Ralph Soul Jackson SOB

Dylan

I noticed a lot of copies of let your sweet love are on discogs cheap.

I'm a little out of touch with this 45 did it get a repress or did a lot of original copies come to the market ?

if it is repressed how do you tell an original from a repress ?

thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

As good as some may think it is, the record has been in my sales box for three years and it has slowly come down to that exact price you mentioned because nobody wants it. I have had it over fifteen years so doubt mine is any kind of re issue. That's not to say the copies you have seen are original copies, as some really odd things have found a the re issue market.Supply and demand is the likely answer.

Social source share

7 hours ago, Still Diggin said:

As good as some may think it is, the record has been in my sales box for three years and it has slowly come down to that exact price you mentioned because nobody wants it. I have had it over fifteen years so doubt mine is any kind of re issue. That's not to say the copies you have seen are original copies, as some really odd things have found a the re issue market.Supply and demand is the likely answer.

It took me a few years to find a copy.  I did then find a second copy which I easily sold quickly for around 150gbp.  All this was probably between 2000 and 2010.

I suspect these are some kind of legitimate copies that have been done later but I just don’t know so wanted to see what others thought.  The font on the labels looks a bit thinner possibly?

I love the record it’s fantastic.

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Still Diggin said:

It is a nice 45 for sure, so perhaps the wrong noses have been in the sales box!.If we do get let out in the end I will look out for other copies to compare.

Andy

It could just simply be that a lot of stock was found.

A lot of collectors who want records for the dance floor won’t care for it so may only want it for a low price and don’t think it deserves a premium.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!