Simply Nigella soundtrack

Posted

Just caught this on BBC2, a repeat from 2015. What a great set of sounds. Opens up with Jimmey Soul Clark. Plenty of Motown. A bit of crossover. Some nice moody numbers.  Hats off to the Beeb for employing someone who knows their music. Catch up on it it if you can.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 28
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think it was a backing track to this - or just the intro.  

Blimey, tonight's episode ended with Make Me Yours.

Posted
1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Just caught this on BBC2, a repeat from 2015. What a great set of sounds. Opens up with Jimmey Soul Clark. Plenty of Motown. A bit of crossover. Some nice moody numbers.  Hats off to the Beeb for employing someone who knows their music. Catch up on it it if you can.

Watch it every week.  Fantastic music and she is gorgeous 😍 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Watch it every week.  Fantastic music and she is gorgeous 😍 

The food looked gorgeous but can she dance💃💃💃? I liked the way the tempo dropped as the lights dimmed. The last track was really good, but no idea what it was🎶🎶🎶

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

The food looked gorgeous but can she dance💃💃💃? I liked the way the tempo dropped as the lights dimmed. The last track was really good, but no idea what it was🎶🎶🎶

That last track was good. I actually mentioned it to Lou. Like you I have no idea what it is.  

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yep - it's the music for me. Some of her dishes do look great (the halloumi and chilli dipping sauce looked very nice), but often a bit fussy. Tend to prefer Jamie's approach, but it's all good really. Nigella wins hands down on the soundtrack.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

So, we’re all staying in tonight to watch Nigella repeats to get our soul fix? I hope some shrewd promoter is lining up Nigella to attend a venue for a photo-shoot after the pandemic has subsided? 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Good to hear a couple of B.B. King tracks last night and one by Paper Boy Reed , and 

pardon the pun Nigella is a dish .

Edited by Shinehead
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Next episode has just started.  Be interesting to hear what gets played 

Yep, it’s on here right now. A new series apparently, but I’m no expert. So far, a bit of Motown with a sprinkling of funk plus mainly instrumentals of a soulful nature. Quite watchable and listenable to with a few pretty catchy numbers.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
3 hours ago, Shuffling around said:

Blimey, tonight's episode ended with Make Me Yours.

Yep, Bettye Swann makes a fleeting appearance. Tonight’s tunes were a bit catchier than recent editions with a few instrumentals culled from the Motown archive and other sources - one had a rocksteady lilt to it and was finger-clicking good. I wonder if Nigella enjoys her Soul music as much as she likes her food?

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I suppose it depends whether she owns the production company and has artists input, or if she just gets on with the cooking side of things?

Either way, she has a very sexy way of making eye contact with the camera. 

And quite how she has lost weight with the amount of calories she chucks into her cooking is beyond me. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 07/11/2020 at 19:10, Frankie Crocker said:

So, we’re all staying in tonight to watch Nigella repeats to get our soul fix? I hope some shrewd promoter is lining up Nigella to attend a venue for a photo-shoot after the pandemic has subsided? 

I think she's knocked the gear on the head these days?

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Lightweight 🙃😁

Nigella doesn’t do weights...she has a flunky measuring the ingredients out. She has another flunky stirring them together. In the corner but hidden out of sight, she has a DJ who knows their onions. If only Nigella would pick up a microphone and sing along to one of the Motown backing tracks🎶🎶🎶

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 08/12/2020 at 04:30, Fish Fingers said:

I suppose it depends whether she owns the production company and has artists input, or if she just gets on with the cooking side of things?

Either way, she has a very sexy way of making eye contact with the camera. 

And quite how she has lost weight with the amount of calories she chucks into her cooking is beyond me. 

That's probably all she eats all week!!  Or otherwise she is spinning around the kitchen all day!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

just dropped a post 

posts with obvious sexual innuendos don't work that well on here

best avoid posting such in future

thanks

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
24 minutes ago, Mike said:

just dropped a post 

posts with obvious sexual innuendos don't work that well on here

best avoid posting such in future

thanks

Surely  Mike it was all in a bit of fun. I didn't see any harm in it , it actually made me laugh 😁

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Surely  Mike it was all in a bit of fun. I didn't see any harm in it , it actually made me laugh 😁

Steve

did you follow the link?

I'd say it again...

the site public content does need to be both workplace and search engine friendly

obvious sexual innuendos do not work well on here and posting such can damage the site

they may (and have in the past) get flagged up as 'adult content' and get questioned by likes of google

so best if avoid posting them 

can we take any further moderation discussion to here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/41-site-support/

thanks

Edited by Mike
tidy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike said:

did you follow the link?

I'd say it again...

the site public content does need to be both workplace and search engine friendly

obvious sexual innuendos do not work well on here and posting such can damage the site

they may (and have in the past) get flagged up as 'adult content' and get questioned by likes ofgoogle

best if avoid posting them 

No mate I didn't follow the link ( didn't even see a link  ) I  just laughed at the comment that Chris had made 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I thought the food was better than the music tonight. A touch of Motown then left-field RnB and Funk of a more obscure origin. Maybe the Northern mole at the Beeb stepped out of the kitchen and the intern swapped the tracks around. I eagerly await Double Cookin’ in the next episode to atone for this lapse.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 12/12/2020 at 11:43, Winsford Soul said:

No mate I didn't follow the link ( didn't even see a link  ) I  just laughed at the comment that Chris had made 

I laughed out loud too and Liked the comment. That said, I understand Mike’s view and that of Benji.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Nigella Vs Funk Brothers
    All About The Soul by sjclement on Mon 16 Nov 2015