Onyx - Help Me - 7" Vinyl (Previously Un-issued)

S&m

ONYX - HELP ME / SPELLBOUND (PREVIOUSLY UN-ISSUED) - 7" VINYL - PRE-ORDER

The group “Onyx” was formed in 1972 the members were Aaron and Wendell Basey, Malvin Scott, and Ronald Busby. Ronald left the group to pursue other interests and was replaced by Cornelius Weekly.
We were reared in the San Francisco Bay Area, specifically Oakland and Alameda, California. We grew up singing in our School and Church Choirs. We all began singing in quartets while we were teenagers in Junior High School. Malvin sang in the group Morry Williams and the Kids. They had a national hit titled “Are You, My GirlFriend.” The Basey brothers sang with several groups in California, none with any recording history. The Basey’s were the founding members of the soul group Natural Four. After that, along with Malvin, they started the singing group “Onyx.”

Later, the Basey Brothers started their own label NIA. The name NIA was selected for, in the Swahili language, the word NIA means purpose. The first song recorded by Onyx on the NIA label was “Break It Loose.”

They subsequently recorded the songs “Time Take me Back,” and “Keep on Waiting.” Other songs were recorded but never released, “Help Me,” “Give a Little Bit,” and “Spellbound.”

FULL INFO & SOUND BITES - https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product/onyx-help-me-spellbound-7-vinyl-pre-order-in-stock-13-11-20/

IN STOCK - 13/11/20 - PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY NOW FOR DELIVERY AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE.

ALL NEW 7" VINYL RELEASES - https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-category/vinyl-singles/vinyl-singles-soul-rb-jazz-house-7-singles/

SIMPLY SOUL MAIL ORDER - ESSENTIAL SOULFUL GROOVES !!

SDE53 Onyx Help me jpg.jpg

SDE53 Onyx Spellbound jpg.jpg

Edited by S&m
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images