Photo rules on Discogs

Posted (edited)

theres no fool like an old fool.....me........read the following

from me

not happy....the ps you sent had a sticker mark over dustys face.....you used a stock photo of a perfect one..unforgiveable...ill be giving you negative feedback and warn other Soul Source members of your unacceptable sharp business practice

from Max Rees

Firstly this items sleeve was given a g+ grading which is a red flag for us all that the sleeve will be be far from perfect. Also it is clearly stated in the description that RESSIDUE stains are evident It is part of my terms that all my records are guarenteed if returned immediately, This message is the first I have heard after some considerable time. Furthermore it’s true to say that most photos on Discogs are perfect examples usually submitted by someone else not me Personally I feel obtaining this extremely rare record with a perfect picture sleeve at that price is highly and overly optimistic

Print

from me

i looked at the photo and thought ............thats not too bad............in my experience most sales photos are not submitted by someone else....40 years of collecting 45s and ive been ripped off.....ah well..............i did e mail a few days ago btw

Edited by Platters 81
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 7
  • Views 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i sent this message to Max Rees   i was unaware that you cant change the photo from the stock one on the listing.....sincere apologiesl

How can you see a photo of the item unless he emailed it to you.All discogs photos are stock photos uploaded to show you what sleeve it should be.Not the actual item.Have you asked for a refund and be

I thought everyone who buys off discogs realised that the photos used are stock .That is why there is a description column for sleeve grading .If I bought one that said G+ I wouldn't be expecting anyt

Posted

How can you see a photo of the item unless he emailed it to you.All discogs photos are stock photos uploaded to show you what sleeve it should be.Not the actual item.Have you asked for a refund and been refused ? 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Max is one of the most trustworthy and likeable people on this planet and a highly respected DJ on the "black music" scene ... not to mention being one of my oldest friends , his reputation is second to none.

He has had some very serious health issues in the recent past which has affected his Discogs activity , but he is well on the way to recovery.

I would suggest against a continued attack on here as Max is not here to defend himself .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I thought everyone who buys off discogs realised that the photos used are stock .That is why there is a description column for sleeve grading .If I bought one that said G+ I wouldn't be expecting anything more than that

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Platters 81 said:

i sent this message to Max Rees

i was unaware that you cant change the photo from the stock one on the listing.....sincere apologiesl

good to hear this is sorted

do you want this post removed or title edited?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

a friend who sells on discogs sent this

You can only sell a record on Discogs if it’s on their database, and there’s usually a photo with the entry. You can add a record if it’s not on the database, or add a photo to an entry that doesn’t have one. The main thing is to be sure you pick the exact version when there’s more than one

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Discogs Page Updated ,aprox 20 Nm Discogs Lps
    Sale Websites by recordlurv on Thu 23 Nov 2017
    • 1 / 321