win today at home to Chelsea will see Pep's men crowned as Premier League winners.

Chelsea win to piss on there chips would be nice.   Saints beat the dippers and good day would be had apart from Leeds winning . Still can't have everything 😪

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
49 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chelsea win to piss on there chips would be nice.   Saints beat the dippers and good day would be had apart from Leeds winning . Still can't have everything 😪

Dippers eh. Very grownup. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rudzy said:

Full-Time

Derby 3-3 Sheff Wed

Cardiff 1-1 Rotherham

Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Wycombe all relegated.

There you go Foxes fans 3 good teams relegated from the Championship.

When you find your expectations are continually reaching higher and higher, it's good to step back and see just how far we have come as a club in a relatively short space of time.

We all feel the pain of relegation because we have been there ourselves, and it hurts being out in the wilderness rudderless and all you can do is hope and pray you get promoted as soon as possible.

All in the game.

One single goal scored or not conceded in the last game of the season, could have made a difference.

Millers beat owls and Derby home and away.

Wickham beat the millers easily at the new York.

Fine margins? 5 goals from 110 shots. 19 games lost by one goal.

Truth be told, lady luck favoured the teams just above the bottom four, and when that happens, the only way is down.

Ah well, a few local Derbys to look forward to, and there's always another chance we will bounce back again.

Ed

UTM

Edited by Tomangoes
Spello
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 minutes ago, Alice Clark said:

Dippers eh. Very grownup. 

Its light hearted banter , we are all soulies and football fans. No nastiness at all.👍

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yes LB. I’m sure Liverpool people don’t mind being called thieves. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Alice Clark said:

Yes LB. I’m sure Liverpool people don’t mind being called thieves. 

As liverpool people are quite famous for their sense of humour id imagine they would laugh it off for the banter it is but maybe we will have to agree to disagree. Have a great day.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Man City 1-0 Chelsea (first half)

Slightly comforting for the Foxes Faithful, Aguero missing a Penalty as well.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hakim Ziyech - good player, Chelsea have come a long way under Tuchel

Man City 1-1 Chelsea

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Full-Time

Alonso with the winner.
Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Are Man City Bottling it like Leicester?  they have to go to Newcastle on 14th which will be a tough game on the toon.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Full-Time

Alonso with the winner.
Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Are Man City Bottling it like Leicester?  they have to go to Newcastle on 14th which will be a tough game on the toon.

It doesn't help either of us though!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

It doesn't help either of us though!!

Yeah i know it's just prolonging the agony.

😄

55e5ee20-b13a-4645-9e0f-fb34aed9f98a.jpg.03d6134c68bb61ad493ce72415f02d51.jpg

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Yeah i know it's just prolonging the agony.

😄

55e5ee20-b13a-4645-9e0f-fb34aed9f98a.jpg.03d6134c68bb61ad493ce72415f02d51.jpg

The annoying thing was I said to the Mrs get your Money on Chelsea after Aguero's pen!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

The annoying thing was I said to the Mrs get your Money on Chelsea after Aguero's pen!

Chelsea have really come good under Tuchel, i fear they may nick the FA CUP of us next week as well.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Chelsea have really come good under Tuchel, i fear they may nick the FA CUP of us next week as well.

6 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

At the moment I'd say they have the best squad and have more goals in them than City.  Utd possibly best on their day but still a bit inconsistent., City best at beating all bar the top teams.  I think whichever signs a top forward will be favs to win the league next year.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The good thing for the Foxes is our goal difference is a bit better than West Hams, but your form is better than ours.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

The good thing for the Foxes is our goal difference is a bit better than West Hams, but your form is better than ours.

Our problem is we probably need to win all 4 games which for us is a massive ask.  Still better than the normal relegation fight!!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

Our problem is we probably need to win all 4 games which for us is a massive ask.  Still better than the normal relegation fight!!!

What's your run in like?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Reality Check - Top 6

Unfortunately the likes of Leicester City, West Ham Utd, Leeds Utd, Aston Villa, Everton & Tottenham Hotspur will always be regarded at best as top 6.

It's gonna take a lot of hard work and it's an on-going project to regularly profile our clubs into the same league as Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool - These are the main English clubs that are massively followed all over the world.

Location is a big pointer to attract the very best players and Fair Play wheeler dealing still has a long way to go - that's the way of the world.

