Bruce Scott - I Made An Angel Cry

So a few years ago I visited my wife’s old employees in Boston USA - they had just moved back there from London

Also present at this gathering was both their sets of parents - one of whom had been a professional dancer in her younger days on the Shivaree Tv Show 

She played me this clip at the times and pointed herself out - Dark hair girl left hand side of singer - anyway I really liked this track - having never heard it before , picked up a copy for a dollar and that was that - stuck it in the box 

Fast forward a few years and am listening to the latest Pete Smith beat ballad compilation on Mixcloud and on it comes ! 

Has this been getting plays as I have never heard it or seen it anywhere - do’s / podcasts / sales lists , etc and genuinely thought it was an unknown and well under the radar ? 

What’s your thoughts - bubblegum pop or blue eyed soul ? 

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

4 hours ago, The Yank said:

It's not the same Bruce Scott- this singer is from New York City. 

Thanks.  I knew he was too young, and am almost 100% sure that The Bruce Scott who worked mostly in Detroit, but also a little in Chicago, was an African-American.  I think I've seen him in a few photos, too.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 00:32, Benji said:

White boy mixes pop with a bit of R&B to make it 'hip' for the teens.

'Once A Thief, Twice A Thief' played on the Northern scene, also 'You Can't Lose Something You Never Had' was a version of a tune released on a Kent Anniversary 45 by 'Chubby Checker'. Both these are on his LP..

bc.jpg

Edited by Soul-slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!