Four Perfections instro on Cream

Patto

• Replies 2
  • Views 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

9 hours ago, Patto said:

I Have just put a want up in Sales for this.Just to make sure was the 1976 cream copy the first legit appearence of tge instrumental cut

Thanks

Hi Patto

Yes , 100% first legit issue on Cream. The instrumental was mixed at Grand Prix studios in Philly specially for release on Cream Records. The mixing , by Walt Khan, gave the track a stronger sound ,especially bringing the sax part out front. I've often wondered who the saxophone player was as it has a Mike Terry feel to it. 

There is more about the record in the article - Mocha and Cream-The Global Records Story posted by Mark Windle in April.

Rick

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Cooper said:

Hi Patto

Yes , 100% first legit issue on Cream. The instrumental was mixed at Grand Prix studios in Philly specially for release on Cream Records. The mixing , by Walt Khan, gave the track a stronger sound ,especially bringing the sax part out front. I've often wondered who the saxophone player was as it has a Mike Terry feel to it. 

There is more about the record in the article - Mocha and Cream-The Global Records Story posted by Mark Windle in April.

Rick

Thanks Rick thats the copy im after

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!