News: Jackie Wilson Limited Edition 10 Record Box Set On Sale Now

perux

In the sales blurb (pdf attached), it states that I Get The Sweetest Feeling was covered by Edwin Starr. I'm not sure who wrote the blurb but the intro is written by Ian Levine. I am not aware of Starr ever covering this .. unless of course it was one of Levine's wonders released on one of his compilations? Any ideas .. or is it simply an error?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulstrutter said:

In the sales blurb (pdf attached), it states that I Get The Sweetest Feeling was covered by Edwin Starr. I'm not sure who wrote the blurb but the intro is written by Ian Levine. I am not aware of Starr ever covering this .. unless of course it was one of Levine's wonders released on one of his compilations? Any ideas .. or is it simply an error?

It’s on the Edwin Starr Story DVD...and yes one of Levines wonders...🙄

Social source share

8 hours ago, john hall said:

It’s on the Edwin Starr Story DVD...and yes one of Levines wonders...🙄

Thanks for that ... I suspected as much ... but just in case I was missing something as love the song.  Surprisingly, it hasn't been covered by many, perhaps it's a difficult song to sing?  A couple of versions not listed in blurb, The Platters, The Chants and of course Daisy Hicks modern take.  Will Young, Jamie Cullum and a several others (names omitted to protect the guilty) have made attempts in the noughties but no one has come near to JW's original version although Erma Franklins did a good job. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!