What track do you never get tired of

Jazz

Hi Jazz, how you doing pal?

I'm afraid I'm sat here keeping that bloody virus company, or is it that virus keeping me company? Wife & I tested positive last weekend and if we can get it ANYONE can. We've been so careful mate, almost obsessional about it, because of our ages and my underlying health issues, we've taken no risks... Masks all the time, hand gelling, washing hands constantly and making sure we followed social distancing, yet it still got us... I see the infection rate is currently flying high around your neck of the woods, so take extra care mate!!!

I'll stick my fave into the equation.... As others have said, I could pick any one of many, but it has to be the Younghearts - A Little Togetherness 

Always been a constant favourite of mine. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Banner said:

Hi Jazz, how you doing pal?

I'm afraid I'm sat here keeping that bloody virus company, or is it that virus keeping me company? Wife & I tested positive last weekend and if we can get it ANYONE can. We've been so careful mate, almost obsessional about it, because of our ages and my underlying health issues, we've taken no risks... Masks all the time, hand gelling, washing hands constantly and making sure we followed social distancing, yet it still got us... I see the infection rate is currently flying high around your neck of the woods, so take extra care mate!!!

I'll stick my fave into the equation.... As others have said, I could pick any one of many, but it has to be the Younghearts - A Little Togetherness 

Always been a constant favourite of mine. 

We’re ok mate I’ve been working 6 days a week since day one my wife runs local post office so 6 days a week as well we don’t go anywhere if we do masks at all times etc I’m getting worried about Studge can’t get intouch with him if he don’t answer today I’ll have run over to check on him cracking track take care both of you we will have a pint and talk bollocks when this shit is over atb jazz 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, David Meikle said:

I’ve been listening to this on and off for nearly 51 years. Incredible slab of Northern Soul that always delivers.

I'm only at 45 years...brickyard at mexborough. Superb.

Hats off to Kev Roberts for making it possible to see AP sing it live at LA2004.

Ed

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Jazz, Studge text me on Sunday if that helps.

Yes we can talk plenty of b*llocks when/if we finally get through it.... I've got a degree in talking b*llocks!

For anyone thinking this virus is just another flu.... Believe me, it makes flu feel like a walk in the park!

It's vile!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Hiya, I could put loads and some already mentioned. For me in the northern soul context - Willie hutch - love runs out. The key change after the instrumental break, hedgehog on my head everytime. Others - big maybelle' oh lord' , creations - ' dream' . Frank Huston - old man me, nothing to it words wise, basic and brilliant and two from the hesitations- is this the way to treat a girl and I'll be right there , one of mine and me old mate panch's favourites, oh and blah blah etc, cheers

Social source share

15 hours ago, Banner said:

Jazz, Studge text me on Sunday if that helps.

Yes we can talk plenty of b*llocks when/if we finally get through it.... I've got a degree in talking b*llocks!

For anyone thinking this virus is just another flu.... Believe me, it makes flu feel like a walk in the park!

It's vile!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers pal I’ll ring him later 

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Skegsoul said:

Roosevelt Mathews "you got me digging you"

Of all the records collected over 40 odd years this is still my number one 

I think that was the one of the first records I obsessed over getting a copy.  

Provably not my number one but certainly near the top of the list.

eddie Parker “if you must go” probably my all time number one but I don’t listen to it too often now.  You can have to much of a good thing.....

but when I do listen it’s still special.

same could be said for quite a few others.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I can play these many times!

Ortheia Barnes - Watch Out Boy

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the Shed

Tony Hestor - Down In The Dumps

E J and the Echoes - Put A Smile On your Face

Magnetics - Count the days

Lynn Vernado - Wash and Wear Love

Jimmy Ellis - Happy To Be

Ree Flores - Look Into my Heart

You're Still In My Heart - Melvin Davis or Steve Mancha (both great)

and so on and on!!!!

Edited by Halogen
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Halogen said:

Ortheia Barnes - Watch out Boy

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the Shed

Tony Hestor - Down In The Dumps

E J and the Echoes - Put A Smile On your Face

Magnetics - Count the days

Lynn Vernado - Wash and Wear Love

Jimmy Ellis - Happy To Be

Will Collins - Anything I can Do For you

Ree Flores - Look Into my Heart

and so on and on!!!!

I used to love the fact that after a tape swap you would pick up a nice track like ej and echoes cheap and that to me was as good as hearing big money sounds.

Hearing stuff like that and being able to find copies happy days.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!