New CD

Full title: "Hello Heartbreaker: Uptown Soul from Scepter, Musicor and Wand". At the heart of New York's 1960s music scene were the Scepter/Wand and Musicor labels, revered for their dramatic, lavishly-produced Big City brand of Soul Music. Here are 28 of their finest recordings, spanning chart hits to rarities, with 14 songs new to CD. 1.Jack Montgomery - Dearly Beloved 2.Dean Parrish - Bricks Broken Bottles And Sticks 3.The Demotrons - Brother, Where Are You? 4.Marie Knight - Cry Me A River 5.Bobby Hebb - I Love Mary 6.Lenny Miles - In Between Tears 7.The Tabs - Two Stupid Feet (Alternate) 8.The Shirelles - I'm Yours 9.Big Maybelle - Only You 10.Nella Dodds - You Don't Love Me Anymore 11.The Inspirations - Love Can Be So Wonderful 12.Lois Lane - My Only Prayer 13.Maxine Brown - I Don't Need Anything 14.Jimmy Radcliffe - Through A Long And Sleepless Night (Alternate) 15.Roscoe Robinson - A Thousand Rivers 16.Ronnie Milsap - Never Had It So Good 17.Chuck Jackson - I Need You 18.J. Barnes - Hey Child I Love You 19.Little Charles & The Sidewinders - Hello Heartbreaker (Extended) 20.Tommy Hunt - The Biggest Man 21.Porgy & The Monarchs - Think Twice Before You Walk Away 22.Alan Bruce - Where Do We Go From Here 23.Judy Clay - Turn Back The Time 24.The Toys - Try To Get You Out Of My Heart 25.The Chancellors - Sad Avenue (Extended) 26.Tony Drake - She's Gone 27.The Diplomats - Accept Me 28.Kenny Ballard & The Fabulous Soul Brothers - There Will Never Be Another You

Social source share

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Different territory rules apply. Like back in the 70s when We sometimes bought imports at a higher price because we didn’t want to wait for the UK release. 
in reality no one will care about this release- if it was Beyoncé there’d be hell on. 

:D

Big Maybelle beats Beyoncé for me!

And I can recommend the album for anyone who's interested :yes:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!