Articles: A Review of Dave Godin A Northern Soul Book

Dim

Excellent review Damian, your words expressed my thoughts as well. Dave was definitely a complex character with varied interests and views. Knowing of him for many years, but not knowing him personally, I found the book an excellent read. The contributions from others were often entertaining, and probably brutally honest as well at times. As I mentioned to the author some months ago when ordering the book I first got to know about Dave when he arrived at the Anvil, and it was a local newspaper article about this time that happened to mention his link with Northern Soul that informed me about his past exploits. The book fleshed out what little I knew, and gave me a whole new insight into the man. Living in Sheffield I did go to the Anvil once or twice, but simply don't recollect ever seeing Dave there. The book is excellent, and should be required reading for anyone interested in finding out more about a fascinating man.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

WOW! A very positive review! There is no doubt had Godin been a prominent supporter of Rock Music he would be a household name. At the very least the man deserves to be memorialised through a TV documentary that will stand as a recognition of his role as the UK's Soul Maven. This book might just be the catalyst...

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!