Original Eddie parker

Timbob

Hi people lookin for help determining weather my Eddie parker love you baby is an original,guy I bought it off years ago sold me a lot of records he had bought from manship. Raresoul 45ssold a boot lately and said it depended on the size of the archer stamp,but I had read somewhere that original had s www symbol in the dead wax,thanks for any help,sorry if this as been discussed before

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Timbob said:

Hi people lookin for help determining weather my Eddie parker love you baby is an original,guy I bought it off years ago sold me a lot of records he had bought from manship. Raresoul 45ssold a boot lately and said it depended on the size of the archer stamp,but I had read somewhere that original had s www symbol in the dead wax,thanks for any help,sorry if this as been discussed before

Not sure about s www symbol,but the original 60s first press has the Large Archer stamp as apposed to the small archer on the 70s reissue. This has always been the case. The original first press by the way is quite tough to obtain. Chris. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

38 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Cheers ,the one I've got must be something else coz it ain't got an archer stamp large or small just this three m's or w's in a design one on its side with one above the other

The one you have with no Archer stamp, but has the 3 www's is an early 70's USA repress. 

This one was supposed to have been done with Lorraine Chandlers involvement. Not sure how true that is.

All you really need to know is that the original demo and original issue have a Large ARCHER stamp.   (Not an small archer that runs downhill etc)

Any copy without the large ARCHER, is not an original first issue.

Edited by Halogen
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert