Social source share
  • Replies 992
  • Views 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full Time Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool We did well to carve out this historic win, it took a Liverpool goal to shake us up and when Perez, Choudhury and Mendy came on it was like a shot of "RED

Never like to see a poor performance but I think it's been coming. Justin, Maddison, Forfana, Praet all out injured. Barnes, Castagne, Pereira rested and Vardy running on fumes. Schmeichel, Soyun

To be honest - I wouldn’t want any of the so called top 6 to be relegated ... errrrr , well maybe one , but not Arsenal.  But no club has a right to be in the Prem, you must earn it and the weeke

Posted Images

Posted

WOW!
Another top team/squad performance from Brendan Rodgers and the lads, they keep going from strength to strength.

AWESOME!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

4 - 0 City - looking awesome - go top Sunday with a win at home to Wolves - could do with Man City / Liverpool ending  all square - need them to be all dropping points.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Match Day 8 - Sunday 8 Nov

267865626_LCFC96.png.bbbe65435633b49c935da2da7ce41379.png     WOLVES.jpg.bcc03b7e05053739337f77db645e1da0.jpg

Leicester City 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Vardy(pen)

Kick Off 14:00

Line Up
Schmeichel

Evans
Fofana
Fuchs
Justin
Thomas

Tielemans
Mendy
Maddison
Praet

Vardy

Substitutes
Morgan
Albrighton
Ward
Iheanacho
Barnes
Ünder
Choudhury

Always a tough game, if we can keep the recent momentum built up through strong team play then we can win the game.

For me it's a Home Win 2-1.

95864907_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.d372c5d6e40b6386d5a49cdc77e4b3b6.png360089633_BARMAID300.jpg.00c3e2bb534e3782e66d3712bb6ead0b.jpg

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Great penalty save .. 

Would like another draw , but don’t think it will happen . 

Steve why on earth are you worried about us were not gonna win the league. 🤔

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time

Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves

788872346_VARDYPEN.jpg.ee72a2ee60524948c34eee7ada65b615.jpg

Jamie Vardy scores his FIRST EVER goal against Wolves to put City ahead at the break.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
17 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Steve why on earth are you worried about us were not gonna win the league. 🤔

I’m worried about every other team close to us at the mo , because we don’t look great at the back , and can’t always rely on - you score 2 will will score 3/4/5 .

i think it’s going to be a tighter affair than last year for sure but maybe not City that will be close. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Could have done with that second pen rudzy.

Yeah,
Law of averages would suggest you are gonna miss a pen sooner or later.

Liverpool are still favourites for the title - but still early days yet.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

That’s one of the best saves I’ve seen this season. A ball hit with strength and power , what a save .. 

Might be favourites but these are strange times - great , bold starting line up for us . Shows that he going out to win this one . 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

GET IN!

BIG WIN against Wolves put's City top of the table.

Liverpool have a chance to stake their claim to the top position if they beat Man City later today.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Could do with a draw liverpool v man city.😂🙃

You got your wish😃 

City stay top. 😀

Edited by Greedy Mick
  • Listening 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Going to be a close season this ... with a lot more teams in it I think. 

And it’s great to see a team playing attractive football at the top , which Leicester are . 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Going into the International Break City are Top of the Premier League.

A welcome break for most of our players after an amazing run of form winning all of the past 6 matches and only letting in 2 goals.

Leicester's next game is away to Liverpool on 21 November.

WF.jpg.29237e99cd3b747bdfd1e920f5f945c8.jpg
Wesley Fofana is proving to be a very good signing for City.

soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Match Day 9 - Sunday 22 Nov

LIVERPOOL.jpg.24702ce6b4ff593c51a4c34094f775d5.jpg     658911455_LCFC96.png.1a61d1bd25251cece02091c14b1f13e8.png

Liverpool 3 - 0 Leicester City

Evans (og), Jota, Firmino

Kick Off 19:15

Line Up

Schmeichel

Fofana
Evans
Fuchs
Justin

Tielemans
Mendy
Albrighton
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy

Substitutes
Morgan
Ward
Iheanacho
Ünder
Choudhury
Praet
Thomas

Always a tough away fixture, both teams still have key players out through injury.
If we keep playing solid at the back then we can nick a point.

