Premier League: Radical reform

Posted
8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

So agree. The schools fairly local to me here in Manchester have today sent the kids on free school meals home with a hamper to help them get through the half term. Its fuckin heartbreaking that we have come to this as supposedly one of the richest countries in the world.  ( I've deleted the rest of my post out of respect for Mike and this site. ) 

Lots of this kind of thing happening all over the country it’s good it’s happening but it shouldn’t have to and it’s passing the book instead of taking responsibility.

a beach cafe we use on holiday have offered to provide meals for kids in Falmouth and now have got locals involved with fundraising to support them.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 87
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't be for friendlies, it is for the European midweek league that has been spoken of for years now. Only the top six will get a say in the running of the league, no more one club one vote, h

I agree with Karl definitely a “ power grab “ for Rick Parry who’s interests and intentions need to be questioned . It all sounds incredibly elitist and a power move to placate the lower divisions who

Parry would praise Liverpool and Man U for this plan and give it his backing, he was the one who started it three years ago.  He also comes out of this looking like the saviour of the Football league

Posted Images

Posted
3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

All leicester city fans groups have stated they hope all our fans boycott ppv and donate to various charities instead. This greed must be stopped. 

There's a petition on line regarding the mp,s who all get free lunch and dinners in Westminster and claim expenses for when they eat out elsewhere 

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-mps-entitlement-to-free-work-meals?bucket=&source=whatsapp-share-button&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=whatsapp&share=350bbcf0-bcd7-4f30-b07a-c662c5757e14

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

So agree. The schools fairly local to me here in Manchester have today sent the kids on free school meals home with a hamper to help them get through the half term. Its fuckin heartbreaking that we have come to this as supposedly one of the richest countries in the world.  ( I've deleted the rest of my post out of respect for Mike and this site. ) 

Likewise Steve , 

I have persuaded our SLT and Head to extend our free school meal voucher scheme that we where offering during lockdown. So over the next week of half term , parents where given Morrison vouchers. They can only be exchanged for food , so hopefully no abuse of the system which did happen when we stated the scheme back in March . This is coming out of our own budget , but well worth it . 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

All leicester city fans groups have stated they hope all our fans boycott ppv and donate to various charities instead. This greed must be stopped. 

I must have missed something - as I only found out about this when I looked at today’s schedule and saw our match was PPV - what a @@@@@@ rip off . 

This is all spiralling out of control during COVID .. while fans don’t really have a voice .. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

I must have missed something - as I only found out about this when I looked at today’s schedule and saw our match was PPV - what a @@@@@@ rip off . 

This is all spiralling out of control during COVID .. while fans don’t really have a voice .. 

Exactly,our game at arsenal is ppv tomorrow, every chance that would have been a normal sky game , the whole thing stinks of benefiting from a pandemic, I'll remember this when its time to renew sky.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

There's a petition on line regarding the mp,s who all get free lunch and dinners in Westminster and claim expenses for when they eat out elsewhere 

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-mps-entitlement-to-free-work-meals?bucket=&source=whatsapp-share-button&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=whatsapp&share=350bbcf0-bcd7-4f30-b07a-c662c5757e14

In football terms what an own goal, didn't vote for boris to see ONE hungry kid , sawdust for brains and rocks for hearts some people.  Well done to rashford. 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Steve.  Hope you're safe and well mate.  Fans do have a choice.  Dont renew your sky package and refuse to ppv.  Always Internet for streaming games, even if the commentary is in Arabic or something,  just turn the sound off 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

In football terms what an own goal, didn't vote for boris to see ONE hungry kid , sawdust for brains and rocks for hearts some people.  Well done to rashford. 

Boris is a poor journalist sacked twice for lying but got job as PM by saying he would get brexit done.

if you think it’s bad now wait till next year.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Exactly,our game at arsenal is ppv tomorrow, every chance that would have been a normal sky game , the whole thing stinks of benefiting from a pandemic, I'll remember this when its time to renew sky.

