News: New 45 - Rose Marie McCoy & Helen Miller - North Broad St Records

Mike

wow blown away with the interest in this proper Northern soul  mid tempo monster, the type of tune we have all ended our sets with, big hand claps and totally glued to the dance floor to the end,  pure northern soul at its very very best magical  tune, Both side unreleased  just like the first release,  we give two magical  unreleased tracks  with a bruce cloud on the flip, click on the link to grab your copy now on pre release. www.northbroadst.co.uk.thank you for all your support on the last release and now this cracking tune,

Colin law / Johnny buckley 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Windlesoul said:

I provided this article on North Broad St. Records for Howard Earnshaw's Soul Up North magazine (October 2020); introducing Colin, John and the label's activities. May be of interest:

https://windlefreelance.com/2020/10/12/introducing-north-broad-street-records/

So, as I had guessed, The Rose Marie McCoy recording was a demo to try to sell the song to a Record Company, but, unfortunately, we don't know who financed the demo.

Social source share

On 06/11/2020 at 18:56, Robbk said:

So, as I had guessed, The Rose Marie McCoy recording was a demo to try to sell the song to a Record Company, but, unfortunately, we don't know who financed the demo.

unfortunately not,  that is why we have hooked up with mind uk to donate money to a mental health charity. The acetate in question was handed personally to a very good friend of mines she could not remember who sang it either, so we credited it to Rose and Helen which we felt was only right.o and yes it was a demo for other artists. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!