For me it's a DRAW 2-2

293048931_SHOWSTOPPERS.png.e1486f70f8ba40f447219fb242499b7d.png615123638_BARMAID300.jpg.03ef9e9b8b4df808c4913051b2e30ce4.jpg

WIN - LOSE or DRAW

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

LIVERPOOL.jpg.24702ce6b4ff593c51a4c34094f775d5.jpg     658911455_LCFC96.png.1a61d1bd25251cece02091c14b1f13e8.png

Liverpool V Leicester City

Always a tough away fixture, both teams still have key players out through injury.

For me it's a DRAW 2-2

Your predictions are welcome - just for fun.

It's in the stars....the last time Liverpool set the record for home wins, 63, which they now equal, it was ended by Leicester.  Will history repeat?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

It's in the stars....the last time Liverpool set the record for home wins, 63, which they now equal, it was ended by Leicester.  Will history repeat?

Liverpool are still favourites to win this game - but you never know.

GOOD SHOUT CHALKY!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
42 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Foxes for me. Sorry if that puts the mockers on it. Vardy winner 🏆 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Rudzy said:

Liverpool V Leicester City

For me it's a DRAW 2-2

Your predictions are welcome - just for fun.

Take that rudzy, foxestalk full of talk of a big ground expansion after training ground is finished.  Brilliant time to be a city fan.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Why would you want to support Man City ..down in 13th ... 

oh sorry - forgot there was more than one City :) 

2-1 us - Come on you Might Reds 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
40 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Foxes for me. Sorry if that puts the mockers on it. Vardy winner 🏆 

In the "Strange World Of Covid Football" anything is possible.

Thank you for your warm sentiments. 😁

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Why would you want to support Man City ..down in 13th ... 

oh sorry - forgot there was more than one City :)

2-1 us - Come on you Might Reds 

Salah is unavailable Steve, but you have a great player in Fabinho who could start.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We are a weaker side no doubt - but our squad is growing in depth and hopefully in comes Jota .. a match winner .and it’s not just Salah - Mane and Bobby .. 

Just hope for a goodbye end to end game , which I think it will be .. and not overshadow by VAR .. and that’s not Vardy . 

If you see Rebbeca in the crowd  - make sure she’s not texting Coleen  - Wag-Gate 2 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

We are a weaker side no doubt - but our squad is growing in depth and hopefully in comes Jota .. a match winner .and it’s not just Salah - Mane and Bobby .. 

Just hope for a goodbye end to end game , which I think it will be .. and not overshadow by VAR .. and that’s not Vardy . 

If you see Rebbeca in the crowd  - make sure she’s not texting Coleen  - Wag-Gate 2 

CASTAGNE - NDIDI - SOYUNCU - RICARDO are all out for us.

Your strong squad still makes you favourite's though.

Here's to a great game of football - whoever win's goes top above SPURS.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

There's a sound out there from the late 60's 

Album of football songs by Liverpool fans - If you remember Liverpool fans were acknowledged as the originators of many football chants and songs back then. The album contains a few references to Leicester City being a bogey team for the Reds - Big Ron Yeates could never get the better of String the King. Search it out - My elder  brother Andrew was the local wholesaler for TransAtlantic records back then and we had copies in his van. Check it out.

As for tonight - too close to call - heart says City  and an away win would not be a surprise - City need to play with freedom and not over think or be intimidated by the occasion.

Edited by Vadnochka
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Whilst reading previews an interesting stat for Leicester which did surprise me given their form and where they are in the league...

"Leicester City have created the least amount of chances per game from open play in the Premier League this season.

Fewer than Burnley. Fewer than West Brom. But Leicester City are top of the Premier League. Brain frazzled, eh?