But it wasn't a normal sky game that's why its PPV.  The PPV matches are the ones not selected for Sky (or BT?) and that schedule was done before PPV was decided.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

But it wasn't a normal sky game that's why its PPV.  The PPV matches are the ones not selected for Sky (or BT?) and that schedule was done before PPV was decided.

Was PPV on extra games something that existed before this season or before covid ?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

if ya can take any out and out political talk that goes beyond ppv and covid to

it be appreciated

cheers

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Was PPV on extra games something that existed before this season or before covid ?

New to me if it is. It used to be just boxing that was ppv, rip off regardless 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

New to me if it is. It used to be just boxing that was ppv, rip off regardless 

Yes I don’t remember it prior to this and yes it is a rip off.

Kiss of death for grealish I put him into my fantasy football team yesterday and they loose 3-0 at home....

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

These games are only on PPV because of covid.

You cannot expect anyone to broadcast games free of charge , these games are put on additional  to the subscription  games , it is not only Sky who are profiting from this but the clubs also .

Got to agree about the price though too pricy and you would have thought more games could have been put on by the terrestrial channels but that would have meant some intervention from this feeble government and they do not give a f**I.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

You could watch a premier league match via NowTV for a tenner before covid so why are PPV more expensive?  I personally wouldn't give sky sports any of my money, Radio 5 live etc for me.

32 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Sort of, you could buy a weekend pass or even a pass for a game on NowTV but they have brought this in since Covid

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

As long as they don’t start charging for the sat afternoon show where the scores come in.  That’s still a good entertaining watch.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
52 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Thats quite possible but if this takes off the process will become irreversible.  The way it will work is for example Burnley  v wba would be the scheduled game and liverpool v man city becomes ppv and so on. Its a slow drawn pull in like the boxing has become, any decent fight you pay for.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Thats quite possible but if this takes off the process will become irreversible.  The way it will work is for example Burnley  v wba would be the scheduled game and liverpool v man city becomes ppv and so on. Its a slow drawn pull in like the boxing has become, any decent fight you pay for.

It is up to fans not to allow it to take off but most clubs have their own channel now and they will show their matches some time in the future whether this works now or not.  Personally I wouldn't give the PL or Sky my money, not even if Wednesday make it up some time.

Edited by Chalky
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Chalky said:

It is up to fans not to allow it to take off but most clubs have their own channel now and they will show their matches some time in the future whether this works now or not.  Personally I wouldn't give the PL or Sky my money.

In many ways my happiest days following leicester were in the lower leagues. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

PPV is nothing new, it has ben around in other sports for years.  Its is only the collective bargaining done by the PL that has stopped it being used in football.  Clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea could make more money going alone and forgetting the clubs like Burnley, West Brom etc who lets admit it, they are just not an attractive proposition to the neutral if they were given a choice.  

Sometime soon the top clubs will go their own way and screen their matches on their own channels.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Chalky said:

PPV is nothing new, it has ben around in other sports for years.  Its is only the collective bargaining done by the PL that has stopped it being used in football.  Clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea could make more money going alone and forgetting the clubs like Burnley, West Brom etc who lets admit it, they are just not an attractive proposition to the neutral if they were given a choice.  

Sometime soon the top clubs will go their own way and screen their matches on their own channels.

Karl. You can watch United matches on MUTV  after a certain time has passed  from the match ending.  MUTV is a subscription channel . 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Karl. You can watch United matches on MUTV  after a certain time has passed  from the match ending.  MUTV is a subscription channel . 

Yes think one or two others do the same but won't be too many years before they screen them Live.....

The scrapping of the collective TV rights deal has been sounded out in the past

Edited by Chalky
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I'm happy to pay a tenner to see championship games....

Its only possible because of covid unless you were out of the UK previously.

It won't be enough though to save football league teams.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Very true , I loved boxing but when the ppv came along it lost me and lots of other fans and football will do the same if  it comes to it , I will find something else to do rather than pay pay pay . There’s only so much one can take ! 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

There's a cracking UFC PPV on today - but it could all be over in 10 minutes.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje at UFC 254

😄

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 24/10/2020 at 11:55, Winsford Soul said:

Steve.  Hope you're safe and well mate.  Fans do have a choice.  Dont renew your sky package and refuse to ppv.  Always Internet for streaming games, even if the commentary is in Arabic or something,  just turn the sound off 

Well Steve , I downgraded my Sky package and cancelled my BT before this season started to be honest , and tried to stream the game yesterday but the buffering was horrendous, so  ended up watching Liverpool Fan YouTube commentary - that was a different experience , and another good comeback . 

