Loss of a true LEGEND Keith Minshull R.I.P

Kev John

So sad to hear of the loss of, as Kev discribed "A True Legend". Many happy memories and times with this guy, I always said to Keith that he should have been where Kev Roberts was and the reason he wasn;t was - too many Slow horses, fast women and that "One more record".

I will always be grateful to him for giving my son Ben, his "break" at DJing when Keith promoted the George.

RIP my old friend😔

Nige - Tina & Ben.

Edited by northernnigel60
addage
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

I have just heard the sad news of Keith's passing. I was supposed to be at Kings Hall for his Birthday, sadly not to be, but I did call him and wish him well. He gave me so much pleasure as a teenager spinning sounds at the Top Rank Hanley and the Heavy Steam Machine. He was made up a couple of years back when I sold him my demo of Bok to Bach. Keith, I will miss you, please take you place at the highest alter of Northern Soul and continue spinning sounds with Martin Ellis and Blue Max. We are being robbed of making more special memories. Condolences to all his family and friends. KTF.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Kev John said:

Keith  was taken into Royal Stoke Hospital just short of 8 weeks ago

He passed away around 8pm last night

My condolences go out to Keith's family & friends at this sad time 

Keith was a close friend to me & my wife 

Loads of fond memories in his company being his driver late,late nights 

Mick The Ferret is already missing you !

R.I..P my friend 

Good heavens, what a sad loss, knew him well from the Torch days, met up with again at the Blackpool re-union in 1998 and seen him on and off since then. Condolences to his family.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

As been first introduced to the northern scene in the Potteries in the early 1970’s I’ve never known Keith Minshull not being a part of the local and national scene.

Last saw him a few weeks ago at the Outdoor Record Fair in Newcastle Under Lyme.

A true Northern Soul icon

RIP Keith Minshull

👍🦆🎷😢👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Sad news indeed.

I first recall him from my last few weeks of the Torch, then Kidsgrove town Hall, Tiffs Newcastle and more recently Alsager civic. His DJ spots were truly great ,uptempo and a dancers delight.

Cantancerous he may have been , but hey ho...........you didn`t sit down too much during his spot on the decks. A true gent and a legend.

R.I.P.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Jim Elliott said:

I looked after Keith on the day of his admission at UHNM, and he had a very rough ride that day, but he pulled through with grumpy cheer. Hes at peace now.

RIP to a Northern Soul legend.

Jim.

Credit to your self and your colleagues Jim for looking after the likes of Keith and others through these VERY challenging times.

Credit where credits due 👏

Social source share

Very sad news. Spent many hours in the company of Keith and his first wife all those years ago.

Sold him many a tune at the Torch and met up again around 2000 and we kept in regular contact since, the last being a long phone call around 3 months ago when he had a good old reminisce about the Torch, scene in general and record hunting trips.

RIP my old mate

Julian ( and Carolyn)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!