Joe Hunter - Interview

Wheelsville1

8 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

Yes mate,its a pity it isnt longer,but then again he left Motown in 63 so i guess there isnt that much he could have talked about.I think an interview with him about after he left Motown would have been amazing,but since he passed away in 2007 im afraid thats not going to happen. Chris. 

Joe used to post now and then on our Soulful Detroit Forum during our early days (2001-2005), and answer our questions about the early days of Motown, and his own career afterwards.  Unfortunately, in 2010, when Lowell changed our platform to keep up with The Internet's technical growth, we lost most of the archives of our 2001-2007 threads.  The same is true for most of the threads that contained posts by lots of other Motown and Detroit musicians, singers, arrangers, producers, sound engineers, and other people who were in the music business in Detroit during the 1960s.  It's a crying shame, as many of those discussions we had, would answer a lot of the questions people here have been asking in recent years.  We lost tonnes of record label scans and photos of people back then, too.  It saddened me terribly when those archives were lost.  😪

Social source share

14 hours ago, Robbk said:

Joe used to post now and then on our Soulful Detroit Forum during our early days (2001-2005), and answer our questions about the early days of Motown, and his own career afterwards.  Unfortunately, in 2010, when Lowell changed our platform to keep up with The Internet's technical growth, we lost most of the archives of our 2001-2007 threads.  The same is true for most of the threads that contained posts by lots of other Motown and Detroit musicians, singers, arrangers, producers, sound engineers, and other people who were in the music business in Detroit during the 1960s.  It's a crying shame, as many of those discussions we had, would answer a lot of the questions people here have been asking in recent years.  We lost tonnes of record label scans and photos of people back then, too.  It saddened me terribly when those archives were lost.  😪

Robb, have you tried wayback machine, looks like it picked up a lot of topics from back then?

https://web.archive.org/web/20020606084223/https://soulfuldetroit.com/forum/

Social source share

14 hours ago, Robbk said:

When you look back at the importance Joe Hunter had from the early days of the Joe Hunter Band,Motown and then after,his legacy on both R+B and jazz was amazing. Chris. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Jamesh said:

Took a little while to open for me but did in the end

I knew about THOSE threads.  I knew that Lowell was able to save some threads from the 2004-2010 period, and, a handful from 2001-2004.  But they are significantly less than 10%of the "classical threads" from 2001-2010, and NONE of Joe Hunter's posts remain.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!