Poll: Battle of the Sides - Lil Major Williams

Mike

Lil Major Williams - Battle of the Sides   

1. 1. Which side of Lil Major Williams ?

• Girl (You're So Sweet, You're So Fine)
    • Girl Don't Leave Me

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 09/11/20 at 08:49

over to the members for this one

@Douglaschip dropped this message 

Lil Major Williams how about a next poll on this superb two sider / two labels as well.  Should be interesting  - my opinion changes daily!!

so here you go ....

Lil Major Williams - Girl (You're So Sweet, You're So Fine)

Lil Major Williams - Girl Don't Leave Me

soul-source-polls.jpg

There you go, #2 in our battle of the sides 

thanks to @Douglaschip for the suggestion

to take part all you need to do is just... make a choice, vote and comment

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Ladymidnight said:

IMO this is a good example of a record that’s brilliant despite a less than brilliant singer. Both sides are among my favourites since I first heard them.

Agreed with that side, I think I read the singer was only 15 when recorded so probably accounts for its "thin" feel....

Mark T

Social source share

Just a quick story on this 45.

Many years ago I was dealing with a guy in the US using lists he sent me. They had a whole mix of 45's in every genre not just soul. 

I was out one night and Dave Welding was DJ'ing and played this covered up. Obviously he wouldn't say what it was but eventually it came out probably a couple of years after. 

Thinking back to my lists I realized it had been listed on there, so I got straight back in touch with the dealer, only to be told he had 4 copies which had been sold to a UK dealer.  

These were probably the copies that went out to the big names who began to play it also.

Andy

Social source share

11 hours ago, Ladymidnight said:

IMO this is a good example of a record that’s brilliant despite a less than brilliant singer. Both sides are among my favourites since I first heard them.

Absolutely spot on - both sound much better out on a sound system with a full dancefloor!!!  Hopefully something we can appreciate all the more in the not too distant future.  

Stay safe folks!!  Adam

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I first heard Girl Don't Leave Me, think it was posted on here several years ago, thought it was great, then I heard Girl You're So Sweet and it knocked me out, fantastic imo. So it's Girl You're So Sweet for me, the intro makes my legs want to head for the dance floor.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!