EXPERTS..MY LOVE IS REAL

Patto

Brings to mind my copy on pink Jo By.

Fairly used, got it from the States years ago, but if you look on the B side, you can see another label underneath!!! A red coloured label. It's sort of lifted a bit but I dare not lift it to see what it is!! Weird....

IMG_0528.thumb.JPG.9334022bb5b941c39e7b587bf2ecfd2f.JPGIMG_0529.thumb.JPG.decc1c054b5d0a75677691ee9f275ed1.JPG

EDIT: I just looked on 45cat and can see the same side as mine with the red label underneath...https://www.45cat.com/record/e500 

Edited by Soul-slider
Social source share

3 hours ago, Patto said:

So is the Jo By the local release and the Tag the national.I know the Jo By is more dosh but to be honest i have seen more of these than the Tag ones.

That happens often when several full boxes are much later found at distributors' warehouses.  I was living in L.A. in 1967, but traveled all over USA, and can tell you that the Tag copies were always ever-present during the '67-'72, and the Jo By copies were rare.

Social source share

20 hours ago, The Yank said:

I like the label credits on the Jo-By copy- the writer (Joel Turnero) and the Supervisor 

(Skip Layne) are the same person.

JT.jpg

Wow - the death notices include Scott LaRock... here is a memorial pic of him on the back cover of Eric B and Rakim "Follow the Leader"

Follow+the+Leader+back.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!