Mobiles - iPhone 12, 11, Pixel, Samsung and so on...

Posted

Be at that every 2 or so years point in time, where need to decide the 'do I go for a new phone' point in time

Been a pixel man for last couple of years now, feel nothing much to be gained by upgrading to the latest pixel, so was just going to go for a sim only cheap living spell, but then the new iPhone 12 has started looking very tempting...

whatcha reckon ?

what's your next mobile plans, stay with what you got, upgrade or what?

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 9
  • Views 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got the S10 when it first came out and prob cost fat end of a grand on contract.  Sure it's a fraction of that now the S20 is out.  Really good phone as WS says. I would defo buy again. 

Posted

I am going to buy outright SIM only next....prob a 1 year old model. 

I don't think you get too much extra, getting the next 'must have new shiney' for the cost. 

I am very happy with Samsung (currently on S10) but it doesn't do much more than my old S8 did (Mrs has that now). 

Re Apple. I am not on their ecosystem for anything, so tend to avoid their products. I think you either go Apple for everything or don't bother. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mike. I have recently upgraded from a Galaxy S7 to the S10 . Which 12 months ago was the Samsung flagship phone.  The current one is the S20 in all its many  versions.  I seriously cannot fault it.  And because it is the previous generation phone there's some good deals to be had mate. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Mike. I have recently upgraded from a Galaxy S7 to the S10 . Which 12 months ago was the Samsung flagship phone.  The current one is the S20 in all its many  versions.  I seriously cannot fault it.  And because it is the previous generation phone there's some good deals to be had mate. 

I got the S10 when it first came out and prob cost fat end of a grand on contract. 

Sure it's a fraction of that now the S20 is out. 

Really good phone as WS says. I would defo buy again. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I resisted the iPhone for many years but eventually got an 8 last year, which has been great.

My favourite phone for ease of use prior to the iPhone was a Samsung, but that was before Samsung switched to Android, which I used in a couple of Samsung phones until I gave up and went for the Apple. 

It's unlikely there's much difference pixel wise between an iPhone 12 and the latest Samsung, the picture quality will be tip top either way. Both firms produce stylish hardware. For me it was the operating system that decided it.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just this week I upgraded my aged iPhone 5, which I'd had for a good few years, and now have an iPhone 8.

As my call usage is pretty minimal (I tend to message rather than chat), I don't see any point in spending a small fortune on an up-to-date device.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
42 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

used to have a samsung 7 Steve

but never got the compatibility was really after with pc, tv, tablet etc so went with pixel/google but that was a bit disappointing as well

though samsung are doing some things with windows now, so that may be worth a look

25 minutes ago, Fish Fingers said:

If you are on Apple ecosystem then I would think the iPhone is the way to go. 

yep agree with that, though nowadays maybe a bit different if you are using mixed os's with the rise of apps 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike said:

used to have a samsung 7 Steve

but never got the compatibility was really after with pc, tv, tablet etc so went with pixel/google but that was a bit disappointing as well

though samsung are doing some things with windows now, so that may be worth a look

yep agree with that, though nowadays maybe a bit different if you are using mixed os's with the rise of apps 

Mike. I also have a Samsung smart TV which I can pair with the phone , no problems , not tried the laptop with the TV as my old laptop is not Bluetooth and I can't be bothered with a Bluetooth dongle,  yet 😀 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I have a iPhone 7 which I changed to sim only about 2 years ago so no contract anymore Will wait a bit now and go for a newer model possibly 10   not paying for the 12 Too expensive 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Contact Email Or Mobiles Please For
    All About The Soul by PaulDonnelly on Fri 31 Aug 2007
    • 1 / 433