Jump to content

LEICESTER CITY FC 2020/21


Recommended Posts

Posted

Uefa cup is a curse.

Rounds and rounds of huge travel commitments and opposition that's often a joke.

You need a big squad.

Teams like Leicester should get a bye until about 4 rounds in!

Ed

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 33.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Everton game tomorrow will give us ‘Ammers a better idea of where we might finish. Leicester Boy, to put things into perspective for both our clubs, 6 years ago I celebrated some of my 50th i

Sorry for jumping on this Leicester thread again but I've got to comment on yesterday's match.  Between Spurs and United .  The picture below sums up what is wrong the premiership and football in

Full-Time Leicester City 1 - 0 Chelsea Thrills and spills right down to the wire with VAR ruling out a Chelsea equalizer for offside. Foxes Thoroughly deserved to Win and the team showed great

Posted Images




Posted
5 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Uefa cup is a curse.

Rounds and rounds of huge travel commitments and opposition that's often a joke.

You need a big squad.

Teams like Leicester should get a bye until about 4 rounds in!

Ed

The format has changed next year ed due to the European conference, less matches next year.👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Gutted for you lads. Really am.  LCFC. ( Apart from Rodgers ) breath of fresh air in what's become a win games at any costs by any means Premier league and made even worse by VAR. 

  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Shame when you were 2-1 up and Chelsea 2-0 it was looking lovely.  Just have to hope Leicester and West Ham meet in the final.  Great season for you anyway.

  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Disappointing but dont be gutted for us boys, f a cup Europa league and hopefully this shit show that has blighted us for 15 months is coming to the end , lots of positives to enjoy , been a light in some dark times . Nice to relax for a couple of months before we put ourselves through it again. 🤣

 

 

Ps well done the hammers, happy for you 👏

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Make shift defence again due to Little Wes’ injury , Ndidi dropping in at centre half left us light in midfield. Ian got stage fright playing in front of a crowd and we ended up chasing the game and got done on the break. A chance missed with The Villa doing us a favour. We have still improved on last season with more points and the FA Cup. Maybe the squad was a bit light for Champions League football anyway ? I think the ‘Big Six’ are going to get away with a puny punishment for the ESL fiasco which is more frustrating. Their fans are strangely quiet on the subject. Anyway was pleased to be back at the KP today. 🦊

Edited by Bourne Fox
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yes, not quite ready for CL yet (though I'd have loved to have tried), Europa will be good if we can finally travel, and if it's less games all the better. Are they still letting CL failures, like man U last year, into the Europa in the later stages?

Thomas had a great game, Justin & Barnes to come back, a couple of good buys lined up - looking forward to next season already

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Ady Croasdell said:

Yes, not quite ready for CL yet (though I'd have loved to have tried), Europa will be good if we can finally travel, and if it's less games all the better. Are they still letting CL failures, like man U last year, into the Europa in the later stages?

Thomas had a great game, Justin & Barnes to come back, a couple of good buys lined up - looking forward to next season already

The champions league teams dropping into the Europa league is a disgrace but then so much of how football is run is. The whole thing is ran by and for a certain elite, thats why teams like us whu and atalanta scare them so much in certain boardrooms. 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

The champions league teams dropping into the Europa league is a disgrace but then so much of how football is run is. The whole thing is ran by and for a certain elite, thats why teams like us whu and atalanta scare them so much in certain boardrooms. 

Totally agree. It's shouldn't even be called the champions league.  Only the winner of the particular country league should be eligible.  As for the channel 5 / Thursday Cup.  Should be still a knock out Cup competition home/ away not a excuse for millions more in a league format.  Its a joke.  Even though we are in the final on Wed.  Which in itself is a joke. Every match has been played on the Thursday so why is the final on a Wednesday  ? 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Totally agree. It's shouldn't even be called the champions league.  Only the winner of the particular country league should be eligible.  As for the channel 5 / Thursday Cup.  Should be still a knock out Cup competition home/ away not a excuse for millions more in a league format.  Its a joke.  Even though we are in the final on Wed.  Which in itself is a joke. Every match has been played on the Thursday so why is the final on a Wednesday  ? 

