Will covid spell the end of the nostalgia scene?

Geeselad

I was talking to a cleaner today, a lovely lady who was often a regular at the wheel revival sessions, in Manchester and assorted local soul events. Point is, she said she couldn't see the time when she's be out dancing again. Given the older demographic of the crowd, and, I might suggest, less real dedication from some members of the fraternity, could the pandemic put a end to countless oldies events appealing to the less musically discerning 

members of our beloved soul family. 🤔😂😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Once the resturants and cafes opened again after lockdown, lot's of elderly people were back to them. 

So it may be the same with the venues.  Only difference is, they may all be dancing with face masks on!

The only way it is going to get back to normal is if a Covid 19 vaccine is developed against it.

Social source share

It's like being in a film it really is - I spoke to a lady about it all yesterday, and she very nearly burst in to tears bless her (I don't think the tears were just because I spoke to her) I said to her that it is difficult for everyone, but we're not at war, so we have to stay as positive as possible.

Ref this thread (and 'tuther one) Obviously it's a guessing game at this stage, but the longer it goes on, we will see the inevitable result relating.

Things will be different for us that's for sure, and we will all appreciatte each other that bit more than we did I recon :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

When they get a vaccine sorted (and I am an optimist here as so many people around the world are working on this. It must happen) things will likely get back to a 'new normal' very quickly. 

You only had to see what happened in June to August (in those halcyon days when the virus dipped) how quickly life reverted back, as lockdown was eased. 

I think the worrying thing, is that the longer it takes to get everyone vaccinated, the harder it will be to revert back to old ways, as people will have adapted and changed their lifestyle. After all, humans are creatures of habit and if old habits are lost, new ones are made. 

But.... these are people who have a lifetime of loving soul music and it always being a major part of their lives. It's possibly the one thing they want back more than anything. 

So cautiously optimistic from me.

Social source share

I’m only messing , I also do like to go out , I have things in my world other than work  , I know we are missing our normal , but I  know if we are patient  it will  get to a point again 

even if it takes 4 or 5 years 

I’m not worried, I will still be listening to Ray Barretto , Darrow Fletcher and Tony Middleton , instead of capital radio

It all still means something  to me , nothings changed 

moss

Edited by Gaz T
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!