Of course, there are many ways to skin a cat in football and winning penalties - Leicester have won seven already this season - is an important skill to possess with VAR in full flow. But a 90-minute average of just 5.1 chances"

I guess it matters not who is favourite when you only need very few chances

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Vadnochka said:

There's a sound out there from the late 60's 

Album of football songs by Liverpool fans - If you remember Liverpool fans were acknowledged as the originators of many football chants and songs back then. The album contains a few references to Leicester City being a bogey team for the Reds - Big Ron Yeates could never get the better of String the King. Search it out - My elder  brother Andrew was the local wholesaler for TransAtlantic records back then and we had copies in his van. Check it out.

As for tonight - too close to call - heart says City  and an away win would not be a surprise - City need to play with freedom and not over think or be intimidated by the occasion.

Yea - I remember it well - and Ron Years nickname was Rowdie - And we used to sing the theme to “ Rawhide “ for him . 

“ Rollin - Rollin - Rollin “ .... 

Just want a good fair game .. no diving , dodgy handballs or men sent off .

Shame no crowd - that’s another man down for us . 

RIP Ray .C .

Fitting tribute to one of our best goalkeepers and the first player G.Twentyman signed for LFC 

Edited by Stevegods
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Whilst reading previews an interesting stat for Leicester which did surprise me given their form and where they are in the league...

"Leicester City have created the least amount of chances per game from open play in the Premier League this season.

Fewer than Burnley. Fewer than West Brom. But Leicester City are top of the Premier League. Brain frazzled, eh?

Of course, there are many ways to skin a cat in football and winning penalties - Leicester have won seven already this season - is an important skill to possess with VAR in full flow. But a 90-minute average of just 5.1 chances"

Regarding the Penalties . . . Jamie Vardy invites defenders to iniate the contact and before you know it - PENALTY.

It's a very clever skill he has perfected (almost a dive).

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Didn't know that , hard to fathom but chances and possession facts are for statisticians the only thing that matters to me are goals for and goals against. Bizarre fact though chalky.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Remember last years joke injury time pen for Liverpool - and Salah's ability to lose height when jumping on contact - I know he's not playing. Just seen the line-ups - cannot see that Liverpool team being able to stop City - famous last words aye.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
35 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

CASTAGNE - NDIDI - SOYUNCU - RICARDO are all out for us.

Your strong squad still makes you favourite's though.

Here's to a great game of football - whoever win's goes top above SPURS.

Leicester will go top with hopefully a win. The dippers are minus 10 goals on spurs. So they definitely won't 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Leicester will go top with hopefully a win. The dippers are minus 10 goals on spurs. So they definitely won't 

Cool,
Just checked you're right goal difference is massive.
It would take a TSUNAMI of goals for Liverpool to go top.

👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
28 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Regarding the Penalties . . . Jamie Vardy invites defenders to iniate the contact and before you know it - PENALTY.

It's a very clever skill he has perfected (almost a dive).

The art of good attacking play...most top attackers do it

23 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Didn't know that , hard to fathom but chances and possession facts are for statisticians the only thing that matters to me are goals for and goals against. Bizarre fact though chalky.

yep bizarre and hard to believe having watched Leicester on the box this year.  Players like Vardy can be quiet all game and all they need is one chance

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Couldn’t happen to a nicer ex Manc - thank you ! 

And Jota -  not much more to say - end to end , but only one end .

Clemo would have saved Jotas header . 

RIP Ray 

Great first half for our reserves 😜

Edited by Stevegods
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Half Time
Liverpool 2 - 0 Leicester

City have had chances but Liverpool deserve the lead at the break - VAR should have awarded us a penalty for hand ball.

2114222939_CENGIZUNDER.jpg.00bb0658d45494503ab26f18b319cb1a.jpg

CENGIZ UNDER can produce a bit of magic when called on.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Couldn’t happen to a nicer ex Manc - thank you ! 

And Jota -  not much more to say - end to end , but only one end .

Clemo would have saved Jotas header . 

RIP Ray 

Great first half for our reserves 😜

JOTA is the real-deal no question.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Rudzy locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Rudzy locked this topic
  • Rudzy unlocked this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source