Absolutely spot on steve, there was nothing wrong with the European Cup, uefa cup and cup winners cup. Pure knockouts and some great matches back in the day. Would love to be watching leicester in a cup winners cup campaign. Good luck in the final by the way.👍

  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
45 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Absolutely spot on steve, there was nothing wrong with the European Cup, uefa cup and cup winners cup. Pure knockouts and some great matches back in the day. Would love to be watching leicester in a cup winners cup campaign. Good luck in the final by the way.👍

Agreed West Ham v Eintracht Frankfurt semi final second leg on a wet, mudbath at Upton Park is still one of my greatest memories.

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Soulman58 said:

Agreed West Ham v Eintracht Frankfurt semi final second leg on a wet, mudbath at Upton Park is still one of my greatest memories.

One of the most legendary games in our Club’s history (and which was before my time). 
 

Another oft-discussed Cup Winners  Cup game was the footballing lesson we received at UP from Dinamo Tbilisi. Neither game would hold such magical memories if played in a league format.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

One of the most legendary games in our Club’s history (and which was before my time). 
 

Another oft-discussed Cup Winners  Cup game was the footballing lesson we received at UP from Dinamo Tbilisi. Neither game would hold such magical memories if played in a league format.

I was there for both on the night Tbilisi were superb, as good as any team I saw at UP.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 23/05/2021 at 18:08, Leicester Boy said:

I'll take winning the Europa league next year.😁👍

At least you will not be in the Europa Conference League next season 😂

Another meaningless competition to generate TV cash .

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

At least you will not be in the Europa Conference League next season 😂

Another meaningless competition to generate TV cash .

Now that is one I'd want to avoid. 😁

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
24 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Now that is one I'd want to avoid. 😁

The way it is going in a few years my local team Rotherham could qualify for Europe by finishing bottom  of the Championship again.😂

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

The way it is going in a few years my local team Rotherham could qualify for Europe by finishing bottom  of the Championship again.😂

 

Always have hope buddy , in 2009 we won the first division.  

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Anybody who believes that body check from Rudiger on De Bruyne was watching a different game to me.

Lined him up and then 'Have some of that'.  Done it myself by allowing the No. 9 to roll off the No.5 straight into my shoulder on the blind side as he's looking at the kick taker to deliver onto his run. If it's worth a booking the retrospective penalty should also be available irrespective of the  Refs real time decision.

Not as though he's not got previous about dishing out sly digs/foul etc - nearly always with plenty of malice.

By the way - no torch being carried for the Mancs. but thought Chelsea were outstanding from kick-off and deserved to win comfortably.

Also I suffered double blow-out fractures of the eye orbits in a horrific head on car crash whilst working in Germany during 1975 - 2 months after getting married - If De Bruyne makes it to the Euros I'll be amazed - I suffered 7 yrs of surgery and treatment, to get me almost right - Was able to continue playing football by pre-season 75/76 but could never keep wicket again due to the restrictions from the socket / eye muscle damage suffered.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
  1. Leicester Oddfellows Revival
    All About The Soul by martynthejazz on Thu 27 Mar 2008
    • 2 / 634
    • wiganer1 on 27 Mar 2008
  2. Leicester Allnighter Homepage
    All About The Soul by Jim. on Wed 01 Feb 2006
    • 3 / 603
    • Winsford Soul on 02 Feb 2006
  3. Leicester Oddfellows Reunion Badge / Patch 2015
    General Sales by The Tempest on Mon 09 Apr 2018
    • 3 / 697
    • The Tempest on 12 Apr 2018
  4. Record Fair Leicester Aylestone Leisure Centre
    All About The Soul by Tank on Sat 24 Oct 2015
    • 3 / 1348
    • Tank on 24 Oct 2015
  5. News: Oddfellows Reunion - Leicester 25th May 2014
    All About The Soul by albertblue on Tue 21 Jan 2014
    • 1 / 1027
    • albertblue on 21 Jan 2014
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.