And great win for Khabib - and then he retires , I know he said it was because if his Dad , but there’s a comeback fight with lots of money - McGregor - “Unfinished Business 2 “ or maybe he can take on Money boy Mayweather     

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 24/10/2020 at 11:55, Winsford Soul said:

or go and watch grass roots or non league (if any around)

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Well Steve , I downgraded my Sky package and cancelled my BT before this season started to be honest , and tried to stream the game yesterday but the buffering was horrendous, so  ended up watching Liverpool Fan YouTube commentary - that was a different experience , and another good comeback . 

And great win for Khabib - and then he retires , I know he said it was because if his Dad , but there’s a comeback fight with lots of money - McGregor - “Unfinished Business 2 “ or maybe he can take on Money boy Mayweather     

I have never had the sky package but I like you cancelled BT but 2 season back.  Really can't be bothered about watching United,  I haven't even tried streaming any games yet.  I had a United fans app that could guarantee a match with English commentary but you got bombarded with spam when the match wasn't on, so I deleted it and now its blocked for new users.  If I had kept it I would have been fine ..  but hey ho.  Never been a boxing or whatever McGregor does fan so I won't ever miss that. 

6 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Got a few mates who go and watch FC United and its about 5 minutes drive away so might have a look. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Much as we support our teams through thick and thin, I would not pay PPV fees. Partly because I don't like the way my team is playing (tactics). Boring as hell to watch, I can make do with MOTD highlights.    

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I have Sky (keep sports mainly for Cricket & Golf to be honest) and BT sports packages still, mainly because I have managed to negotiate prices by threatening to leave on a number of occasions.  As the games are so mad so far this season, sticking with it, also my team West Ham are playing above expectations at the moment. 

However, normally watch my home team Aldershot National League, but unable to do so due to no fans.  Can't be bothered to drive to any of other the local teams, in the tiers below.  Have watched sunday league/ladies/kids games in the park over the road, when really bored!

Fully agree never paying PPV for anything, until the time comes that it is the only/cheapest option.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Reading between the lines Khabib's retirement (rest) will open the door for Mcgregor to step back into the limelight.

Also they have run out of realistic contenders to match the awesome power of Khabib who must be the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, Chalky said:

I did try that Karl - and went to watch Barnet in the conference - but they change £21 to go see conference footy - wouldn’t mind £10 or even £15 - must check out Borehamwood or some smaller clubs .. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

I did try that Karl - and went to watch Barnet in the conference - but they change £21 to go see conference footy - wouldn’t mind £10 or even £15 - must check out Borehamwood or some smaller clubs .. 

They should significantly cut the prices they could get more people in and take just as much cash on the gate and more on food sales and create a better atmosphere.

at that price you can pay a bit more and watch championship or possibly prem

Edited by Dylan
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They should significantly cut the prices they could get more people in and take just as much cash on the gate and more on food sales and create a better atmosphere.

at that price you can pay a bit more and watch championship or possibly prem

My season ticket at the kp works out at about £23 a game. 21 for conference is scandalous, should be £10 max.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
53 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

£21 for conference level is barmy

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

My season ticket at the kp works out at about £23 a game. 21 for conference is scandalous, should be £10 max.

23 a game for prem is good value I wouldn’t mind paying that.

high prices in the lower leagues is one of the reasons I stopped going so often and slowly over the years i’ve gone less and less.

season tickets and family season tickets with a junior do make it much more realistic if you can commit to going and with so many mid week games now even that becomes a hassle.  If it were all Saturdays I’d be far more tempted.

Edited by Dylan
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Dora Hall-hoochi Koochi....on Premier 161
    Record Wants by the dukester on Thu 04 Oct 2012