So at this moment i'm gonna lower my expectation for the Foxes to finish in a Top 6 position and if it ends up Top 4 then that's a Big Bonus.

As much as we would like to be successful in Europe - playing too many games can have an adverse affect on your resources.

Particularly if you don't have strength in depth - This is evident for LCFC with recent results in the League being very disappointing.

James Maddison looking very lightweight at the moment, Soyuncu going missing in games, and who would have thought a Jonny Evans injury in the warm up would prove so costly?

Christian Fuchs could still do a job at the back, Hamza Choudhury could add a bit of BITE, and we still haven't seen the best of Cengiz Under.

Too many times this season playing a high line, opposition sussed us out with a long ball and in typical Leicester old style we are getting caught out on the back foot - miles too slow in all defensive positions.
4-4-2 will bring us back to stability.

Could all of these factors conspire to put a damper on the season and re-affirm our current Premier League status as "THE BOTTLER'S" ?

Only Time Will Tell - but hey, what a ride we've all been on.

KEEP THE FAITH

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

What's your run in like?

Everton Home, Brighton, WBA away, Soton home.  In theory winnable, but easier said than done.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yeah i know what you're saying, in theory we should have won games but stumbled.
It's true what you said earlier it's gonna go right down to the wire, and who's to say Man U don't nick the Premier League title right at the end.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Another top side closing in on the Foxes

Liverpool 2 - 0 Southampton

Mané, Thiago Alcántara

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
29 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Another top side closing in on the Foxes

Liverpool 2 - 0 Southampton

Salah & Firmino

Six points clear of them Dont worry. We will turn them over Thursday after we beat Villa tomorrow, Which i imagine will be pretty much full strengh sides, not sure what team Oli will play against your lads Tue but it wont be full strength

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

As liverpool people are quite famous for their sense of humour id imagine they would laugh it off for the banter it is but maybe we will have to agree to disagree. Have a great day.

It’s the age old - “ find your car up on bricks - with no wheels “ - and been reinforced by Scum media like the S@N ... humour and sense of belonging to your routes are imbedded in L’pool. Laugh it off - for sure,  just like the stereotyping from The Comedians back in the day .. is it valid now - not really , but hey ho , banter we can take .

That said - lucky 3 pts tonight - we where rubbish - Nate Philips looks solid but no speed and front 4 don’t look together . 

Putting the pressure on Foxes and West Ham - but we go again and let’s see where it takes us . 

Lets beat the Scum - ( who said that ) 

4C8B2F9F-5C87-457E-A6EC-7670B0DEDBA7.jpeg

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

It’s the age old - “ find your car up on bricks - with no wheels “ - and been reinforced by Scum media like the S@N ... humour and sense of belonging to your routes are imbedded in L’pool. Laugh it off - for sure,  just like the stereotyping from The Comedians back in the day .. is it valid now - not really , but hey ho , banter we can take .

That said - lucky 3 pts tonight - we where rubbish - Nate Philips looks solid but no speed and front 4 don’t look together . 

Putting the pressure on Foxes and West Ham - but we go again and let’s see where it takes us . 

Lets beat the Scum - ( who said that ) 

Steve, Some people have no sense of humour mate. We know the truth . Always a laugh and take the P out of each other . Goes with the territory of who we both support and long may it continue before the PC brigade take over the world. 

Less than a year now until your retirement, Cant be bad, Think i may have already done it unless something nice and local like 5 miles away maximum comes along with hours and wages to suit, i wont bother. Not desperate 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Absolutely mate ...

Do us a favour against the Foxes ... pressure on ... and just need West Ham to slip up .. but to be honest I can see them getting 4th .. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Absolutely mate ...

Do us a favour against the Foxes ... pressure on ... and just need West Ham to slip up .. but to be honest I can see them getting 4th .. 

Steve. We are used to playing Sunday/ Thursday because of the Europa league so  not to worried about those games and i think we will be full strength for Villa and your lot but he will definitely rest players Tuesday against Leicester

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We are making too many mistakes at the back YAWL.

Liverpool - never write them off - United should beat us comfortably on Tuesday of course we might turn up and nick a point - you can't tell at the moment.

We have knocked United out of the FA CUP so let's wait and see.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Absolutely mate ...

I don't think you will be all that bothered if you miss out on Europe would you?

soul source url
Social source share