Johnny Nash RIP

Another sad loss Always admired his records since buying the amazing " Love ain`t nothing " on release on Pye International here in the UK I am a sucker for cover versions and although not really our style of music he did my favourite version of " Ole man river " Hugely influential artist R I P Mr Nash

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Sad news-a versatile artist indeed; as well as his own nice records, he produced and/or arranged quite a few gems for others- the two fine Sam & Bill 45's on Joda, 'Fly Me To The Moon/Treat Me Right and 'For Your Love',Gloria Gaynor's 60's debut 'She'll Be Sorry' and  Howard Tate's 'Reaction' LP 

Social source share

14 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Just seen it reported he passed yesterday.

A man of many talents. RIP

I can see clearly now was a revelation tune.

As i got into the scene, this always stood out

Ed

I picked up an issue copy of this on recommendation by @Eddie Hubbard without hearing it, when looking through some records at a soul night quite some years back. Agree, amongst many other fine records he made, this one is a really good one that is worth a listen - and a dance.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tobytyke said:

Johnny Nash  released many great soul singles throughout  the 60s. The hard to find ep which came out here on RCA in 64 containing What kind of love is this,Deep in the heart of Harlem,was excellent.

We're lucky enough to have the Presenting Johnny Nash e.p. It really is an excellent release with all four tracks quite superb...so much more than just What kind of love is this.

Social source share

All of the above.  Also seem to remember this from the Stafford / early 100 Club era..

There's also a good one written by Bunny Sigler/Ron Tyson  ('I'm Comin' Home in The Morning') on his charity shop staple 'Tears on My Pillow' LP but amazingly, it's not on YouTube.

Edited by Joesoap
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!