JMAuction - 18/11/2020 - Results

Zanetti

Got to be John’s feeblest auction ever. Just a couple of auction items fetching a high figure. Mainly Set Sale items fetching going-rate prices. Surely an auction should be for in-demand records that attract competitive bidders prepared to pay substantial sums. If a record sells for less than £200, it can’t really be a true auction item.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Rain. Is one of those records that you had to be there tunes. Personally I like it and the memories that goes with it.  Not particularly rare  but I wouldn't have any idea how much it would cost 

Poppy as hell, but I still have a soft spot for it - was the first 'Northern' record (on Axe reissue in 82) I ever bought (at least apart from Motown) and one of the few earliest buys (along with Barnaby Bye and Alfie Khan) that I still have. Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

12 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Got to be John’s feeblest auction ever. Just a couple of auction items fetching a high figure. Mainly Set Sale items fetching going-rate prices. Surely an auction should be for in-demand records that attract competitive bidders prepared to pay substantial sums. If a record sells for less than £200, it can’t really be a true auction item.

I've been saying exactly the same thing for years. Some of the stuff John sells are way above the going rate because its John,  no one else seems to be able to get the prices he gets. Not knocking John over it, can only blame the lazy punters for not shopping around . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!